Recently during setting up a Samsung tv, we found that the broadcasting option was not available/locked, or greyed out. I was unable to access the broadcasting option on my Samsung smart tv. To fix the problem we did some research and found the ways that helped us in fixing the broadcasting option greyed-out problem. In this post, we’re going to share with you how to fix the Samsung tv broadcasting function that is not available/locked/greyed out.
Fix Samsung smart tv broadcasting this function is not available
Below we’ve shared our research that helped in fixing the Samsung tv broadcasting issue greyed out issue.
Switch Source to TV Mode
If you’ve not selected the tv as the source, then you will not be able to access the broadcasting settings on your Samsung tv. To access broadcasting settings you need to select the tv as the input source. To do this follow the steps below.
- Close all the apps and go to the home screen.
- Now press the input button on your Samsung tv remote.
- Now select the tv as the source.
- Open settings.
- Now broadcasting option will be available.
After changing the source on your Samsung tv to Live tv/tv you’ll be able to access the broadcasting option.
Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV
If the broadcasting option is still greyed out, then might have been caused by a bug or glitch. Performing a power cycle of your Samsung tv can help in this scenario. Follow the steps below to power cycle your Samsung smart tv.
- Turn off your Samsung smart tv.
- Now remove the tv’s wire from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the physical power button on your Samsung tv for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plug in your Samsung tv and turn it on.
Now go to setting and check if the broadcasting option not available/greyed out is fixed or not.
Check Your Cables and Device Connected to Samsung TV
If the device and cables are not properly connected to the Samsung, then you can face issues in accessing the broadcasting option. To fix this problem, check that all the devices like firestick and Roku is well connected. If you are unsure, then remove them from the Samsung tv and reconnect it properly. After connecting them properly check if the broadcasting option is working or not.
Another thing, you have to check is that all the HDMI cables, and coax cables are connected properly. Try reinserting the coax cable properly and check if the broadcasting option is still locked or working. In the same way, remove the HDMI cable and plug it into another HDMI port. Now check if the broadcasting option greyed-out issue is fixed or not.
Disable the Hospitality or Peak Mode
If the hospitality mode or peak mode is enabled on your Samsung smart tv, then you face issues in using the broadcasting feature. You have to disable this option by following the steps below.
Newer Samsung TV Models (Peak Mode)
- Turn off your Samsung smart tv.
- Press the mute+1+8+2+power button.
- Your tv will turn on and you’ll get the service menu.
- Now select the control option.
- Scroll down and select the shop option.
- Now turn off the peak mode.
Older Samsung TV models (Hospitality Mode)
- Turn on the tv.
- Now on your Samsung tv remote press the Mute+1+1+9+Enter button.
- Now turn off the hospitality mode settings.
After making these changes depending on your Samsung tv model, you’ll be able to use the broadcasting feature of your Samsung tv.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub Settings
If the broadcasting feature is still not accessible on your Samsung tv, then try resetting the smart hub settings. To reset smart hub settings on your Samsung smart tv follow the steps below.
- Go to the Samsung tv home screen and select the settings option.
- Now select the support option.
- Select device care.
- Now select self diagnosis option.
- Now reset the smart hub.
Now check if the broadcasting function not available issue is resolved or not. If not then reset your Samsung smart tv to factory settings.
- Go to the home screen and option settings.
- Go to the support option and select self-diagnosis.
- Now select the reset option.
Once the factory reset is complete broadcasting option greyed-out issue will be resolved.
Contact Samsung Team
If the broadcasting function is still not working on your Samsung smart tv, then contact the Samsung tv. They can help you in fixing this problem on your Samsung tv.
More helpful guide: