Vizio is one of the USA’s most reliable brands offering best-in-class smart tv. They have established themselves as one of the most trusted tv brands in the market. But like all the other smart tv brands, there are some issues you might face while using your Vizio smart tv. One of the issues is when your Vizio tv is stuck on the logo, loading screen, terms and conditions screen, demo mode, or the startup screen. In this post, we’re going to explain what to do when your Vizio smart tv is stuck.
Why is My Vizio Smart TV Stuck on Logo, Loading, terms, and condition screen?
Many reasons can create such issues while using a Vizio smart tv. Some reasons are big and some are very small, we’ve mentioned some points below which can cause Vizio TV to stuck.
- Power altercation: Because of power altercation you may see the Vizio TV logo is frozen on the screen.
- Temporary glitch: Sometimes a temporary glitch prevents your Vizio tv to perform its task properly.
- The broadcast channel is frozen: Sometimes the channel you’re trying to watch is frozen.
- Loose cable or defect in the wiring: when the TV cable became loose or there is some defect in the wiring it causes the TV to stuck on the logo.
- Hardware issue: internal hardware issue can be the reason for the Vizio tv stuck problem
- Overheating issue: Overheating Vizio tv can start stuttering and freezing.
- Software update pending: Outdated Vizio tv firmware can also create issues.
- Due to low RAM issue: If your tv doesn’t have enough ram then it can start lagging and freezing.
- Defective remote: Defective remote can also create issues.
How to fix it when Vizio TV is stuck on the logo, choose your language, setup t&c, etc?
After learning the prime causes for this problem you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps below that can help you in fixing the Vizio tv stuck issue.
Power Cycle Your Vizio Smart TV
If your Vizio smart tv is stuck on logo, terms, and conditions, loading or on the startup screen, or setup screen, then a power cycle can sometimes easily fix these problems. To properly power cycle your Vizio smart tv follow the steps below.
- First of all, turn off your Vizio smart tv using the remote.
- Now unplug the Vizio tv from the power outlet.
- Also, remove any wire or devices connected to your Vizio tv.
- If available, then press the physical power button on the tv for 20 seconds to discharge the electricity.
- Now, wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, plugin your smart tv and turn it on.
After following the steps above most Vizio tv owners will be able to get past the Vizio tv stuck issue. If the issue persists, then there are other troubleshooting steps below that can help you.
Also check: Fix vizio tv keeps turning on and off
Fix Vizio TV Stuck on Choose Your Language
Before proceeding with the steps below, first, try power cycling your Vizio smart tv by following the steps above, if that doesn’t work then you can perform a quick reset by pressing the button on your Vizio tv.
- Locate the button on the back of your Vizio tv.
- Now press and hold Volume up+ and input button together.
- Now your Vizio tv will turn off and turn on.
- Release the button once you get the picture on your screen.
Now you’ll be able to use your Vizio smart tv without any issue.
Check Your Power Source and Wires
Check that all the cord is perfectly connected to the video and audio ports of your tv. Because sometimes a loose cord can create such issues. Also, make sure that the power cable is plugged in properly. Your Vizio tv can start lagging due to low power. Check all the video cables and power cables. After resolving the loose cable issue, you’ll not face Vizio smart tv lagging and freezing issues.
Update Your Vizio TV Firmware
Make sure that your Vizio tv firmware is up to date. If you’ve not updated your Vizio smart tv for a long time, then follow the steps mentioned below to update your Vizio smart tv.
- Press the V key on your remote.
- Choose System from the menu.
- Select check for updates.
- Now TV will start to check for any updates available.
- If an update is available select and install and wait for the further process.
- When the update finish, start the TV to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Also check: How to fix vizio tv black screen of death
Factory Reset Your Vizio Smart TV
If none of the steps worked for you and if your Vizio tv is still stuck, then factory reset is your last option. To factory reset your Vizio smart tv follow the steps below.
Scene 1- (if you’re able to access the menu)
- With the help of the Vizio remote press the menu button.
- Select the system option.
- Select reset & admin and press OK.
- Select reset TV to factory defaults and press OK.
- If asked for a pin then enter 0000.
- Select reset and press OK and wait for the TV to restart.
Scene 2 (if the menu is not accessible)
- Turn on your tv.
- Press and hold the input and volume – button on your Vizio tv for 10-15 seconds.
- Now you’ll get a prompt on your tv asking if you want to reset your Vizio tv.
- Press the input button to proceed with the reset.
- Now Vizio tv will reset to factory settings.
Now check if the Vizio tv stuck issue is resolved or not.
If your Vizio tv is still stuck on the logo or any other screen, then it can sometimes occur due to a hardware issue. In some cases, you’ll need to replace the EEPROM which is a read-only memory necessary for your Vizio tv to function properly. For fixing such issues you can contact a technician near you or contact Vizio tv.The experts at Vizio can help you in fixing this problem. Also check what to when vizio tv is stuck on smartcast is starting up please wait.