If you’re wondering why you’re TCL tv is showing headphones icon when no headphone is connected, then you’re at the right place. In this post, we’re going to explain what causes your TCL tv to get stuck in the headphone mode and how you can fix it.
You can see a headphone connected icon on your TCL tv due to a technical glitch or a hardware issue. Sometimes when you unplug your headphones from the TCL tv, the TCL tv doesn’t realize that nothing is plugged in. Because of this issue, your TCL tv gets stuck in the headphone mode. You can also face this issue because of a hardware issue (if the port is damaged). You can follow the steps below to fix the TCL tv stuck in headphone mode.
How Do I Get My TCL Roku Out of Headphone Mode?
Restart Your TCL Tv
Before continuing with troubleshooting steps first try to restart the TCL tv by following the steps below. Turn off your TCL tv and unplug everything from your TCL tv. Now unplug the TCL tv from the power socket. Wait for 5-10 minutes. Now Turn on your TCL tv and check if you’re still stuck in headphone mode or not. Restarting your tv can help in rectifying any software glitches on your TCL tv. This can you in turning off the headphone mode on your TCL tv.
Clear Cache and Restart TCL Roku TV
Clearing cache and restarting your Roku tv can help you in disabling the headphone mode on your TCL tv. Some of the affected users fixed this issue by clearing the cache on their Roku tv. Follow the steps to reset your Roku tv may it’ll help you too.
- Go to the Home Screen of Roku.
- Now, press the Home button five times then press the Upward navigation button for once then press the Left Rewind button twice, and at the end press the Right forward button twice.
- Now cache will be cleared on your TCL roku tv and your TCL tv will restart in a couple of seconds.
When your TCL restart check if the headphone mode is now turned off or not. Use your remote to unmute your tv and turn up the volume and check if you’re getting sound from your TCL tv speakers or not.
Use a Headphone Jack or RCA Cable for Disabling Headphone Mode
If after unplugging your wired speaker or headphone from the TCL tv 3.5 jack audio port you’re still getting the headphone mode icon on your tv screen. Then this means that your TCL tv is thinking that the headphone is still connected to your TCL tv. In this scenario, your TCL tv will not emit sound from the tv speakers. For fixing this problem use an earphone, headphones, or an RCA cable. Now plug in your 3.5mm headphone jack in the TCL tv audio port. Now try unplugging it again, check if you’re still stuck in the headphone mode or not. If you’re still in the headphone mode then try the whole process again.
If you don’t have an earphone or headphone jack then you can use a small paper clip, pin, screwdriver, etc. Now wiggle or rub it inside the audio plug of your TCL tv until the headphone mode icon disappears from the screen. This can fix the TCL tv stuck in headphone mode.
Remove All The Cable From TCL TV
Some users suggested that removing the HDMI cable and other cables from the TCL tv helped them in turning off the headphone plugged in mode on their TCL tv. Follow the steps below.
- Turn on your TCL tv.
- When you get the logo on your TCL tv, remove all the HDMI cables and other connected wires from the TCL tv.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes.
- Now plug in the HDMI cables.
Now check if the headphone mode is turned off on your TCL tv or not.
How Do I Get my TCL Roku TV Out of Headphone Mode? (Roku Remote App)
If you’re still getting the headphone plugged-in icon on your TCL roku tv, then try using the roku tv remote app. Some users suggested then using the roku remote app helped them in turning off the headphone mode on their TCL tv
- Go to the play store or app store and install the roku remote app.
- Now pair the app with your TCL roku tv.
- Now tap on the speaker icon on the TCL roku tv remote app.
After following these steps you’ll be able to turn off speaker mode on your TCL roku tv.
Turn on Tv Speakers
Try turning on the TCL tv speakers from the TCL roku tv settings by following the steps below to fix the TCL tv stuck in headphone mode.
- Go to the Roku Home Screen.
- Now, search for Settings from the list.
- Next, locate the Audio option and go to Speakers.
- Select Tv Speakers to turn on the Tv speakers. If Tv Speakers are already selected then for once select off and then switch to tv speakers.
- Check and If this doesn’t work for you try out the next step.
Reset Tv Audio/Picture Settings
Using Roku’s virtual app doesn’t help you at all, try to reset tv audio settings. Resetting tv audio settings will reset the settings to the default and it can help you in getting rid of TCL tv stuck in headphone mode issue.
- Grab your Roku remote and press the home button.
- And, go to the settings.
- Now, locate the System option from the list.
- Go to Advanced system settings and navigate to the Reset Tv audio settings.
- Now you have to follow the on-screen prompts or press the Play/Pause button 3 times. Your audio and picture settings will reset.
- Lastly, Restart your Tv and check whether the headphone icon is still there or not.
Contact support care
Follow all the given steps at least twice, users reported that they were not able to fix this issue on the first try but they fixed this issue after the 2nd attempt. These all are possible steps that can help you to overcome this headphone stuck issue. If you want to share something with us then do share.
If this post helped you then also check our post on how to fix vizio tv keeps turning off and on.