Samsung TV plus app was developed in adherence with seamless navigation to access their content with ease from a centralized location. Tv Plus is only compatible with specific Samsung devices and is of great help in customizing, going through the functions of Tv, etc. But sometimes, there are instances when we face issues in the app.
In this article, we will be covering the possible causes and their proven working tricks so that we can tackle those situations well and resolve the issues.
Why Did My Samsung TV Plus Stopped Working?
With the following reasons, you’ll get to know why your Tv plus stopped working.
- Poor/Slow internet connection: This can be the reason why you’re getting the Samsung Tv Plus error message on your screen.
- Wrong Network Configuration: If your network settings are configured wrong, then it might be the reason why your Samsung Tv Plus is not working.
- Corrupted Cache: Sometimes, device cache files get corrupted and lead to streaming issues like you’re encountering now.
- Outdated Firmware: Using an outdated version of the app or device software can also be the reason why you’re facing “Samsung Tv is not available.”
How Do I Get My Samsung TV Plus to Work?
We’ve penned down some of the most probable working troubleshooting steps that’ll help in getting your Samsung Tv Plus back to work.
Ensure your Internet is working fine
Before troubleshooting your device, ensure that your Internet is working fine. The error message also states that Samsung Tv Plus is not available due to a network problem. Try the following ways to fix this; reboot your router, check your internet speed, and move the router closer to your Samsung Tv. Check if this resolves the issue.
Reboot the Samsung TV
If it’s just a temporary software bug or glitch that’s stopping the Samsung Tv Plus from working, rebooting your Samsung Tv might fix this issue. To do so;
- Turn off your Samsung Tv and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for 5 minutes and plug the power cable into the wall outlet.
- After that, turn on your Samsung Tv and check if this resolves the issue,
Press and hold the power button on your samsung tv remote for 15-30 seconds. Your samsung smart tv will restart. Now check if you’re able to use the samsung tv plus feature or not.
Tip: Unplug your TV from the wall and leave it overnight. Plug your Tv the following day and check if this fixes the issue.
Related: Samsung tv volume stuck
Clear The Cache of Your Samsung Smart TV
As we stated above, if the cache files get corrupted, it can be why Samsung Tv Plus is not available. Clearing the cache may resolve the problem. Follow the steps as instructed;
- Navigate to the Settings of your Samsung Tv and open Tv Device Manager.
- Now, go to Memory Boost and select Clean Now. This will clear the cache of Tv and improve the performance.
- After that, go to the Clean Running Apps and then go to Manage Storage and free up some storage space.
- Once the process completes, check if this resolves the issue.
Manually Enter the Google DNS on Your Samsung TV
Earlier, many Samsung users encountered the same problem. Also, they claimed that changing their ISP’s DNS to Google DNS fixes the issue. To do so, follow the steps as given;
- Press the Menu button on the remote and head to the Network tab.
- Now, select the Network Status, then select the IP settings button.
- After that, navigate to the DNS Setting option and choose Enter Manually
- Enter 18.104.22.168 and press Enter to apply the changes.
- Now, turn off your Samsung Tv and wait for 60 seconds.
- Turn on the TV and check if this resolves the issue.
If not, try to select Obtain Automatically in DNS Setting and check if your Samsung TV plus is working fine.
Related: Samsung tv black screen of death
Start Smart Hub Connection Test
Try to perform a Smart Hub connection test on your Samsung Tv, the smart hub helps establish the connection with its servers, and if it fails to establish the connection, it might stop the Tv Plus app from working. In this case, performing the Smart Hub Connection Test can fix the issue.
- Navigate to the Settings of your Samsung Tv then, head to the Support.
- Move to the Self Diagnostics tab and select Start Smart Hub Connection Test.
- Wait until the process completes, and after that, check if this resolves the issue.
Disable IPv6 Connection
If the issue is still here, try disabling the IPv6 protocol. Disabling IPv6 might fix the problem. To do so, follow the given steps below;
- Navigate to the Settings and head to the General.
- Now, select the Network option, then choose Expert Settings.
- After that, disable the IPv6 and check if this fixes the issue.
Change the Date and Time of Your Samsung Smart TV
If the TV’s date and time are wrong configured, then it might be why Samsung TV is not available. Try to edit the date and time on your Tv and set them according to real-time.
- Head to the Settings of your Samsung Tv.
- Navigate to the General tab, select System Manager, and select Time.
- After that, choose Clock and set the Clock Mode to Manual.
- Now, set the current Date and Time and check if this works for you.
Reset Network Settings
“There was a problem while trying to play the Samsung Tv Plus Channel. Check your network settings or try again later,” as this clearly states that this is a network-related issue, and till now, we’ve tried disabling the IPv6, changing the DNS, and even tried rebooting our router, but the issue is still here. In this case, resetting the Network Settings of your Samsung Tv might solve the problem. To do so, follow the instructed way;
- Navigate to the Settings of your Samsung Tv.
- And head to the General tab.
- Now, go to the Network and select Reset Network.
- After that, select Confirm to reset the Network and wait until the process completes.
- Lastly, connect your Tv to a network (wireless or wired) and check if your Samsung Tv plus is working fine.
Update your Samsung TV
Sometimes Samsung’s technical Support acknowledges the issue before users. And they release the update to fix the problem. So, try to check if any latest update is available for your Tv. There are also instances where outdated firmware causes the issue and stops Tv Plus from working.
- Head to the Settings of your Samsung TV and navigate to the Support.
- Now, go to Software Update and select Update Now. If any updates are available, then download and install them. If the Update fails to download on Wi-Fi, connect your TV with an ethernet cable and download the Update.
- After installing the updates, perform a reboot on your Samsung Tv and check if your Samsung Tv Plus is working now.
Reset Smart Hub
I tried too many troubleshooting steps, but the issue persists. Try to reset your Samsung Smart Hub; it may resolve the issue. But, before resetting the Smart Hub make sure you have the backup of your data and logins.
- Navigate to the Settings of your Samsung Tv and scroll to the Support.
- Now, go to Device Care and select Self Diagnostics.
- Afterward, head to the Reset Smart Hub and enter the PIN (if asked 0.0.0.0).
- Wait until the Reset process completes.
- Now, restart your Tv and set up your Smart Hub. Currently, your Samsung Tv plus should be working fine.
Factory Reset Your Samsung Smart TV
If nothing helps you out, it’s time to perform a complete reset of your Samsung Tv. If the firmware of your Samsung Tv gets corrupted and stops the TV Plus from working, then resetting the Tv to its default settings may solve your problem. To do so, follow the steps given and make sure you have a backup of all your data and logins.
- Navigate to the Settings and head to the Support.
- Now, locate Device care and select Self Diagnosis.
- Select Reset and enter the pin (default pin 0.0.0.0).
- Now, wait until the reset process completes.
- After that, enter the credentials to log in and check if this fixes the issue.
Contact Samsung Support
If the above guide fails to do the job, it’s time to contact Samsung team for help. Raise your issue on their chat support or visit their service center and ask them to resolve the issue. Also check our post on how to fix samsung software update option greyed out.