Many users like to watch twitch streams using twitch.tv website. But occasionally users come across the error code 2000 while streaming twitch on twitch.tv. Twitch error code 2000 occurs due to internet connection issues, network change, misconfigured browser configuration, extensions, or antivirus. These are some of the reasons which cause the error on twitch. You can follow the steps below to troubleshoot error 2000 on twitch.
Fix Twitch Error Code 2000
Refresh the Twitch Stream
The very first way to fix this error code is just to refresh the Twitch Stream. Most of the time a simple refresh will fix the twitch error code 2000 on your pc. Some of you guys have already tried this way but maybe some people don’t. Try to refresh the twitch stream for about 4-5times, if it fails to fix your issue then you have to follow the other ways that are given below.
Check your Network Connection
As we stated that Twitch error code 2000 may occur due to an issue in your network. So to fix this error code you need to verify that your network connection is working well or not. Try to use other online websites or streaming apps to check your network. You can try restarting your router and pc. If you’re on mobile disable your internet connection and enable it. If the internet connection is working fine then you can move on with other steps to fix the error 2000 on twitch.
Also check: Discord rtc connecting no route error fixed
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Some users reported that they fixed this error code by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies. Clearing the cache and cookies of your web browser may fix this error code. To access the cache and cookies follow the steps given below,
- To open the Clear Browsing Data menu, you need to press the Shift + Ctrl + Delete keys.
- Go to the Time range and select the All-time option from the list.
- Now, check the boxes of “cookies and other site data” and “cached images and files”.
- Lastly, go to “Clear Data”.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Delete and it’ll open a “Clear all history” window.
- Now, go to “Time range to clear” select “Everything” from the list.
- Next, move to the history section to make sure the boxes of Cookies and Cache are checked.
- Once you are done with the history section, click OK and the cache and cookies of your web browser will be cleared.
To access the Clear browsing data menu, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys.
Once the menu opens you’ll see a lot of options there, you only need to check the boxes of “Cookies and saved websites data” and “Cached data and files”.
Once you check the boxes, go to “Clear”.
Disable Enhanced Anti-Tracking
If you’re using ghostery then this step may help you in fixing this error code because users of ghostery managed to fix this Twitch error code 2000 by disabling the enhanced anti-tracking. Follow the given steps.
- Open Ghostery.
- Go to the Shield icon and this will open an Enhanced Anti-Tracking tab.
- On the right pane, you’ll notice that Anti-Tracking is enabled, switch the slider towards the left to disable enhanced anti-tracking.
Related: How to raid someone on twitch
- Click on the three-dots icon to open google chrome’s menu. Go to the “More Tools” option then, from the sub-menu click on “Extensions”.
- Now, to disable the extensions you have to use the toggle on/off button. Switch the toggle button to off.
- Check to disable the extensions/ad blocker helps or not. If still, the error code persists then you have to follow the next methods. And, if disabling the extensions/ ad blocker fixes this error code like other users then follow the last step.
- Once you disabled all the extensions/ad blocker and it fixes the twitch error code 2000, now it’s time to find the culprit. Go to the Extensions page and enable the extensions one by one. Once you found the culprit remove it from your extensions list.
Turn off VPN and proxy
Using a VPN can be the reason for this error code because when you turn on VPN it will block some sites and you can face errors like this one, so turn off your VPN because it helps for other users also.
If you’re using a third-party VPN application, open it and disable it from the dashboard. Whether it’s nordvpn, expressvpn, or zenmate. You can disable them from their dashboard.
And, if you’ve added a VPN connection on your desktop then,
- Go to the settings and click on the “Network & Internet” option.
- Next, move to a VPN and turn it from there.
- Open settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
- Go to Use a proxy server and disable it/turn it off.
Related: How to clip on twitch
Turn Off HTML 5 Player
Some users use HTML 5 player to watch videos directly from the page. If you’re also using this video player, disable it. Some functionality can cause an error like Twitch 2000, follow the steps to disable HTML 5,
- Go to the Twitch homepage.
- Try to play a stream/video, click on settings (bottom-right corner).
- Go to Advanced settings and disable the HTML 5 player.
Change your browser
Tried all the above-mentioned steps, try this step may it’ll help you. Most of the users use google chrome browser as their default browser, if your default browser is google chrome then change your web browser. Try to use Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Some users reported that they managed to fix twitch error code 2000 by using Mozilla Firefox.
Twitch Desktop Application
If nothing worked for you, then try to install the desktop application of Twitch. You can download the twitch application according to your operating systems from here. After downloading the twitch application, install it on your desktop. After installing you can enjoy your favorite stream on twitch application without facing error code 2000.
If you’ve any suggestion or any other fix to this error 2000 then you can let us know from the comment box. Before going check our post on what can you do to fix twitch error code 5000.