Vizio TV Keeps Restarting/Updating? Vizio TV is one of the best-selling smart TVs in the market because of its viewing experience, but also it is frustrating when it is stuck on downloading updates; some Vizio tv owners face this problem when they purchase a new Vizio tv.
I‘m here to write this article because I also have a Vizio smart tv, and once I also faced this issue but I got the solution to this problem which I want to share with you so you can fix this problem easily.
Why does Vizio Tv keep updating and restarting?
- Due to hardware or software issues.
- An issue in receiving the power supply.
- Due to a malfunctioning defect.
- The problem with the Vizio TV remote.
- Due to voltage fluctuating.
How do I fix Vizio TV Keeps Updating and Restarting?
To fix this problem in no time, restart your Vizio smart tv, check the power cables if damaged, update the firmware of the TV, and check the remote of the TV; if the problem persists, then factory reset your TV.
Power cycle your Vizio TV.
If your TV is showing some kind of strange behavior, then the first thing you can try is power cycling your TV, this issue can occur due to the temporary existence of the bug, and a fresh restart will help you to fix this problem.
- Turn off the TV and unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for a minute.
- Now press and hold the Power button until the tv turns off.
- Plug back the TV cable into a power outlet.
- Restart the TV and check if the problem is gone.
Related: Vizio TV Stuck On Logo
Restart your router
If your Vizio TV keeps updating and restarting, then probably your network is slow, or there is some problem with your router, but after restarting the router, you can get rid of the network issue. Here is the right way to restart your router.
- Press the Power button on your router.
- Disconnect the router power cable from the power supply.
- Wait for some time and restart the router.
- Now restart the TV and check if updates are proceeding.
Check the cables and outlet of the Vizio tv.
If your Vizio TV restarts and turns off without your permission, then you should check first whether the problem is with your power cable or if there is a power issue.
Check the power cable, it should be securely connected, and if the power cable is not connecting properly in the outlet, then it’s better to change the outlet.
You should also check the voltage parameters of the main power outlet; sometimes, a low voltage may malfunction the device.
To check the voltage, you can insert a voltmeter into a power outlet, and you can also use a stabilizer to control the voltage from risk.
Check the damaged/broken adapter.
If you checked your cables and outlet are working fine, then you can’t ignore the broken adapter of the TV.
Yes, your TV adapter can be damaged due to improper use, so better to check from start to end if it is broken or gets cut. Check with the different adapter to see if it’s working fine.
Fix your malfunctioning remote
Remote malfunctioning happens since the remote part of the electronic device and your TV may keep restarting because of your remote.
Check if the power key accidentally presses down or if there is a bug in your remote. You can refresh the remote by using the given steps below.
- Make sure your TV is turned off.
- Remove the batteries from the remote.
- Wait for a minute.
- And, put the batteries back in the remote.
- Turn the TV on and check if the TV is working fine or not.
Updating your Vizio TV
Sometimes outdated versions of TV firmware let the TV restart again and again and stop working properly.
To eliminate this bug, you have to first check your firmware is running on the latest version; if not, then follow the steps to update it.
- Use the Vizio remote and go to Settings.
- Open the System option.
- Select Check for updates.
- If an update is available, download and install it.
Make sure when you update the TV, you have a fast and reliable network connection, and when the update is complete, restart your TV for better results.
Reset the Vizio TV
At last, if nothing fixes your problem after trying all the possible methods above, then hard reset your TV, it will not only fix the problem of the TV, but your TV will look as new as you newly bought the first time.
- Go to the setting and select the System Menu.
- Select the Reset and Admin menus.
- Click on Reset TV to factory reset.
- Enter the code 0000 and click on OK to confirm it.
Contact the Vizio support team.
Now we have the last option to contact the Vizio support team if all the possible fixes fail to provide a solution.
You can visit Contact Vizio and fill the Customer Support Callback Request form. Make sure you will write every minor issue related to your Vizio TV.
After submitting the form, they will reach you and give you assistance on what to do next in order to solve the problem.
More Helpful Guides;