Recently updated on August 18th, 2022 at 10:59 am
Getting a black screen on your sharp tv is one of the most annoying issues. You can face a “Sharp TV black screen of death” or “Sharp TV no picture but the sound is working anytime”. Some users are getting blue light after turning on the sharp tv, but the screen is still black. You can get no picture on your smart tv because of a technical glitch, faulty update, or hardware failure.
Today in this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix a “Sharp TV black screen with no sound”, “Sharp black screen tv with sound”, “Sharp tv black screen blue light on”, and “how you can reset your sharp tv with a black screen but sound”.
Why does my Sharp TV screen keep going black?
There can be several reasons that can cause black screen issues on your Sharp TV. Below, we’ve listed some of the probable reasons;
- Your Sharp TV is running with a bug or glitch.
- Cable Connections are not securely connected.
- Faulty or damaged cables.
- Due to a Hardware issue, you may encounter a black screen on your Sharp TV.
How Do You Fix a Black Screen No Sound on Sharp TV?
This is the very first step and simple solution to rid of the sharp tv black screen of death. Many sharp tv users were able to fix it; if you also want to fix the black screen, then all you need to do is restart your tv by following the steps below;
- Turn off your Tv using the power button on your remote and wait for 15-30seconds; once the waiting time elapses, turn it on again.
- If this doesn’t fix the black screen, keep your tv on and unplug the power cord from the power outlet; now, wait for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, plug the power cord into the power outlet, turn your tv on, and check whether this works for you.
There are some instances where your sharp tv won’t turn on. This is sometimes different from the sharp tv black screen problem. You can check our post here to learn how you can fix sharp tv not turning on and showing a black screen.
Check Your Sharp TV Remote
Tried restarting the tv, but that doesn’t work for you. Well, it’s better to check whether your remote is working. To check this,
- Grab your smartphone and open the camera.
- Now, put the remote indicator in front of the camera and press any key on your remote.
- If the light starts flashing means your TV remote is in working condition.
If it’s not, then maybe your remote batteries run out of charge, or it needs a replacement. So all you have to do is replace the old batteries with a set of new batteries.
Now, follow the above steps again to check if your remote starts working or not and if it starts working, press the power key and restart the tv. Select the right Source and check whether your TV is back in the right condition or not.
Also, check: Fix hulu black screen issue.
How to Hard Reset Sharp TV With Black Screen?
Changing the batteries didn’t work? Try to hard reset your tv and resolve your black screen issue. Many users reported that they were able to fix this issue by resetting their tv, so if you want to fix this issue, then follow the steps given below;
- Ensure your Sharp TV is turned on, then unplug the power cord from the socket.
- Now press and hold the physical power button on your tv for about 30 seconds; this will drain out all the remaining power on your tv.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Then plug the cord back into the socket and turn on the tv.
Now check if you can get the picture on your sharp tv or not.
Check Sharp Tv Wires
Still not able to fix the black screen on TV, then there’s some issue with the cables and wires of your tv. So, look at the back of your tv and check that all the cables connected to the tv are properly connected at their desired given ports. And, if you found any loose or half-connected cable or wire, then put them back in the port.
Once you check all cables and wires, check whether the black screen persists. If you find any damaged cable, replace it with a new one and check if the black screen problem persists on your sharp tv.
Look for Another Power Outlet
Try this possible solution if the steps mentioned above fail to resolve the black screen issue. If your remote is working fine and all wires and cables connected with the tv are properly connected, then there are some chances that your power outlet has some issue, and your tv isn’t getting sufficient power. So, it’s better to look for another power outlet near the tv and plug the power cord into that outlet. It will be great if this step works for you; if not, move on to the next solution.
Related: Fix lg tv no picture but sound
Check For HDMI Cable Issue
Changing the cable to another port and replacing the old wire with the new one can change the cable to another; follow the steps;
- Go to the back panel of the tv and remove the HDMI cable from the port, some tv has 2 ports, and some have 3, so try to put the HDMI cable into other ports.
- Restart the tv, select the HDMI source, whether it’s 1,2 or 3 and check if changing the port works; if not, check if your HDMI cable is working.
Replace your HDMI cables with the new ones and if you don’t want to purchase a new one, look for another HDMI cable device. If the tv starts working with that cable, you need to buy a new HDMI cable or just that one.
How to Reset Sharp TV With Black Screen
In this section, we’ll explain how you can reset your sharp tv when there is no picture. In this method, we will use the physical button on your sharp tv to reset your tv. Follow the steps below to reset your sharp tv black screen:
- First, unplug your Sharp TV from the power outlet.
- Now, press and hold the volume down and input button on your side/back of your sharp tv.
- While holding the buttons, plugin your sharp tv and keep holding the button until the tv is turned on.
- Once the picture appears, release the button.
- Now press the vol- and channel- buttons on your tv together to enter the service menu.
- Navigate to the Reset option using the channel up or down button on your tv.
- And reset your tv.
This way, you can reset your sharp tv with a black screen using the remote.
Related: Fix tcl roku tv black screen
Fix Sharp TV Black Screen Blue Light
In this scenario, you will get no picture on your sharp tv screen, but you’ll get blue light. This happens because of a faulty firmware update. To fix this, you need to reset your sharp tv with the black screen by following the above-mentioned steps. After resetting your sharp tv, you need to update it. After updating your Sharp TV firmware, the “Sharp TV has no picture but the blue light” issue will be resolved.
- Once you get the picture, press the Menu button on your remote and go to Settings.
- Now scroll down and select the Support option.
- After that, Select Check Software Upgrade.
- At last, select Yes to download and install software on your sharp tv.
Now the sharp tv black screen blue light issue will be fixed.
Sharp Roku TV Black Screen
If you’re getting no picture on your sharp Roku tv, try the button combination mentioned below. This will clear the cache on your sharp Roku tv and restart your tv.
Press the home button 5 times, press the up button once, then press the rewind button twice, followed by the fast forward button twice.
Now your sharp Roku tv will restart in a couple of seconds; once the tv restarts, check if the black screen issue is fixed or not on your sharp Roku tv.
Sharp TV Black Screen But Sound is Working
Some users have reported that they are getting a black screen, but the sound on their sharp tv is working fine. They can hear sounds after pressing the button on their remote. In this scenario, follow the above steps to fix the black screen on your sharp tv; if that doesn’t help, we’ll look for a hardware issue.
- Turn off all the lights in your room and turn on your tv.
- Go close to your tv and see if you can see any pictures on your tv screen. If not, then turn on the torch on your smartphone.
- Now go close to your tv and flash the tv light on your sharp tv screen and check if you can see anything on your sharp tv screen.
If you can get the picture after flashing the light on your sharp tv screen, this is a hardware issue. Your sharp tv backlight is not working, some LEDs are dead, or the full led strip is not working. In this case, you need to replace the backlight; you can do this by contacting sharp or any technician near you.
Replace Your Sharp TV
If, after trying all the steps above black screen issue is not resolved. Then you can try replacing your sharp tv with a new sharp tv. You can also check other brands like Samsung smart tv and LG smart tv. Their smart tv is also great, and you can go with them without any issue.
Nothing helping you out? Try to follow all the steps twice because sometimes you’ll not get the results on the first try, so try again if the issue doesn’t resolve. If not, then contact the Sharp team. They can help you in fixing the sharp tv black screen of death.
If this post helped you, then why not share it with the world and also check our post on how to fix sony tv’s black screen of death?