Tcl is one of the best smart tv currently available in the market. But it has its share of issues and one of them is audio issues. For some Tcl roku tv or Tcl tv owners are getting the sound in the menu but not while playing a show. Some users are getting sound neither on the menu screen nor while playing a show or movie. Mostly this can happen because of faulty Tcl roku tv settings or because of hardware problems. Today in this post we’ve gathered some of the working fixes that helped users in fixing the Tcl tv sound not working issue.
But before starting with troubleshooting let’s eliminate the obvious ones.
- Make sure that the audio on your Tcl roku tv is not at 0.
- Also make sure that your tv is not muted.
Restart Your TCL Roku TV
Many users suggested that restarting the Tcl roku tv fixed the sound problem on their Tcl tv. Restarting your Tcl roku tv will clear any technical. This will fix the audio problem on your Tcl roku tv. You need to press the following button combination for clearing cache and restarting your Tcl roku tv.
- Press the home button on your Tcl roku tv 5 times.
- Now press up 1 time.
- Press the rewind button 2 times then the fast forward button 2 times.
Now your Tcl roku tv will restart in a couple of seconds. When you Tcl roku tv restart check if the sound is working or not. If not then restart your tv from system settings for fixing the Tcl roku tv sound not working.
- Press the home button.
- Now scroll down to select the settings option.
- Select the system option.
- Now select the power option.
- Now select system restart then choose restart.
When the restart is complete check if you’re able to hear sound from Tcl tv or not.
Also check: Disney plus not working on samsung tv fixed
Power Cycle/Hard Reset Tcl Rok TV
If your sound on Tcl roku tv is delaying, choppy, or if you are not hearing any sound from Tcl tv. Then this power cycle process will fix the Tcl no sound problem on your tv. Follow the steps below-
- Unplug your Tcl roku tv from the power socket.
- Now wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug in your Tcl tv and turn it on.
Now check if the sound is working on your Tcl tv or not.
Change Audio Settings and Audio Mode
Many users reported that changing audio mode and making other changes in the audio setting fixed no sound problem on their Tcl roku tv. You can make changes in your Tcl tv audio settings for fixing no sound issues.
Change Audio Mode
- Go to settings on your Tcl roku tv.
- Now select the audio option.
- Select S/PDIF and ARC.
- Now set it to (auto-detect) if that doesn’t fix then try other audio modes to see which audio mode fixes the issue for you. (You can try PCM-stereo)
Turn off Volume Leveling
- Press the * button on your Tcl tv remote.
- Now scroll down to volume mode and set it to off.
- Now check if the sound is working or not on your Tcl roku tv.
Note: Make sure that speakers in audio settings are set to tv speakers. To check this go to settings then audio then select speakers and set it to tv speakers.
Also check: Fix vizio tv keeps turning on and off
Software Update Your TCL Roku TV
Updating your Tcl tv firmware to its latest version can help you in fixing Tcl tv with no sound problem. You need to update your Tcl roku tv software by following the steps below.
- Go home and select the settings option.
- Now select the system.
- Select system update.
- Now select check now and if there’s an update available download and install it on your roku device.
When the update is complete check if you’re able to get sound through your Tcl roku tv.
Reset TV Audio/Picture Settings
Many users suggested that resetting the audio/video setting helped them in fixing no audio issue on their Tcl roku tv. You can follow the steps below for resetting the audio/picture setting on your Tcl roku tv.
- From the home screen select settings.
- Now select the system.
- Now choose system advanced settings.
- Select the factory reset option.
- Now select Reset tv audio/pictures settings.
- Press the play/pause button 3 times for resetting audio/pictures settings.
Now check if the Tcl tv no sound problem is fixed on your Tcl tv or not.
Also check: Fix Lg tv turn on but no picture but has sound
Reset Tcl TV to Factory Settings
Resetting your Tcl roku tv will bring your tv to its factory default state. This can help in fixing most of the technical glitches or problems on your Tcl tv. But note that you might lose all the custom settings and downloads from your Tcl roku tv after a factory reset.
- Press the home button and select the system option.
- Scroll down and select the system.
- Now scroll down and select Advanced system settings.
- Now select the factory reset option.
- Select factory reset everything.
- Enter the code shown on your screen to complete the factory reset process.
- After factory reset set up your Tcl roku tv.
Now Tcl tv no sound problem is fixed on your tv.
If you’re still getting no sound from Tcl tv, then this can be because of a hardware problem. In this case, you need to contact Tcl tv for help. You can also check our post on how to fix the Tcl roku tv black screen issue.