Recently updated on September 3rd, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Vizio tv is loved by many users due to its unique operating system “smartcast”. I also love my vizio tv, but recently I started getting error “smartcast is not available” on my tv. I tried some basic troubleshooting but that didn’t work for me. So I searched some forums on reddit and contacted the vizio tv. Finally, I found the solution to “smartcast not working” issue. In this post I’m going to share how to fix vizio tv smartcast not working or smartcast not available error codes.
Why is Vizio Smartcast TV Not Working?
There are several reasons for SmartCast TV not working. But, here we’ve provided some possible causes of SmartCast TV not working.
- Internet issue: If your internet is not working, then you can get error “smartcast home not available”.
- Outdated Firmware: Sometimes using your device on outdated firmware can lead you to this kind of problem. Make sure that your device is running on the latest firmware update.
- Glitch or bug: If there is a bug or glitch then smartcast can stop working on vizio tv.
How Do I Get My SmartCast to Work?
Vizio “smartcast home not available” or loading issue can be easily fixed by refreshing the smartcast home screen, restarting your vizio tv or by resetting your vizio tv to factory settings. Below we’ve mentioned these troubleshooting methods in detailed manner.
Change The Language to Reload Smartcast Home Screen
If smartcast home is not loading due to some glitch, then you can easily fix this problem by refresh smartcast home;
- First of all, Switch your Tv to the SmartCast Input and then,
- Open TV Menu.
- After that, navigate to the System Menu.
- Now, change the language to French/Spanish. DO NOT CLOSE THE MENU
- And, Wait for Smartcast Home to Load. If SmartCast doesn’t load then, maybe your home network is running slow. So, verify your internet connection and,
- Once the SmartCast Home Loads, change the Menu language back to English.
Power Cycle Your Vizio Smartcast TV and Other Devices
Power cycling your device will most likely fix the smartcast tv not available issue. To power-cycle, your devices follow the steps below.
Hard Reset Your Vizio Smart Tv
- Turn off your vizio tv
- Now unplug your tv from the power socket.
- Press and hold the power button on your tv.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plug in your tv and turn it on.
Try Soft Power Cycle
- On your Vizio remote press the menu button
- Now select system and then reset and admin option
- Here select a soft power cycle and select the yes option to confirm the power cycle. Now your tv will turn off and turn on automatically.
- In the meantime also restart your router.
- When the smartcast tv starts wait for some time and connect your devices to the same network and check if you’re still facing the smartcast tv not available or not.
Also check: Sling tv error code 4-310
Why is My Vizio SmartCast Not Working?
You can also face the smartcast tv not available issue if your internet connection is not working or not strong.
Check Internet Connection
You can get error “smartcast home not available” if your internet connection is not working or not strong. To check your internet connection on vizio smartcast tv go to the Network menu and select test connection. Now check if your tv is connected to the internet or not. If connected and not getting the desired speed then follow some of the tips below.
- Make sure you’re connected to a private network instead of a shared network like school, college, or hospital.
- If you’re not getting enough speed through the wireless router, then move your router closer to your vizio tv and place it higher than your vizio smartcast tv. If still, you’re not getting enough speed then move to the next tip.
- Unplug your router from the plug for 30 seconds and turn it back on again. Now connect your smartcast tv to the router and check if the smartcast tv not available issue is fixed or not.
- Instead of vizio smartcast tv check your internet connection on other devices. Try streaming youtube or opening a webpage to see if the internet is working properly. If not then try connecting your isp for help.
If your internet is not working or slow, then contact your isp. Once the internet issue is fixed smartcast home will load without any issue.
Try Using Another Network for Vizio Smartcast TV
Try using other networks for using vizio tv. This will help if you’re facing smartcast not available issues due to current network issues or not. To check this you can connect vizio to your mobile hotspot and check if vizio smartcast is working properly on that network or not. It is working then try contacting your isp for help in this issue.
Also check: Fix Roku error code 009
Smartcast Not Working Error Code 2102_1, 2903_1, 2201_1, 2902
Sometimes you can get error codes 2101_1, 2903_1, 2201_1, 2902 when smartcast is not working on your vizio tv. To fix these error codes you can simply power cycle your vizio smart tv by following the steps below.
- Turn off your vizio smart tv.
- Now unplug it from the wall.
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and vizio tv and turn them on.
- Launch smartcast and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If you’re still getting smartcast tv not available error code 2102_1, 2903_1 on your vizio tv, then try factory resetting your vizio tv by following the steps mentioned below. After factory reset smartcast home not available issue will be resolved on your vizio tv.
Make changes to DHCP Settings
If DHCP is not configured or enabled properly on your network then you can face smartcast tv not available issue. DHCP assigns a unique IP address to every device connected to that network. If it is not working properly then you can face this issue on your vizio smartcast tv. You can follow the steps below to change or configure your DHCP settings.
- Shut down your vizio tv
- Now open a browser on your laptop or desktop
- Now visit your router’s URL.
- Enter your login details to sign in
- Now go to router settings and go to the DHCP section. You can find it in network settings, setup, or in the advanced section.
- Now if the DHCP is disabled then enable it. If it is enabled then disable it and enable it again.
- Save these settings and exit.
- Start your vizio smartcast tv check if the issue is fixed or not.
Update Vizio Software
If you’re using outdated software, it might be the reason for your SmartCast Tv Not available issue. So, it’ll be better to check if there’s any latest updates available for your Vizio TV. To locate, available updates follow the steps as mentioned below;
- Go to your Tv Home screen.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Now, go to Systems and then, select System Updates. Check if there’s any update available for your tv and if there’s any.
- Install it and wait for Tv to restart.
If this resolves your issue, it’s great. But, if you’re still facing the issue then move towards the next method.
Reset Vizio Smartcast TV
If your still getting message “smartcast home not available” then factory reset is your last option.
Note: any custom setting will be deleted.
From the menu
- Press the menu button on your smart cast remote and go to the system option.
- Now go to system and admin
- Choose reset smartcast tv to factory setting
- After resetting tv check if the smartcast tv not available is fixed.
Using smartcast remote
- Press the input button and volume down button for 10 seconds
- A bar will appear on the top of your screen.
- Again press the input key for 5-10 seconds and your vizio tv will shut down.
- Now start your tv and follow the screen instruction to reset your tv to factory settings.
Now check smartcast tv not available issue will be fixed.
Is Vizio SmartCast Down?
Made changes with DHCP settings, verified your internet connection, reset your Vizio tv back to default settings, and still getting the same SmartCast Tv Not available on the screen. Well in this scenario, go to social media to check the status of Vizio SmartCast. If there’s an outage, wait for Vizio to fix this.
Ask Vizio Support
If nothing’s helping you out in resolving the SmartCast Tv not available issue then, try to contact Vizio customer support and report your concern to them. Ask them to help you out.
If you’ve any other fix to this issue comment in through the box below. Also check how to fix Netflix error code ui3012.
It can be a bug or software glitch, outdated firmware, or wrong DHCP. We’ve mentioned some best possible fixes and methods to fix this issue. So, Try all of the methods that are mentioned above.
Try to perform a power cycle on your device, if that doesn’t work for you then, try to check your network connection and follow some other troubleshooting steps. But if stil,l SmartCast app isn’t working, try to check the availability of Vizio in your region.