On Spotify community forums many users have posted that their Spotify application is not responding on their pc. They’ve tried many things and tricks but nothing fixes the issue on their laptop or desktop. If you’re also facing the Spotify app not responding on your pc then don’t worry you’re not alone. In this post, we are some working tricks and tips to fix the Spotify app not opening on your pc.
Restart Your Desktop/ Laptop
Sometimes a temporary bug or glitch on your pc can cause the app to not work properly. If this is the case then you can face the Spotify app not responding on your pc. Fortunately most of the time a simple restart of your pc can fix these types of glitches. So restart your pc and check if you’re still facing Spotify not opening an issue on your PC. If you’re still facing the issue then follow the steps below.
End the Spotify Processes in Task Manager
This trick works like a charm to fix the Spotify app not opening or responding to yours. When the Spotify process is running in the background then you can face a not responding issue on your PC. Follow the steps below to close the Spotify background processes:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select task manager or you can press ctrl + shift + Esc to open task manager.
- Now click on more details
- In the process tab search for Spotify processes.
- Now right click on the Spotify process and click on the end task. If there are more than one process then right-click on every one of them one by one and click the end task for each process.
- Now restart your pc
After the restart, you’ll be able to use Spotify without facing any issues.
Temporarily Disable Internet Connection
This is a temporary solution but it works for many laptops and desktops. If you’ve already clicked Spotify several times then follow the above steps to end the Spotify background process. Now disconnect your laptop and desktop from the internet. Right click on the Spotify icon and click on run as administrator or you can simply double click the Spotify icon to open it. Now you’ll be open Spotify without facing a not responding issue on your pc. Connect your pc to the internet and enjoy Spotify.
Related: Spotify Keeps Pausing Fixed
Reinstall the Spotify app
If none of the above steps helps in fixing the Spotify not responding on your pc. Then you can perform a clean installation of the Spotify application on your pc. A clean installation of the Spotify app will most likely fix the issue on your PC. Follow the steps below to do a completely clean reinstallation of the Spotify application.
- Press Windows + I button from the keyboard to open windows settings.
- Now click on apps
- Click on apps and features and from the list click on Spotify
- Now click on the uninstall button.
- After uninstalling Spotify application press windows + r to open run
- Type %appdata% and hit enter
- Now delete every folder related to Spotify and restart your pc.
- Go to Spotify and download the latest version of Spotify and install it on your pc.
After the clean installation of the Spotify app, you’ll not face the Spotify app not responding on your pc.
Also check: Fix Pandora error code 3007
Add Spotify to Firewall Exclusion
Sometimes firewall can Spotify from working properly. In this scenario, you can add the Spotify folder into the firewall exclusion list to allow Spotify to work properly on your pc. To add Spotify to firewall exclusion follow the steps below:
- Type windows security from the bottom left side of the search option and open it.
- From the left side of the screen type virus and threat protection.
- Now click on the manage setting in the virus and threat protection section.
- Scroll down to the bottom and in the exclusion, section click on add and remove exclusions
- Now click on the add and exclusion button and click on the folder.
- Now search and add the Spotify folder to the exclusion.
After allowing Spotify through the firewall you’ll not face the Spotify app not responding on your pc.
Conclusion: You can easily fix Spotify app not responding by ending the Spotify background processes. You can also disconnect internet while launching Spotify which fixes the issue.
If you’ve any suggestions let us know the comment box and also check how to delete Spotify account permanently