On Spotify community forums many users have posted that their Spotify application is not responding on their pc. They’ve tried many things and tricks but nothing fixes the issue on their laptop or desktop. If you’re also facing the Spotify app not responding on your pc then don’t worry you’re not alone. In this post, we are some working tricks and tips to fix the Spotify app not opening on your pc.
Restart Your Desktop/ Laptop
Sometimes a temporary bug or glitch on your pc can cause the app to not work properly. If this is the case then you can face the Spotify app not responding on your pc. Fortunately most of the time a simple restart of your pc can fix these types of glitches. So restart your pc and check if you’re still facing Spotify not opening an issue on your PC. If you’re still facing the issue then follow the steps below.
If your Spotify isn’t responding or working properly then, there are some possibilities that your Spotify’s encountering a loading issue. So, try to restart your Spotify and check if works for you. Follow the given steps to restart the Spotify.
How do I restart my Spotify?
- First of all, take exit from the Spotify.
- After that, clear the recent apps section (on smartphone).
- Wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Now, launch the Spotify app again.
End the Spotify Processes in Task Manager on Windows
This trick works like a charm to fix the Spotify app not opening or responding to yours. When the Spotify process is running in the background then you can face a not responding issue on your PC. Follow the steps below to close the Spotify background processes:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select task manager or you can press ctrl + shift + Esc to open task manager.
- Now click on more details
- In the process tab search for Spotify processes.
- Now right click on the Spotify process and click on the end task. If there are more than one process then right-click on every one of them one by one and click the end task for each process.
- Now restart your pc
After the restart, you’ll be able to use Spotify without facing any issues.
Temporarily Disable Internet Connection
This is a temporary solution but it works for many laptops and desktops. If you’ve already clicked Spotify several times then follow the above steps to end the Spotify background process. Now disconnect your laptop and desktop from the internet. Right click on the Spotify icon and click on run as administrator or you can simply double click the Spotify icon to open it. Now you’ll be open Spotify without facing a not responding issue on your pc. Connect your pc to the internet and enjoy Spotify.
Related: Spotify Keeps Pausing Fixed
Clear Spotify Cache Android App
If you are encountering Spotify not responding on an android device, so clearing the cache on your android device might fix your problem.
How do I clear Spotify cache in android device?
- On Spotify app go to the settings.
- Find the settings, and scroll to the Apps and notifications.
- Now, locate and tap on Spotify.
- Then, tap on Clear cache.
Lastly, launch the Spotify app and check if this woks.
Reinstall the Spotify app
If none of the above steps helps in fixing the Spotify not responding on your pc. Then you can perform a clean installation of the Spotify application on your pc. A clean installation of the Spotify app will most likely fix the issue on your PC. Follow the steps below to do a completely clean reinstallation of the Spotify application.
- Press Windows + I button from the keyboard to open windows settings.
- Now click on apps
- Click on apps and features and from the list click on Spotify
- Now click on the uninstall button.
- After uninstalling Spotify application press windows + r to open run
- Type %appdata% and hit enter
- Now delete every folder related to Spotify and restart your pc.
- Go to Spotify and download the latest version of Spotify and install it on your pc.
After the clean installation of the Spotify app, you’ll not face the Spotify app not responding on your pc.
Also check: Fix Pandora error code 3007
Add Spotify to Firewall Exclusion
Sometimes firewall can Spotify from working properly. In this scenario, you can add the Spotify folder into the firewall exclusion list to allow Spotify to work properly on your pc. To add Spotify to firewall exclusion follow the steps below:
- Type windows security from the bottom left side of the search option and open it.
- From the left side of the screen type virus and threat protection.
- Now click on the manage setting in the virus and threat protection section.
- Scroll down to the bottom and in the exclusion, section click on add and remove exclusions
- Now click on the add and exclusion button and click on the folder.
- Now search and add the Spotify folder to the exclusion.
After allowing Spotify through the firewall you’ll not face the Spotify app not responding on your pc.
Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Many affected users managed to fix ‘Spotify isn’t responding’ issue on their devices by disabling the hardware acceleration. Take a look at the given steps that are mentioned below,
- Open Spotify, click on username and then select settings.
- Go to the Show Advanced settings.
- Under compatibility section, toggle the slider to the left and this will disable the hardware acceleration.
You can also turn off or disable hardware acceleration on mac from the Spotify menu.
- Open Spotify menu at the top
- Disable hardware acceleration from list.
Update Spotify Application
Sometimes you may find that Spotify application not responding because you forget to update. Check whether you using the outdated version of the app then updating the newer version might fix your problem.
- First of all, head towards the Google Play Store.
- Next, tap on the profile icon and go to Manage apps & device.
- Now, tap on the Updates Available and locate Spotify from the list.
- Tap on Update.
- Once the update finished, open Spotify and try to play a song.
- Navigate to the App Store.
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Now, locate Spotify under Upcoming Automatic Updates section.
- Tap on Update.
- Once the update is done, launch Spotify and play a song.
- If there is an update available for Spotify then you will get a blue dot next to the down arrow in the upper right corner.
- Click on Update Available. Restart now.
Conclusion: You can easily fix Spotify app not responding by ending the Spotify background processes. You can also disconnect internet while launching Spotify which fixes the issue.
If you’ve any suggestions let us know the comment box and also check how to delete Spotify account permanently