Many iPhone users are facing the Spotify application crashing issue on their devices. Many people have reported this issue to Spotify through their forum. Spotify application crashes with a message “Spotify has stopped working” when a user tries to launch the application and while playing music. Sometimes it crashes and restarts from the start of the song and sometimes it doesn’t open and simply closes while opening. Some users are also getting this issue after updating their device software. The most common reason for the application to randomly crash is the power-saving mode, corrupted cache, etc. Spotify application can also crash if your internet connection is not working properly. Don’t worry there are some known working steps to fix Spotify crashing issue on iPhone.
How do I Fix Spotify App Keeps Crashing on iPhone?
Close Spotify and Restart :
The very first step to fix this issue is, you need to follow the basic step. Follow the steps given below and try to fix the issue.
Close Spotify :
- Using iPhone X and 11 series, then to close the Spotify application you need to swipe from the bottom of your iPhone Home Screen and then leave the app on the middle of the screen. (Use the Home button, users who are not using X series and 11 series iPhones).
- And, swipe Up. If there are other apps open then close them as well.
- Press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” option appears.
- Once it comes, slide the slider to the right and your iPhone will turn off.
- Now, wait for 8-10 seconds and turn on your iPhone by long-pressing the power button and release the button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
- Once your iPhone is turned on, enter your password (if any), and try to open and play some music from Spotify for some time and check whether the error is gone or not.
Tips: If Spotify app is crashing while opening then turn on the airplane mode and then launch Spotify application. Your Spotify application will not crash and when it is opened properly then turn off the airplane mode and then login to your account.
Turn on App Background Refresh
If the background app refresh is turned off then the cache and data of the application don’t refresh automatically in the background. This can cause the Spotify application to crash on your iPhone. To turn it on follow the steps below:
- Tap on the setting option.
- Scroll down and tap on the general icon.
- Scroll down and tap on the background app refresh.
- Now toggle it on, now turn off the background app refresh for every application except Spotify.
Now check if the Spotify application is crashing on your iPhone or not. If Spotify is still crashing then you can try turning off the power-saving mode.
Turn off low power mode to Fix spotify crashing
If the power saver options are on then it will force the application to use fewer resources in the background. This can cause the Spotify application to close and crash randomly while playing music. To turn it off you need to follow the steps below.
- Tap on the Settings option on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the battery option.
- Now tap on the toggle to turn off the low power mode.
After turning off the low power mode check if you’re able to use the Spotify application or not.
Verify your Internet connection.
Most people use wifi for good internet connectivity but sometimes users have to face low internet speed and some other network-related problems and these types of network-related problems can lead to this type of issue on spoitfy. To overcome this crashing problem you need to verify that your internet connection is working properly or not. Try to use some other online music streaming app like YouTube. If YouTube also displays network-related error codes then you need to call your ISP or try to connect with another network.
Update Spotify Application
If your internet connection is working fine and still Spotify crashing then try to update your Spotify application. To update Spotify follow the steps given below;
- Open App Store on your iPhone.
- Then, go to your profile (on the top-right corner).
- Go to Upcoming Automatic Updates and locate Spotify in the list.
- Update your Spotify application (if there’s any update rolled out by Spotify ltd.)
- You can search Spotify in the App Store search bar
- And you can update Spotify from there as well.
Uninstall/Reinstall Spotify Application
Tried above-mentioned steps but still facing the issue then it’s time to apply uninstall/reinstall step, To uninstall Spotify from your iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Go to the Spotify application
- And do a single long tap on Spotify, after a few seconds Spotify icon will start jiggling and a cross “x” sign will appear on the Spotify icon.
- Tap on it and your Spotify application will be deleted.
- Go to Settings > General.
- Then, Go to iPhone storage and locate Spotify from the list
- And, Tap on the Delete.
- Now Turn off your iPhone for about a minute or two.
- Now turn it on again.
- Go to the app store and download and install the Spotify application on your iPhone.
After performing these steps you’ll most likely face a crashing issue with your Spotify app.
Reset your iPhone Network Settings
One of my cousin brothers was also facing the same crashing issue but he managed to fix this issue by resetting the network settings of his iPhone, hope this will work the same for you guys;
- Open Settings > General.
- Then, Go to the Reset (2nd last option in the list).
- Go to “Reset Network Settings” and enter your passcode (if any), a confirmation message will pop-up on the screen “This will delete all network settings, returning them to factory settings”.
- Tap on Reset.
- After this, Reboot/Restart your iPhone.
Once it’s done, try to open Spotify and check whether the error is gone or not.
Also check: Fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 on iPhone
Reset All Settings of your iPhone
Resetting all settings can help you in fixing this issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset all settings;
- Go to Settings > General.
- Tap “Reset” the second last option from the list.
- Then, tap “Reset all settings” the very first option. Enter your passcode (if any) and a confirmation message will appear “This will reset all settings. No Data or media will be deleted”.
- Tap on “Reset”
- Now all of your settings will reset and now you have to reboot/restart your iPhone.
- Lastly, Open Spotify and check whether the error is fixed or persists.
Also check: Your pandora session timed out
*If Nothing worked you? Then there are one more steps to fix this Spotify crashing issue/error, Follow these two steps and try to fix your error.
Clear some Storage Space from your iPhone: Maybe your iPhone doesn’t have much storage or you filled up all of your iPhone storage, and storage plays a very important role on Apple devices. So try to clear some storage from your device by following ways;
- Open your iPhone Settings > go to General.
- Tap on iPhone storage. If all your Storage is used then try to delete some Non-useful apps, files, movies. Free up at least 1GB of space.
After maintaining 1GB free space, check whether the error/issue is fixed or not. Let us know which fix worked for you from the comment box and also check how to delete spotify account.