Everyone loves to cast or mirror their favorite videos or content from their phone to Vizio smart cast tv. But sometimes users face issues like smartcast tv not available or black screen issue while casting or stuck on a black starting screen. This can happen if there’s a fault in your tv settings, a network configuration issue, a temporary bug in your smartcast app, or an outdated tv software or firmware. If you’re also facing smartcast tv not available then follow the below steps to fix it permanently.
Power cycle your Vizio Smartcast TV and other devices
Power cycling your device will most likely fix the smartcast tv not available issue. To power-cycle, your devices follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Vizio smartcast tv and unplug it from the power cord.
- Now unplug your router from the power socket.
- Now uninstall and reinstall the smartcast app and restart your smartphone.
- Turn on your Vizio smartcast tv and your router.
- Connect your devices to the same wifi network.
- When the smartcast home appears check if the issue is fixed.
Try soft power cycle
- On your Vizio remote press the menu button
- Now select system and then reset and admin option
- Here select a soft power cycle and select the yes option to confirm the power cycle. Now your tv will turn off and turn on automatically.
- In the meantime also restart your router and your smartphone.
- When the smartcast tv starts wait for some time and connect your devices to the same network and check if you’re still facing the smartcast tv not available or not.
Also check: Sling tv error code 4-310
Check Internet connection
You can also face the smartcast tv not available issue if your internet connection is not working or not strong. To check your internet connection on vizio smartcast tv go to the Network menu and select test connection. Now check if your tv is connected to the internet or not. If connected and not getting the desired speed then follow some of the tips below.
- Make sure you’re connected to a private network instead of a shared network like school, college, or hospital.
- If you’re not getting enough speed through the wireless router, then move your router closer to your vizio tv and place it higher than your vizio smartcast tv. If still, you’re not getting enough speed then move to the next tip.
- Unplug your router from the plug for 30 seconds and turn it back on again. Now connect your smartcast tv to the router and check if the smartcast tv not available issue is fixed or not.
- Instead of vizio smartcast tv check your internet connection on other devices. Try streaming youtube or opening a webpage to see if the internet is working properly. If not then try connecting your isp for help.
Try using another network for vizio smartcast tv
Try using other networks for using vizio tv. This will help if you’re facing smartcast not available issues due to current network issues or not. To check this you can connect vizio to your mobile hotspot and check if vizio smartcast is working properly on that network or not. It is working then try contacting your isp for help in this issue.
Also check: Fix Roku error code 009
Make changes to DHCP Settings
If DHCP is not configured or enabled properly on your network then you can face smartcast tv not available issue. DHCP assigns a unique IP address to every device connected to that network. If it is not working properly then you can face this issue on your vizio smartcast tv. You can follow the steps below to change or configure your DHCP settings.
- Shut down your vizio tv
- Now open a browser on your laptop or desktop
- Now visit your router’s URL.
- Enter your login details to sign in
- Now go to router settings and go to the DHCP section. You can find it in network settings, setup, or in the advanced section.
- Now if the DHCP is disabled then enable it. If it is enabled then disable it and enable it again.
- Save these settings and exit.
- Start your vizio smartcast tv check if the issue is fixed or not.
Reset Vizio Smartcast Tv
If after trying all the steps you’re still getting smartcast tv not available then you reset your tv to its factory settings to fix the issue. Follow the steps below to reset your tv.
Note: any custom setting will be deleted.
From the menu
- Press the menu button on your smart cast remote and go to the system option.
- Now go to system and admin
- Choose reset smartcast tv to factory setting
- After resetting tv check if the smartcast tv not available is fixed.
Using smartcast remote
- Press the input button and volume down button for 10 seconds
- A bar will appear on the top of your screen.
- Again press the input key for 5-10 seconds and your vizio tv will shut down.
- Now start your tv and follow the screen instruction to reset your tv to factory settings.
Now check smartcast tv not available issue will be fixed.
Conclusion: Smartcast tv not available occurs due to temporary bug in your network settings or smartcast tv. To fix this you can powe-cycle your smartcast tv and router also you can change your network DHCP settings to resolve vizio smartcast tv not available.
If you’ve any other fix to this issue comment in through the box below. Also check how to fix Netflix error code ui3012