I own a Samsung fridge and it is working flawlessly for the last 3 years. But recently one of my relatives bought a Samsung fridge. When he turned on the fridge it was stuck in demo mode. An old Samsung fridge can also enter the demo mode/cooing off mode due to the pressing of two buttons or due to a power outage.
After enabling the cooling off mode turn off the cooling system but the rest of the fridge components will normally work (eg light). This helps shop owners save electricity and show the fridge in demo mode.
If your fridge is stuck in demo mode or you don’t know how to get your Samsung fridge out of cooling off mode, then don’t worry. In this post, I’m going to share how I disabled the cooling off/demo mode on my Samsung fridge.
How to Turn Off the Demo Mode/Cooling Off Mode on Samsung Fridge
If the Samsung fridge is in demo mode, you’lla get the “OF” notification on the display panel. But you can easily disable the demo mode on your Samsung fridge using the buttons available on the fridge outside.
You can find the two buttons located on the top of your Samsung fridge next to the display panel. Mostly these buttons are named Power Freeze and Energy Saver buttons. After locating these buttons follow the steps below to disable the cooling-off mode.
- Now press the energy saver and power freeze buttons together for 5 seconds.
- You’ll a sound from the fridge and you’ll the temperature information of the freezer and fridge on the display.
It can take upto 5 minutes for compressor to start working again after disabling the demo mode.
Turn off Demo Mode on Different Samsung Fridge Models
You might need to press the different buttons for different Samsung fridge modes. I’ve shared the details below to disable the demo mode on the Samsung fridge.
- RT18M*- press and hold the freezer+freezer+fridge buttons for 7 seconds.
- RF220*, RF221* – Press and hold the Ice Off and freezer button for 7 seconds.
- RF18H*, RF26H*, RF261*- Press and hold the Energy saver and freezer for 7 seconds.
- RH22*, RF23H*, RF25H*, RF28H* (manufactured in 2014)- Press and hold the freezer and alarm for 7 seconds.
- RH22, RF22k, RF23H, RF23J, RF25H, RF26J, RF28H*, RF28J, RF28K (manufactured in 2015)– Press and hold the freezer and alarm for 7 seconds.
- RF23M8090- Press and hold the Ice maker+ auto water fill and door alarm button for 7 seconds.
- BRF365200AP, BRF425200AP- Press and hold the ice maker + Filler reset and override for 7 seconds.
Disable Demo Mode on Samsung Family Hub Fridges
You can easily disable the cooling-off mode using the Samsung family hub. You can disable the demo mode on Samsung family hub fridges by following the steps below.
- Go to apps and select the fridge manager app.
- Now go to fridge settings.
- Now disable the demo mode using the slider next to the cooling off option.
- Press and hold the proceed button for 3 seconds to confirm it.
Now the demo mode is turned off on your Samsung refrigerator.
Turn off the demo mode on Samsung Convertible Fridge
You can disable the demo mode on your Samsung convertible refrigerators. You’ll see “oF” message on the display when the cooling is off. You can disable the demo mode on your fridge using the buttons on your fridge. Press the hold Temp., Power Freeze and Lock buttons together until you get a sound. Now release these buttons, your Samsung convertible fridge is now out of the demo mode.
Turn off Demo Mode on Samsung BESPOKE Fridge
Samsung BESPOKE fridges also has the feature of the demo mode. But don’t worry you can disable this by pressing the buttons on the fridge. To turn off cooling off mode, press < and > buttons together for 6 seconds. Now press the O buttons to enable or disable the demo mode.
Disable Demo Mode Off on 4 Door Kimchi Samsung Fridge
4 Door kimchi Samsung fridges also have a feature to disable cooling off. Many shop owners use this option for fridge demonstrations in their shops. You can disable the demo mode/cooling by using the buttons available on your fridge.
- Press the lock button for 3 seconds to unlock your fridge.
- Now press and hold the ferment, preserve and lock buttons together for 5 seconds to disable the demo mode/cooling off mode.
Now the demo mode/cooling off mode is disabled on your 4-door kimchi Samsung refrigerator.
Contact Samsung Team
If for some reason you are unable to disable the cooling-off option on the Samsung fridge. Then contact the Samsung support experts for help with this issue.
Your Samsung fridge can enter the demo/cooling off mode when you mistakenly press the buttons. This can also happen due to sudden power outage.
You can use the buttons available on your Samsung fridge to disable the demo mode. You need to press the energy saver and freeze buttons for 5 seconds to disable demo mode. You can also use the Samsung family hub app to turn off the cooling off option. Launch the Samsung family hub on your fridge, go to settings, and from there disable the cooling-off mode.
More helpful guides: