Vudu is an American demand video streaming platform where you can watch movies and shows without taking a subscription. You just need to rent the movie for 24 hours and can watch it on your device ad-free, there is also some content on Vudu that you can watch for free. If you are a Vudu user and here you came to find out what to do when Vudu gets stuck, black screen, freezes, or if it’s not working then stay on this page for 5 to 6 minutes, read and apply the troubleshooting steps mentioned here to your device and fix Vudu not working problem.
Why Has Vudu Stopped Working?
Several reasons can stop Vudu from working. It can stop working due to a glitch in the Vudu app, and sometimes it can stop working due to a glitch in your device. Below we’ve pointed out some major causes that can stop Vudu from working properly.
- Server down: Vudu app can stop functioning properly on the device due to a server outage.
- Poor Internet: You can also face issues while streaming Vudu due to connectivity problems.
- Slow internet speed: Slow internet connection can also create issues while streaming Vudu on your device.
- Temporary glitch on the device: Sometimes a temporary bug or glitch can create issues while streaming Vudu on your device.
What to Do When Vudu is Not Working on My Device
If you read the previous scenario where we wrote the possible reasons why Vudu is not working. Then below we’ve mentioned some fixes that can help you in fixing the Vudu app issue on your device.
Check and improve your internet connection
Before you apply any troubleshooting steps, check your internet connection is working fine. You can check your internet speed at speed test or try using other streaming platforms like YouTube to make sure the internet is working properly. To improve the internet connection, make sure that there is nothing between the router and device. You can also move your router closer to the streaming device for better results. Try to use an ethernet connection for connecting your device to the network. If the internet is still not working, then try using your mobile internet as a hotspot. Now connect your device to the mobile hotspot, if the Vudu is streaming then the reason for this problem is your wifi. To resolve this problem try contacting your internet service provider for help.
Check Vudu Outage
You’ll not be able to stream anything on Vudu during an outage. Outage means that the Vudu servers are facing issues or a technical glitch at Vudu’s end is causing the problem. During this time you’ll be not able to stream content through Vudu. If you want to check the Vudu outage live status then visit downdetector. Here you’ll the updates and live status of Vudu servers, if the service is down then wait for some time for Vudu to fix issues at their end. Once the issue is resolved you’ll be able to stream Vudu app on your device.
Restart the Vudu Application
Sometimes a quick restart of the Vudu app could be sufficient when the app is not working. There may be some kind of glitch existing in your Vudu app due to which Vudu is not working. Restarting the Vudu app by following the steps below can fix the issue.
- On your remote press, the exit or back button.
- Press the yes or ok button to exit the Vudu app.
- Now again launch the Vudu app.
Now try streaming any show or movie on Vudu and check if the Vudu app is working fine or not.
Also check: Fix paramount plus not working
Power Cycle Your Smart TV and Router
If the Vudu app is still not working after force closing and opening the app, then try the power cycle. This will resolve the technical glitch causing the issue. Doing this will also discharge the power from your router as well as the streaming device. Doing this can help you when Vudu is not working on your device.
- Unplug the smart tv from your power outlet.
- Now unplug your router.
- Press the physical power button on your tv for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router then your smart tv.
- Connect your tv to the router.
Now launch the Vudu app and check if you’re able to stream content through Vudu or not.
Update the Vudu App
If the Vudu app is not updated on your device for a long time, then this can be an issue. An outdated Vudu app can stop working properly on your device. It can start randomly crashing, lagging, or give you random error codes on your device. If you’ve not updated the Vudu app for a long time then follow the steps below.
- Go to the app store or play store depending on your device.
- Search the Vudu app and select it.
- 3. Now update the app to its latest version.
- Now reboot your device.
Launch Vudu, now check if the issue you were facing previously is resolved or not.
Also check: Fix peacock tv not working
Reinstall the Vudu App
If the Vudu app is still not working on your device. Then you can try reinstalling the Vudu app on your device. Reinstalling Vudu can help you can resolve different issues on your streaming device. To reinstall the Vudu app follow the steps below.
- Delete/uninstall the Vudu app from your device.
- Restart the device.
- Now install the latest version of the Vudu app on your device.
After installing launch the Vudu app and check if the problem you were having previously is resolved or not.
Update Your Device Firmware
If you’ve not updated your device firmware for a long time, then might face various issues while using apps like Vudu on your device. Updating your device firmware can help you in resolving the various problem with the Vudu app on your device. So make sure that your device is up to date. If not then go to your device settings, from there check if the device is updated or not. If you’ve any updates pending, then firstly update your device firmware. After updating your device relaunch the Vudu app and check if the issue you were facing is resolved or not.
Also check: Fix discovery plus not working
Factory Reset Your Smart TV
If none of the steps worked in resolved Vudu not working or opening on your smart tv. Then resetting your smart tv back to its factory default settings can help you. To factory reset your smart tv follow the steps below.
- Go to the home screen.
- Then select the settings option.
- Go to support then select self-diagnosis.
- Now select the reset option.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Now scroll and select settings
- Select the system option.
- Now choose Advanced system settings.
- From here factory reset your smart tv.
- Get your firestick remote.
- Now press the back and right navigational buttons together for 10-15 seconds.
- Now select continue to factory reset your firestick.
Vizio Smart Tv
- Press the menu button on the Vizio remote.
- Now select the system option.
- Go to reset & admin option.
- Now factory reset your Vizio tv from here.
We’ve already posted information on how to factory reset your LG, Hisense, and TCL smart tv. Follow the steps in those posts for resetting your smart tv. After a factory reset, install the Vudu app and check if the issue is fixed or not.
If the Vudu is still not working, then first check for the outage. If there is no Vudu outage showing at downdetector, then contact Vudu through their social media pages or visit here for help. Also check our post on how you can fix netflix stuck on loading screen.