Recently updated on July 21st, 2022 at 01:10 am
So you booted your vizio tv and now you’re watching smartcast is starting up from last few minutes. Don’t know how to fix the smartcast starting up the issue, then you’re at the right place. Like other smart tv vizio also faces some error here and there. The reason for this issue is mostly connection issues, weak internet connection, a temporary bug, or misconfigured DHCP settings. Below are some of the working steps which helped many users or vizio tv to fix smartcast stuck on starting up screen. You can follow them and eliminate this issue on your vizio tv.
How do you fix vizio tv keeps going to smartcast is starting up please wait?
If you’re also wondering how to go past the smartcast starting up screen, then don’t worry follow these steps mentioned below
Soft Power Cycle Your Vizio Tv
Soft power cycling your vizio tv will get you past the smartcast is starting up screen. If you don’t know how to soft power cycle your smart tv then follow the steps below:
- Press the menu button on your vizio remote.
- Now scroll down and select the system option by pressing the ok button on your vizio remote.
- Again scroll down and select Reset & Admin option.
- Now select the soft power cycle option and select ok in the confirmation popup to soft power cycle your vizio tv.
After soft power cycling your vizio tv you’ll get past the smartcast starting up screen. If you’re still getting the issue follow the other troubleshooting steps below.
Note: Make sure your wifi is working properly. To check this you can use your other devices like your smartphone or laptop. To test your internet speed go to the speed test.
Also check: Fix Netflix error code ui-800-3
Toggle On and Off DHCP Setting on Your Vizio TV
Turning on or off the DHCP setting on their vizio tv. To make changes to DHCP on your vizio tv follow the steps below:
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Now scroll down and select the network option.
- Now select the manual setup option.
- Here if your DHCP is off turn it on and if it is on then turn it off and then turn it on.
- Go back to the network and connect your vizio to your wifi.
- Now check if you’re able to past the smartcast starting up screen. (Sometime this might take time so wait for 5-10 minutes)
Connect With Another Network
If you’re still facing the issue and none of the above-mentioned steps worked for you then try to connect your tv with another network because sometimes the ISP’s use some methods and techniques to control the web traffic to assure safety. And, while doing this practice ISP’s block some services that are required to operate your tv with the internet. So, if you want to check that your services are blocked or not then you should simply connect your tv with the other network,
- You can connect your tv with your mobile’s hotspot or some other available network. And, once your tv gets connected to the Internet.
- Perform a reboot and check if your tv is working or not.
Fix Vizio TV Keeps Changing Input to Smartcast
There’s one more way to fix this issue out and for that, you just have to follow the mentioned steps:
- Grab your Vizio tv remote or controller and locate the Input selection controls.
- Now, press the input selection button to display the available inputs for your tv.
- Choose HDMI 1 from the list of the available input and,
- Now, wait until the program starts.
If you see a “No Input” signal prompt on the screen then,
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
- Go to the system option.
- Now, locate the Reset & Admin tab and select the Soft power Cycle.
Your tv will restart and check whether your tv is still sticking at Smartcast is Starting up or not.
Use Wired Connection
If the above steps didn’t help you then you can try a wired connection. Sometimes using vizio over wifi doesn’t help in fixing smartcast is starting up issue. It may be because of some miscommunication between your wifi and your tv while establishing a connection. This can lead to issues like smartcast is starting up or smartcast home not available. Also, many users have reported that they were able to get past smartcast is starting up the screen by connecting their tv directly to their router over ethernet. You can also try connecting your vizio tv to wifi with the help of ethernet cable to fix vizio tv changing input to smartcast.
Power cycle your vizio tv and your network device
You can try power cycle your vizio tv and your router to eliminate any temporary bug on your device. To power a power cycle of your device follow the steps below:
- Shut down your tv and unplug it from the power socket.
- Now unplug your router from the power socket.
- After 1-2 minutes plug in your devices and turn them on.
- Connect your vizio tv to wifi.
After performing the power cycle check if you’re still stuck on the smartcast screen or not.
Also check: Fix roku error code 016
Factory Reset Vizio Tv
If none of the above steps helped you then your last hope is to factory reset your vizio tv. Factory resetting your vizio tv will restore your tv to its factory default settings. Follow the steps below to factory reset vizio tv.
- Press the menu button on your remote.
- Now select system and now scroll down and select reset & admin option.
- Now select reset your tv to the factory setting.
Factory reset Vizio TV using the Tv buttons
- In case you don’t have a Vizio remote then go near your Vizio tv and you’ll see there are 4 buttons located on the side panel of your tv. The bottom buttons are to control the volume and input. Press both Input and volume buttons for at least 5-10 seconds until a bar comes on the top of your Tv’s screen.
- Now, press the Input (bottom) button for 5 seconds or hold the button until your tv screen goes black.
- Next, turn on your tv and follow on-screen instructions to set up your Vizio tv
After resetting your vizio tv you’ll not face a smartcast starting up error on your vizio. If the issue persists then you need to contact the vizio team for help. Also check what to do when you face roku error code 014.40.
Faqs on Vizio TV Stuck on Smartcast Starting up Screen
Bugs can be the reason why your Smartcast takes so long to start. To fix this issue you can perform a software update or factory reset to delete the bugs from your tv.
To get past the vizio tv smartcast screen, unplug your vizio tv from the power socket for 5-10 minutes. Now plug in your vizio tv and try again.