Vudu is a well-known streaming service in the USA and Canada and all around the world. It’s a really good platform and has a good collection of movies and shows. But like every other streaming service, this also has issues. One of them is Vudu error code 28, which is a network blockage or network connectivity issue. This is a known issue and we’re going to explain the reasons and how to fix error code 28: operation timeout on your device.
Reasons for error code 28 on Vudu
Closed/ Blocked ports: Every app needs ports to connect to the internet. If these ports are closed then your case face error while using the app on your device.
Windows firewall and antivirus– Windows firewall or antivirus can block your app to access the internet. This can lead to error code 28 on Vudu.
Double NAT configuration: If you’re on double Nat router and your Nat is not configured as double. Then you can face error code 28 operation timeout on your device.
So these are the known culprit for error code 28 on the Vudu app. You can follow the steps below to fix this error on your device.
Open network ports to fix error code 28 Vudu
Closed ports are the known reason for the network blockage Vudu error code 28 failed to connect to the internet. You can follow the steps below to set a new rule for opening ports on your device.
- Click on the Windows icon from the bottom left and click on the gear icon to open settings. You can also press the Windows + I button to open windows settings.
- Click the last option update and security
- From the left pane click on windows security and now click on firewall and network protection
- Now click on advanced settings and click yes.
- Click on the inbound rule and from the left side below action click on the new rule
- Set the rule type as a port and click on the Next button.
- Select TCP and specified local port and in the box next to specified local ports enter the following port number with commas- 843, 13207, 13217, 13227, 13237, 13247, 13257
- Select allow connection and click on the Next button.
- Make sure all three (domain, private, public) are selected and click on next.
- Write a name for this new inbound rule and click on finish.
- Now you need to set an outbound rule by following the same steps above.
After setting a new inbound and outbound rule check if you’re still facing the Vudu error code 28 on your device. If you’re still facing the issue you can follow the other steps below.
Tips: Shut down your streaming device and unplug your device and router for 30 seconds. Now plug back in your device and router and connect your device to the network. Check if the Vudu error code 28 failed to connect to the internet is resolved after this.
Also check: how to fix amazon prime video error code 9068
Change your DNS settings
Many users were able to solve the Vudu error code 28 by changing the DNS settings. You can follow the below steps to make changes to your DNS settings.
- Right-click on the network icon from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now click on open network and internet settings.
- Here click on the change adapter option.
- Right-click on the network and click on properties.
- Select or click on (TCP/IPv4) internet protocol version and click on the properties.
- Select use the following DNS addresses and enter 22.214.171.124 in the preferred DNS server and the alternate DNS server enters 126.96.36.199 and click on ok.
- Now restart your desktop or laptop.
Tips: You can also reinstall Vudu on your device to fix the Vudu error code 28.
Also Check: How to fix Hulu error code 301
Turn off the Firewall or Add Vudu to the exception list
Sometimes disabling the firewall or adding Vudu to the exception list can help the app access the internet. This will fix the Vudu error code 28 on your device. You can follow the steps below to disable the firewall on your device.
- Press the windows key+I button to open settings and click on update and security.
- From the left side options click windows security and then click on firewall and network protection.
- Now disable the firewall for your connected network from here.
To allow the app through the firewall follow the steps below.
- Again go to update and security in the windows settings.
- Now click on windows security after that click on firewall and network protection.
- Click allow an app through windows firewall.
- Click Vudu from the list and click on change settings and allow access to a public and private network and click ok.
- If you can’t find vudu then click on change settings and from the bottom click on allow another app…
- Now click on browse and search and select Vudu exe. and click on open
- Now click on the add button. Check if both private and public network access is checked.
- Click ok to save changes and restart your computer or laptop.
Now try streaming on Vudu and check if the error code 28 is resolved on your device. If you’re using any other antivirus, disable it and then check if the error cod 28 is resolved on Vudu. You can also add Vudu to exception list from the antivirus settings to fix Vudu failed to connect to the network error on your device.
Conclusion: Vudu error code 28 operation timeout is network blockage error. You can face this error if your device is unable to connect to the internet. To fix this you can change DNS setting and open closed network ports.
If you’ve any suggestion let us know from the comment box and do check our post on how to fix Hulu error code p-ts207