Many users visit the square Enix site to purchase items or renew their subscriptions online. But recently many users are getting an error (-24202) when they try to make payment through the Square Enix website. In this situation sometimes users amount is deducted from the card and then they come across this error on their screen. There are many reasons for this payment error on square Enix which are mentioned below:
- Browser issue
- Your browsers are blocking square Enix cookies
- Corrupted browser cookies and cache
- Antivirus is blocking the payment
- Browser’s extension
- Location-related issue
So these are some o the known reasons behind the square Enix error (-24202). To fix this issue you can follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Enable Cookies on Chrome During Payment
Sometimes chrome blocks the cookies of some websites, this can results in such issues on your browser. To enable cookies follow the steps below:
- Click on the three dots from the top right side of the chrome browser.
- Now click on the Settings option from the list.
- Now from the option available on the left side click on privacy and security.
- Click on the cookies and site data option.
- Now click on the allow all cookies button.
- Now try making your payment again.
- When the payment completes go back to the browser setting and go to the cookies section by following the steps above.
- Now select Block cookies in incognito mode for secure and cookie-free browsing in incognito mode.
If you’re still getting the error (-24202) on your browser then try following the other troubleshooting steps below.
Related: Error code: i2501
Try Different Browser
If you’re still getting the error code (-24202) on your browser, then it might be an issue with your browser. In this scenario, you can try using a different browser to complete your payment on the square Enix website. You can use other browsers like firefox, safari, opera, chrome, brave, etc to make your payment. If you’re still getting the issue try making the payment using a mobile device (your phone). Make people have reported that they were able to eliminate error (-24202) by making their payment through a mobile device.
Remove extensions or ad-blocker from browser
Many people have reported that they were able to fix this error (-24202) by removing the extension like ghostery, ad-blocker from their browser. To remove the extension on your browser follow the steps below:
- Click on three dots from the top right sight of the screen.
- Hover over more tools option and click on extensions or simply copy and search chrome://extensions/ from the URL box.
- Now try removing the extension from your browser by clicking on the remove button.
- Open Firefox and click on the gear icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Click on extensions and theme from the bottom left side.
- In the manage your extensions section click on the three dots next to extension and click on the remove button.
After removing the extension from your browser check if you’re able to complete payment on the square Enix website.
Also check: Discord RTC Connecting Error
Location issue or VPN
If you’re not making payment from the location where your account was created then you can come across the error (-24202) on the square Enix website. To fix this issue you can try using a VPN to connect to the location where your account was created. After creating the location you can make a payment without facing the error -24202 on your device.
If you’re using a VPN and you’re from the right location then disable your VPN. After disabling VPN try making the payment you’ll most probably not get the error -24202 on your device.
Note: If you’re using an antivirus then try disabling the antivirus while making payment. After disabling antivirus check if you’re able to make a payment without error -24202 on your device.
Try Clearing Browser Cache
Sometimes the stored cache and cookies on your browser can cause such issues on your browser. Clearing the browser’s temporary data can sometimes fix the square Enix error (-24202) on your device.
- Press the ctrl+shit+delete button on your keyboard to open browser settings.
- Click on the advanced tab, in time range select all time and click on clear data button.
- When the cache is cleared check if you’re able to make the payment on the square Enix browser.
- Type and search about:preferences#home from the URL box.
- Click on the privacy and settings option
- Scroll down to the cookies and site data section click on the clear data button.
- To confirm again click on the clear option.
After clearing browser cache and cookies check if you’re still getting the square Enix error (-24202) on your browser.
Contact Square Enix
If you’re still getting the error (-24202) after trying all the above steps then try contacting the square enix team for help. The team at square enix can help you in resolving the error code (-24202) while making payment on square enix.
If you’ve any other fix for this issue let us know from the comment box and also check how you can fix Epic Games Launcher Not Working.