So you booted your vizio tv and now you’re watching smartcast is starting up from last few minutes. Don’t know how to fix the smartcast starting up the issue, then you’re at the right place. Like other smart tv vizio also faces some error here and there. The reason for this issue is mostly connection issues, weak internet connection, a temporary bug, or misconfigured DHCP settings. Below are some of the working steps which helped many users or vizio tv to fix smartcast stuck on starting up screen. You can follow them and eliminate this issue on your vizio tv.
How do you fix smartcast is starting up please wait?
If you’re also wondering how to go past the smartcast starting up screen, then don’t worry follow these steps mentioned below
Soft Power Cycle Your Vizio Tv
Soft power cycling your vizio tv will get you past the smartcast is starting up screen. If you don’t know how to soft power cycle your smart tv then follow the steps below:
- Press the menu button on your vizio remote.
- Now scroll down and select the system option by pressing the ok button on your vizio remote.
- Again scroll down and select Reset & Admin option.
- Now select the soft power cycle option and select ok in the confirmation popup to soft power cycle your vizio tv.
After soft power cycling your vizio tv you’ll get past the smartcast starting up screen. If you’re still getting the issue follow the other troubleshooting steps below.
Note: Make sure your wifi is working properly. To check this you can use your other devices like your smartphone or laptop. To test your internet speed go to the speed test.
Also check: Fix Netflix error code ui-800-3
Toggle on and off DHCP setting on your vizio tv
Turning on or off the DHCP setting on their vizio tv. To make changes to DHCP on your vizio tv follow the steps below:
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Now scroll down and select the network option.
- Now select the manual setup option.
- Here if your DHCP is off turn it on and if it is on then turn it off and then turn it on.
- Go back to the network and connect your vizio to your wifi.
- Now check if you’re able to past the smartcast starting up screen. (Sometime this might take time so wait for 5-10 minutes)
Use Wired Connection
If the above steps didn’t help you then you can try a wired connection. Sometimes using vizio over wifi doesn’t help in fixing smartcast is starting up issue. It may be because of some miscommunication between your wifi and your tv while establishing a connection. This can lead to issues like smartcast is starting up or smartcast home not available. Also, many users have reported that they were able to get past smartcast is starting up the screen by connecting their tv directly to their router over ethernet. You can also try connecting your vizio tv to wifi with the help of ethernet cable to fix starting up please wait for the issue on your vizio tv.
Power cycle your vizio tv and your network device
You can try power cycle your vizio tv and your router to eliminate any temporary bug on your device. To power a power cycle of your device follow the steps below:
- Shut down your tv and unplug it from the power socket.
- Now unplug your router from the power socket.
- After 1-2 minutes plug in your devices and turn them on.
- Connect your vizio tv to wifi.
After performing the power cycle check if you’re still getting the error.
Also check: Fix roku error code 016
Factory Reset Vizio Tv
If none of the above steps helped you then your last hope is to factory reset your vizio tv. Factory resetting your vizio tv will restore your tv to its factory default settings. Follow the steps below to factory reset vizio tv.
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Now select system and now scroll down and select reset & admin option.
- Now select reset your tv to the factory setting.
After resetting your vizio tv you’ll not face a smartcast starting up error on your vizio. If the issue persists then you need to contact the vizio team for help. Also check what to do when you face roku error code 014.40.