Encountering “CONNECTING YOUR APPLICATION We’re having problems connecting you. Please try again (001)” while accessing the content on Sky Go. Sky Go Error 001 is a common error message that appears on the screen of users. It usually occurs when you are trying to access content on Sky Go.
If you are looking for a way to fix the Sky Go Error 001, you have come to the right place. In this blog post, we will show you how to fix the error and get Sky Go working again.
How Do I Fix Sky Go Error 001?
To fix Sky Go Error 001, navigate to the Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall and Turn it off. On macOS, head to the System Preferences > Security & Privacy and turn off the Firewall.
Afterwards, relaunch the Sky Go, and you’ll see there’s no error code on the screen.
Reboot the Sky Go
To get past this Error 001, try rebooting your Sky Go app or website (whichever you use). To do so;
- Quit the Sky Go app or website.
- And wait for 60 seconds.
- After that, relaunch or revisit Sky Go and check if the error code persists.
If this doesn’t fix the error code, head to the following steps.
Check your internet connection.
If you’re having trouble streaming Sky Go, the first thing you should check is your internet connection.
A weak or intermittent internet connection can cause Sky Go to buffer or stall. If you’re using a wireless connection, try moving closer to your router or connecting directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable.
If you have a satellite or mobile broadband connection, ensure you’re in a good signal area. If your internet connection is strong and you’re still having trouble, try restarting your device or clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
Reboot your Streaming Device
If your streaming device is having trouble connecting to Sky Go, it can lead you to Error 001. In this case, try restarting it. This can often fix minor connection issues.
To restart your device,
- Unplug your Smart TV from the power outlet.
- And then plug it back in.
- Once it’s finished restarting, try opening Sky Go again. You may need to troubleshoot your device’s connection if the problem persists.
If you own a Sky Q box, select Settings > Enter/press 0 > 0 > 1 and, then select Reset > Reset Settings. Doing so will reset the settings and restart your box.
- Access the Restart option, select it and restart your device.
- After rebooting the device, launch Sky Go and check if this resolves the issue.
Check the server outage.
If you’re experiencing the 001 error on Sky Go, it means that there’s a problem with the server.
To fix this, you’ll need to check the server outage and see if there’s a problem with the service. To check this, visit Sky Go service status, downdetector or isitdownrightnow.
If there is, you can contact Sky Go customer support, and they’ll be able to help you fix the issue.
Clear the App Data and Reinstall Sky Go
The next thing you’ve to do is clear all the app data of Sky Go and reinstall it. Doing so will delete and remove all the corrupted files and data ( if any) that are causing Error 001.
- Head to the (C:\users|<user>\AppData\Roaming) and Delete the Sky Go folder.
- Then, press Win + I to open Settings and click on the Apps.
- After that, locate Sky Go and Uninstall it.
- After uninstalling Sky Go, download and install the Sky Go app again.
- At last, launch it to check if Error Code 001 exists or not.
- Navigate to the Applications folder and then move Sky Go to the bin/trash.
- Now, right-click on the bin icon and click on ‘Empty Bin/Trash’. Also, try searching the Sky or Sky Go to ensure that all the Sky go related folders are now deleted. If there are any, then delete them too.
- Afterwards, download and install the Sky Go app and launch it to see if this resolves the error code.
On Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Uninstall the Sky Go app and reinstall it from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- After installing the app, launch it and stream a show to see if reinstalling fixes the error code.
Update the Sky Go and Browser
There were instances where using an outdated version of Sky Go led users to such issues and errors. If you haven’t updated your Sky Go app or the browser on which you’ve been using Sky Go for a long time, then we recommend downloading the latest version of Sky Go and the browser.
If you’re using Sky Go App;
- Navigate to the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android) and search Sky Go.
- Now, tap on the Update button (if any) next to the Sky Go.
- After updating the Sky Go app, relaunch it to see if the error code persists.
If using the Sky Go website on chrome;
- Click on the three vertical dots and select Settings.
- Now, head to About Chrome.
- And chrome will start searching for updates. If there’s any, then it will be downloaded automatically.
- After installing the latest update, click on Relaunch and visit Sky Go to see if this fixes the error code.
Update your Device
If you are still facing Error 001, then there is a high probability that your streaming device needs an update.
In order to resolve Error 001, you need to update your streaming device to the latest version.
However, before you proceed with the update, it is recommended that you take a backup of your device so that you can restore it if something goes wrong during the process.
Once you have taken a backup, you can proceed with the update process. To do this,
- Connect your device to the internet and then head to the System Update section.
- If there is an update available, then you need to follow the prompts to download and install the update.
- After the process is completed, restart your device and then try relaunching Sky Go. This time, you should not face any issues.
Contact Sky Go Support
It seems like the steps we’ve instructed in this post didn’t help you in fixing Error Code 001. If so, we suggest you contacting the Sky Go Customer Support and ask them to assist you in resolving the Error you’re experiencing.
More Helpful Guides;