Is your Roku TV screen stuck on the loading screen? Or is your Roku TV screen frozen? If so then no problem it is a common issue that you can resolve with some easiest methods. Some users are also getting stuck on the Roku bouncing logo with loading sound. They are unable to get past this screen. This is a glitch or malfunction faced by many Roku users. Fortunately, there are steps and tricks you can apply for fixing this issue. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix Roku stuck on a purple Roku screen with a logo.
What Do You Do When Your Roku Won’t Load?
Before trying the fixes make sure your Roku device is in airplane mode. If not then turn off your wifi and proceed with the troubleshooting steps. Many users suggested that they were able to get past the Roku purple screen after rebooting their Roku device with wifi turned off. So first turn off your wifi then follow the fixes below.
Restart/Reboot Your Frozen Roku TV
The best way to fix the frozen screen issue of Roku TV is to reboot your device. As unplugging your TV can affect your TV so you can try rebooting your device with a remote. To reboot your Roku TV with a remote, follow the below steps:
- Press the Home button five times
- Press the Up button once
- Press the Rewind button twice
- Press the Fast Forward button twice
After proceeding with the steps provided, please wait for a few seconds as your TV screen may pause for a little bit, and then it will take about 30 seconds and then your system will reboot.
Related: Fix roku dim screen issue
Hard Restart/Reset Your Roku TV
If you are unable to restart your device after following the above steps then do a hard restart. It can help you in fixing roku stuck on home screen issue. To hard reset your roku stick or roku tv follow the steps below:
- Unplug your roku stick from your tv.
- Now unplug it from the power outlet or remove the adapter from the roku stick.
- Wait for 10-20 minutes.
- Now plug in your roku stick and turn it on.
- If your roku tv is stuck on loading or purple screen, then unplug it from the wall.
- Press the physical power button on tv for 20-30 seconds.
- Now wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Plug in your roku smart tv and turn it on.
Now after hard resetting your roku stick or roku smart tv, check if you’re able to get past the home screen/roku logo/loading screen or not.
Note: If you’re using a sd card with your roku device, then first remove the sd card from your roku. Now try rebooting and check if you’re able to get past the roku bouncing logo or purple loading screen. If not then try resetting your roku device by following the steps below.
Factory Reset Your Roku TV
If you are still facing the same issue after restarting your Roku TV then you will have to factory reset your device. As your TV screen is frozen, you won’t be able to reset your Roku TV from settings. However, you can hard reset your Roku TV by following these steps:
- First make sure there is no sd card installed on your roku device then follow the steps below.
- Look for the reset button at the back of your Roku TV device
- Press the reset button and hold it for at least 40 seconds
- When the factory reset is done, the power indicator of your Roku TV will start blinking continuously.
Related: Fix tcl roku tv black screen
How to Reset Your Roku TV Without the Reset Button
If your Roku TV doesn’t have a reset button then also you can reset your Roku TV with these steps:
- Press and hold the Power and Mute button on your TV
- Unplug your TV’s power source and plug it back in, while holding the above-mentioned buttons
- Release the buttons when you see the TV start-up screen
- Follow the instruction in guided setup and re-enter your account information.
If you’re still facing the issue after trying all the steps mentioned then the problem can be with your Roku and we will suggest you visit https://support.roku.com/contactus to contact Roku customer support.
If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix roku stick overheating issue.