Recently updated on January 2nd, 2023 at 05:13 am
TCL is one of the best Smart TV currently available in the market. But it has its share of issues and one of them is audio issues.
For some TCL Roku TV or TCL TV owners are getting the sound in the menu but not while playing a show.
Some users are getting sound neither on the menu screen nor while playing a show or movie.
Mostly this can happen because of faulty TCL Roku TV settings or because of hardware problems.
Today in this post we’ve gathered some of the working fixes that helped users in fixing the TCL TV sound not working issue.
How to fix TCL TV No Sound?
You can fix the TCL TV no sound by adjusting your TVs audio settings. To do so, head to the Settings of your TCL TV, then navigate to the Audio option, and select Audio mode. After that select Auto (Stereo) and, then press OK to confirm the changes.
Before starting with troubleshooting let’s eliminate the obvious ones.
- Make sure that the audio on your TCL Roku TV is not at 0.
- Also, make sure that your TV is not muted.
- Another thing you need to check is that the cables are securely connected to the right source/port. Also, ensure that the cables are not broken.
Restart Your TCL Roku TV
Many users suggested that restarting the TCL Roku TV fixed the sound problem on their TCL TV. Restarting your TCL Roku TV will clear any technical. This will fix the audio problem on your TCL Roku TV.
You need to press the following button combination for clearing cache and restarting your TCL Roku TV.
- Press the Home button on your TCL Roku TV remote 5 times.
- Now, press Up button 1 time.
- Press the Rewind button 2 times, then the Fast Forward button 2 times.
Now your TCL Roku TV will restart in a couple of seconds. When your TCL Roku TV restarts, check if the sound is working or not.
If not, then restart your TV from system settings for fixing the TCL Roku TV sound not working.
- Press the Home button.
- Now, scroll down to select the Settings option.
- Select the System option.
- Now, select the Power option.
- Now, select System restart, then choose Restart.
When the restart is complete, check if you’re able to hear sound from TCL TV or not.
Also, check: Disney plus not working on Samsung TV fixed
Power Cycle/Hard Reset TCL Roku TV
If your sound on TCL Roku TV is delaying, choppy, or if you are not hearing any sound from TCL TV. Then this power cycle process will fix the TCL no sound problem on your TV. Follow the steps below-
- Unplug your TCL Roku TV from the power socket.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug in your TCL TV and turn it on.
Now, check if the sound is working on your TCL TV or not.
Change Audio Settings and Audio Mode
Many users reported that changing audio mode and making other changes in the audio setting fixed no sound problem on their TCL Roku TV. You can make changes in your TCL TV audio settings for fixing no sound issues.
Change Audio Mode
- Navigate to the Settings on your TCL Roku TV.
- Now, select the Audio option.
- Select S/PDIF and ARC.
- Now, set it to (auto-detect). If that doesn’t fix, then try other audio modes to see which audio mode fixes the issue for you. (You can try PCM-stereo).
Turn Off Volume Leveling
- Press the * button on your TCL TV remote.
- Now, scroll down to Volume mode and set it to Off.
- Now, check if the sound is working or not on your TCL Roku TV.
Note: Make sure that speakers in audio settings are set to TV speakers. To check this, go to Settings > Audio > select Speakers and, then set it to TV Speakers.
Also, check: Fix Vizio TV keeps turning on and off.
Software Update Your TCL Roku TV
Updating your TCL TV firmware to its latest version can help you in fixing TCL TV with no sound problem. You need to update your TCL Roku TV software by following the steps below;
- Navigate to the Home screen and select the Settings option.
- Now, select System.
- Select System update.
- Now, select Check now and if there’s an update available, then download and install it on your Roku device.
When the update is complete, check if you’re able to get sound through your TCL Roku TV.
Reset TV Audio/Picture Settings
Many users suggested that resetting the audio/video setting helped them in fixing no audio issue on their TCL Roku TV. You can follow the steps below for resetting the audio/picture setting on your TCL Roku TV.
- From the Home screen, select Settings.
- Now, select System.
- Now, choose System advanced settings.
- Select the Factory reset option.
- Now, select Reset tv audio/pictures settings.
- Press the Play/Pause button 3 times for resetting audio/pictures settings.
Now, check if the TCL TV no sound problem is fixed on your TCL TV or not.
Also, check: Fix LG TV turn on but no picture but has sound.
Reset TCL TV to Factory Settings
Resetting your TCL Roku TV will bring your TV to its factory default state. This can help in fixing most of the technical glitches or problems on your TCL TV.
But note that you might lose all the custom settings and downloads from your TCL Roku TV after a factory reset.
- Press the Home button and select the System option.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Now, scroll down and select Advanced system settings.
- Now, select the Factory reset option.
- Select Factory reset everything.
- Enter the code appearing on your screen to complete the factory reset process.
- After resetting, set up your TCL Roku TV.
In case, your TVs remote isn’t working and you’re wondering how to reset TCL TV, then head to the following steps;
How to Factory reset TCL TV without remote?
Resetting the TCL TV without a remote is a bit tricky. The first step is to find the reset button at the back of the TV. Then follow the steps given below.
- Turn on your TCL TV.
- Take a paper clip or toothpick.
- Press and hold the Reset button (using the paper clip or toothpick) at the back of the TV.
- Hold down the button until the TV reboots.
Now TCL TV no sound problem is fixed on your TV.
If you’re still getting no sound from TCL TV, then this can be because of a hardware problem. In this case, you need to contact TCL TV for help. You can also check our post on how to fix the TCL Roku TV black screen issue.