Are you also getting a black screen whenever you try to stream your favorite show on sling tv? Then don’t worry you’re not alone, this issue is faced by many sling tv owners. Mostly this issue occurs while changing the channel or while loading a video on sling tv. You can face a sling tv black screen issue because of an outdated app, network issue, or a temporary glitch. Sometimes you can also face a black screen issue on sling tv if there is an outage. To check the sling tv outage you can go to downdetector. There you’ll find if the sling tv is working or not in your area. In this post, we’ve mentioned some of the working steps to troubleshoot the sling tv black screen issue on your device.
How do I Fix Black Screen on Sling TV?
Change bandwidth settings
If your sling tv is buffering and showing a black screen again and again, then this is happening because of the bandwidth issue. If you have a slow internet connection then this can result in a sling tv black screen issue. To fix this you need to make changes to your bandwidth settings.
- Open sling tv and go to settings.
- Scroll down and select the connection.
- Now set the bandwidth to high quality
- Now check if the black screen issue is fixed on your sling tv. If not then try setting the bandwidth to medium quality.
After making changes sling tv black screen issue will be fixed on your device.
Tips: For improving internet connection you can use an ethernet cable for connection (if possible).
Related: Sling error code 4-310 fixed
Many people stated that changing the channel fixed the black screen issue on their sling tv account. So to fix this you can try changing the channel. See if the other channel is giving a black screen or not. If another channel is working properly then change your channel to the previous channel where you were getting the black screen. Now the black screen issue will be most probably fixed on your sling tv.
If this doesn’t help then log out of your account and close the sling tv app completely for few minutes. Now launch sling tv and login into your account. Try streaming and check if the black screen issue is fixed on your sling tv or not.
Power cycle your smart TVs
If you’re facing a sling tv black screen issue on your smart TVs, then doing a power cycle can help in fixing the issue. For performing a power cycle follow the steps below.
- Turn off your smart tv and unplug it from the power outlet/socket.
- Now press the power button on your smart tv for 10 seconds for discharging power.
- Unplug your router from the power socket
- Wait for 10-15 minutes. Then first plug in your router and let it turn on completely.
- Now plug in your smart tv and turn it on.
Now launch the sling tv app and check if you’re still getting a black screen issue or not. The power cycle can help you fixing the sling tv black screen issue on your roku, Samsung, firetv or any other smart TVs.
Reinstall sling tv or update sling
First of all, make sure you are using the latest version of the sling tv app on your device. If not then first update your sling tv and check if this fixes the black screen issue or not.
If you’re still getting a sling black screen problem then uninstall sling tv from your device. Restart your device and install the latest version of the sling tv application on your device. Login to your account and check if the black screen issue is fixed on your sling tv app.
Some tips you can try if you’re getting sling black screen
- Try another application: Try other streaming apps like YouTube to check if they are also getting black screen issues on your device or not. If the black screen continues then contact your device manufacturer for help.
- Try another internet connection: you can try your mobile hotspot or any other connection for streaming sling tv. In this way, you can check if you’re getting a sling tv black screen on another network or not. If you’re getting a black screen then you need to contact sling tv for help.
- Try another device: Try using your sling tv account on another device. Check if you’re still getting a black screen or not. If the problem continues then you need to contact sling for help.
Related: Fix tcl tv black screen issue
Contact Sling Tv
If none of the steps worked for you and you’re still getting sling tv black screen issue. Then you need to contact sling tv for help. The sling tv team can help you in fixing the black screen issue on your device.
If this post helped you then also check how to fix sling tv not working.