If you are a Roku user, you must know that Roku is a streaming media player with the most decisive interface of all devices, i.e., you can instantly access the content on your TV screen. It’s a great product, but there are some issues that come along with using it, and one of those is Roku’s no home screen.
In today’s post, we’ll discuss what’s causing the “Roku no home screen” issue and what steps to be followed to resolve this issue.
Why is my Roku not going to the home screen?
There are several reasons why Roku no longer launches home screen. Below, we’ve listed some of the probable causes that can cause the “Roku no home screen” issue;
- Poor or Weak Internet Connectivity: You may encounter such issues if your internet is facing some problems. A poor, weak, or slow internet connection can be the reason you’re facing the issue. You need to verify your internet connection or call your ISP to get this fix.
- Overheating: Using the device for an extended period may lead your machine to overheat. Overheating can damage the device’s internal parts and raise the chances of such issues. In this scenario, try preventing your device from overheating.
- Temporary Bug or Glitch: A temporary bug or glitch in your device’s software can be the reason behind the occurrence of the “Roku no home screen” error on your Roku device. But you don’t have to worry; it can be fixed by following some troubleshooting steps.
- Faulty HDMI Cables: If the HDMI cables attached to your device are defective or have some issues, it can cause such an error on your screen. To get rid of this, you can try replacing the other device’s cables.
How do I get my Roku to go to the Home screen?
Been through the reasons mentioned above behind the “Roku no home screen” issue, and now it’s time to resolve the issue. To do this, we’ve gathered and listed the best working solutions and steps to help and guide you in resolving the error.
Reboot your device
Let’s try to fix the issue by performing a reboot on your device. If you’ve done this, move on to the next steps and if you haven’t, do it now. As we discussed, if there’s a bug or glitch in the software, it can cause such issues on your device and can be fixed by following the troubleshooting method. Here’s the first method you can try;
How to reboot Roku tv?
Here’s the step to reboot your Roku TV;
- Press the Home button five times
- Now, press the UP button once.
- After that, press the Rewind button two times.
- Lastly, press the Fast Forward button two times.
After doing this, allow your TV to load. Once your TV reboots, check to see if the “Roku no home screen” issue persists.
Hisense Roku tv no home screen
Are you a Hisense Roku TV user encountering the “Roku no home screen” issue on your device? There might be some possibilities that your device is experiencing some issue, or it may be a software glitch that’s causing the problem.
To get this issue fixed, try hard rebooting your Hisense Roku tv.
Hard Rebooting your Tv
What does Hard rebooting do? There were instances where hard rebooting fixes the unresponsive Roku tv screen or frozen screen error. To get rid of the “Roku no home screen” issue, try hard rebooting your Roku TV.
To do so,
- Unplug the power cord of your Roku TV from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds.
- After that, plug the power cord into the wall outlet and turn on your Roku TV.
Check if performing the hard reboot fixes the “Roku no home screen” issue.
Tcl Roku tv no home screen
Are you experiencing the “Roku no home screen” issue on your TCL Roku Tv? Did you try soft and hard rebooting your TCL TV? If doing that didn’t fix the problem. Here are the steps you can try for.
Check the HDMI cables
HDMI cables are an essential part of your device and connect your Roku device to your Tv (If using Roku Stick). If they aren’t working fine or having some issues, you might face such issues on your device. You cannot ignore this thing.
First of all, try checking your HDMI cable. You mostly face issues if your HDMI cable is frayed or torn. If the HDMI cable is fine, then try to reconnect it. Or, if you found any problem (like frayed or pulled from a side), replace it with the new ones.
Or, you can search for another HDMI cable. If you have any old HDMI cable or other device HDMI cable, try connecting it to your Roku and TV.
If your TCL Roku TV is still not displaying the home screen, try following the below method.
Check the internet connection
Is your internet working fine? Some affected users reported that they were encountering this issue because of their weak and poor internet connection.
It will be better if you check whether your internet is working fine or not. To check this, you can visit speedtest.com; here, you can check what internet speed you’re getting now. If you’re not getting the required speed
Try rebooting your router and Roku tv. And disconnect all other connected devices from the router. After rebooting both devices, check if you can go to the home screen.
Onn Roku tv won’t go to home screen.
If your Onn Roku tv won’t go to the home screen, your device needs a factory reset. Factory resetting your device is one of the most effective ways to resolve such errors.
Performing the factory reset will remove all the saved information, downloaded contents, and channels from your Roku tv.
Factory Reset your Roku TV
To do so, follow the below steps;
- Press the Home button given on your Roku remote.
- And navigate to the menu and select Settings.
- Now, scroll to the System and select Advanced system settings.
- After that, choose Factory reset or Factory reset everything (Roku TV) and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I reset my unresponsive Roku?
If your Roku Tv is stuck on launching the Home screen or unresponsive, you may be unable to Factory reset your Roku TV (Using the above steps). Don’t worry; there’s another way to Factory reset your Roku Tv (Without accessing the menu); the below step will help you do so.
Factory Reset using the Reset button
You’ll find the reset button on the back panel of your Roku TV. You’ll need a pin or paper clip to press it. Now,
- Press and hold the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Now, release the button once the resetting is complete.
- After a while, your Roku TV power indicator will start blinking rapidly, which means your Roku TV has been reset to its default settings.
- Lastly, set up your device and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Contact Roku support
If the above-given solutions didn’t help you, you’re still stuck at the “Roku no home screen” issue. It will be best if you take the support from the best. Try contacting the Roku team, explain your problem, and ask them to provide the best support.
More helpful guide: