I own a Samsung smart tv, and everything has been good for last year. But recently after a firmware update when I turn on my tv it gets stuck on the Samsung logo. I tried rebooting the tv, sometimes it works but sometimes doesn’t. When I googled I found many people asking about the same issue on the Samsung forum. Their Samsung tv was also stuck on the welcome screen. I tried contacting the Samsung team, they helped me in resolving the issue.
In this post, I’m going to share what you can do when your Samsung tv is stuck on the logo/welcome screen.
How to get past the Samsung tv logo/welcome screen
If your Samsung tv is stuck on the welcome screen, then you can fix this issue by cold booting, power cycling, or factory resetting your smart tv. We have a detailed guide below on how to perform these troubleshooting steps.
If your Samsung smart tv is stuck on the Samsung logo, then it can happen due to a loading issue. In that scenario, the first thing you should do is WAIT. Because sometimes you just have to wait for things to get better. Wait for some time, once the loading is finished your Samsung tv will get past the welcome screen. Once past the welcome screen, you’ll be able to use the Samsung tv. So if your Samsung tv is stuck on the welcome screen then wait for some time you’ll be able to get past the loading screen.
Cold Boot Your Samsung TV
Another method to get past the Samsung tv loading screen is to cold boot your tv. During Samsung tv cold boot your device will completely turn and turn on. To cold boot, your Samsung smart tv, press and hold the power button on your Samsung remote for 15-20 seconds. Once the tv turns off and turns on release the power button. Now you’ll most probably get past the Samsung tv welcome screen.
Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV
You can easily get fix the Samsung tv stuck on the loading screen issue by completely turning off your Samsung tv. To perform a power cycle on your Samsung tv follow the steps below.
- Turn off your Samsung tv using your remote.
- Remove all the wires connected to the Samsung tv including firestick or Roku.
- Unplug your Samsung smart tv from the power socket.
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung smart tv for 10-20 seconds.
- Wait for 10-20 minutes.
- Now turn on your Samsung tv.
Wait for some time your Samsung tv will get past the welcome screen now.
Use Samsung TV Secret Code/Menu
This solution is mentioned on the Samsung community page and it has helped many Samsung tv owners to fix the loading screen issue. To perform this fix you need a working Samsung smart tv remote. Follow the steps below.
- Unplug your Samsung tv.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug in and turn on your Samsung.
- Once you get the Samsung logo, use your remote to press the following buttons.
- Press mute,1,8,2, and power.
- Now your Samsung tv will restart for some time.
- After some time your Samsung tv will turn on and will take you to a screen with a menu.
- Now press the source button to select the source.
Now Samsung tv forzen on the welcome screen issue will be resolved.
Factory Reset Your Samsung TV
If the above steps didn’t work for you, then you can factory reset your Samsung tv. To factory reset your Samsung tv follow the steps below.
- Press the power button to put your Samsung tv in standby mode.
- Now press the following button combination.
- Press the info, menu, mute, and standby (power) button on your remote.
- Your Samsung tv will turn on and will give you the menu.
- Scroll down and select SubOptions.
- Scroll down and select Flash Reset.
Now your Samsung smart tv will reset to factory settings.
If you don’t have your remote then press the physical power button on your Samsung tv for 15-20 seconds. This will reset your Samsung tv to factory settings.
Contact Samsung Team
Your Samsung smart tv can get stuck on the welcome screen, due to hardware problems. If the IC or the main board is damaged, then also you can face this problem. In this case, you should contact the Samsung team for help. They can help you in resolving this problem.
More helpful guides: