Vizio smartcast tv is highly user-friendly and has some premium features that have made it popular among users. This smart tv has a lot of value to offer, and it can connect to different devices depending on the apps installed.
Vizio tv can communicate with other devices like smartphones, tablets etc. However, sometimes you may encounter some issues with your Vizio TV.
Recently, some Vizio TV users have been experiencing the “Grey screen of death” issue on their Vizio TV smartcast. It is a severe problem, and if you’re on this site, you may also be going through the same situation and looking for fixes to resolve the issue.
Well, you’ve landed in the right place. So sit back, relax and follow the given ways to fix the grey screen issue.
How do I fix the GREY screen on my VIZIO TV?
Here, we’ve penned down the ways that’ll guide and help you in resolving the “Vizio TV smartcast Grey Screen.”
Let’s try to fix the “Grey screen” issue by performing a soft reboot on your Vizio TV. If there’s a minor bug or glitch, it can be resolved by soft rebooting. To do so, follow the steps as instructed below;
Some Vizio televisions have an option to ‘Soft Power Cycle’. You can locate this option in the menu;
- Press the Menu button on the remote and navigate to the System.
- After that, choose Reset & Admin > Soft Power Cycle.
- Once your Tv reboots, check to see if the “Grey Screen” issue is resolved or not.
Power cycle your Vizio Smartcast TV
Tried soft rebooting, but it didn’t help you resolve the issue. In this scenario, you can try power cycling your TV. Usually, we turn off and turn on the TV to perform a power cycle. But here’s another way to do it;
- Unplug the Vizio TV power cord from the wall outlet.
- Now, press and hold the Power button given on the side panel of Vizio TV for 5 seconds.
- After that, plug the power cord into the wall outlet and turn on the television by pressing the power button.
Turn on Power Mode – Using the Tv on Eco Mode causes such issues
Maybe you’re using your Vizio TV in Eco Mode, which is why you’re experiencing the Grey screen on your Vizo TV. There were some instances where using the Vizio TV on Eco Mode caused such errors. Some users also reported that turning off the Eco mode fixes their issue.
This step is only applicable if you can access the Vizio TV settings. If you cannot access your TV settings, move on to the next step.
So try turning off the Eco Mode on your Vizio TV;
- Press the Settings button on your remote.
- And scroll to the System and select Power Mode.
- Now, check to see if your TV is in Eco Mode. If it is, switch to the “Quick Start” and will turn off the Eco Mode, and your issue should be resolved now.
Verify the cord
Sometimesthe cord connecting both ends, the video device and the TV, tends to lose, and this causes interference which will result in display issues.
So, verify that all the cords attached to the TVs are securely connected and working fine. Also, check if there’s any cut or fray in the cord.
Check to see if the issue happens on another device or an app
There might be a possibility that it is a global outage. If you’re encountering the issue while using an app, try to launch that app on another device and check to see if the grey screen also appears there. If you’re encountering the grey screen on another device, it’s a global outage and will be fixed shortly.
Also, check if you’re encountering the same issue on your (or friends’) other Vizio Tv.
But, if not, your Vizio TV is having a display issue. Call or visit the nearest Vizio support/service center,
Check your picture mode to see if there is an issue with your TV’s settings
Here’s another step you can try for. Try changing the picture settings of your Vizio TV. To do so, follow the steps given below;
- Press the Menu button on the VIZIO remote.
- And choose the Picture option and then select the first option, “Picture Mode.”
- Now, you can see different picture modes. Try to switch between these picture modes.
Note: Some remotes do have a PIC button. You can change picture modes by pressing the PIC button on your remote.
How to reset Vizio smartcast tv?
Note: By performing a factory reset on your TV, all settings applied by you will be returned to the default setting. So it is highly recommended to remember those settings, or you can also take pictures of your settings so that it is easy for you to take back those settings after a factory reset.
These are the simple steps you can follow to factory reset your TV :
- Press the Menu button on your VIZIO TV remote,
- Now select the Reset & Menu option.
- Then select the option Reset to Factory Settings.
- Finally, select the Reset option.
- After that, complete the initial steps to set up your TV.
Sometimes, you can find this option under the ‘Help’ option rather than the ‘System’ option.
A trick that worked for users
These steps were stated and followed by a Vizio TV user who encountered the issue on his TV, and he and others(users he replied to) managed to fix the “Grey screen of death”.
- Turn on the TV using your Vizio Tv remote.
- Now, try pressing the Input and Volume Up button on the back of the TV, and you will end up on the HDMI option
- Afterwards, you can change the necessary input on your remote, and it will work for you.
- Try to press and hold the Volume Up and Input given on the back of your Vizio TV.
- Now, your Tv will reboot into normal mode, and your issue should be resolved.
If it doesn’t work, turn off your TV and try again.
Contact Vizio Support
If the steps mentioned above didn’t help and worked for you, try contacting Vizio TV customer support and explain your issue and ask their customer executive to provide the resolution to fix the “Grey screen” issue.
More helpful guide: