Are you also one of the people getting a green screen on your Roku TV and TCL Roku 4k TV. Then don’t worry after a recent update many users of Roku TV are getting a green screen where they try to stream anything on their TV. This issue is only occurring on the application but not on the live or local TV channels. Most people are getting this issue because of a bug in the Roku TV after the recent update. If this is not the reason then it can be a problem with your HDMI cables. In this post, we’ve gathered some of the working tricks that can help you in fixing the green screen issue on Roku TV or TCL Roku 4k TV.
Power Cycle Your Roku TV to fix green screen
The power cycle of your Roku TV will fix the green screen issue on your Roku. This works for both Roku TV and TCL Roku 4k TV. To power cycle your Roku TV you need to follow the steps below.
- Unplug your TV from the power socket for 30-60 seconds.
- After 30-60 seconds plug in your TV and turn it on.
- When your TV starts open the youtube app to check If you’re still getting the green screen issue on your TV.
Roku Stick Green Screen Problem
- If you’re facing green screen issue while using roku stick, then first remove the roku stick from the tv.
- Now unplug both your tv and rokustick from the wall.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in the roku stick into tv and turn on your tv and your roku stick.
- Make sure that roku stick is plugged in properly into the tv. A loose roku stick connection can cause green screen issue.
This fix is working for many Roku users if this doesn’t fix the green screen issue on your Roku. Then you can follow the other troubleshooting method from this post.
Tips: If you’re roku stick extender is damaged then try replacing the extender with a new one. In case if the hdmi port is damaged then try connecting roku stick in the other hdmi ports, doing this will fix the roku stick green screen issue.
Switch Between Local (Live TV) and Application on Roku
If the power cycle didn’t fix the green screen on your Roku or TCL Roku 4k TV. Then you can try switching between TV and application to fix this issue. If you’re getting a green screen while streaming on youtube, Hulu, or any other application on your Roku TV. Then go to a local or live TV (antenna feed channel) for few seconds and then go back to youtube or any other application on your Roku TV. Now you’ll be able to stream online content on Roku without facing the green screen issue on your Roku. If you’re still getting the issue then follow the other fixes from below.
Related: Fix Roku error code 016
Problem With Your HDMI Cable
You can also get the green screen issue on your Roku TV if there are too many HDMI cables connected to your TV. A faulty HDMI cable connection with your Roku TV can cause the green screen issue on your TV. To fix this you need to unplug unnecessary HDMI cables from your TV. After unplugging HDMI cables check if you’re still getting the green screen. If the problem persists then try another HDMI cable to screen content to your TV. You can also use an HDMI splitter to fix the green screen issue on your Roku TV. Many users have reported that using HDMI splitters fixed the green screen problem on their TV. You can also tweak your Roku TV HDMI settings by following the steps below to fix the green screen issue:
- Go to your Roku TV settings.
- Scroll down and select the TV inputs option.
- Select HDMI and then select HDMI mode.
- Now change it to HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 and check if this fixes the green problem.
- You can use HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 to see which one works for you.
Tip: You can reset your TCL Roku 4k TV to fix the green screen problem. To reset your TCL Roku TV press the small reset button next to HDMI power. After resetting your TCL Roku TV the issue will be fixed.
Related: Roku error code 009 fixed
System Restart Roku TV to fix Green screen Problem
You can use the system restart option in the Roku settings. Many uses have reported that doing a system restart of their Roku TV fixes the green screen issue on their device. To system restart your TV follows the steps below:
- Use the Roku remote to go to the home screen.
- Now go to Roku settings.
- Now choose the system restart option.
- Select Restart option.
- Now your Roku player will restart.
After performing system restart check if the issue is fixed on your Roku TV,
Related: Fix roku error code 014.40
Factory Reset Your Roku TV
If none of the steps mentioned above worked for you then you can try factory resetting your TV. Many people have reported that the factory resetting Roku TV fixed the green screen problem on their TV. To factory reset your Roku TV follow the steps below.
- Press home on your Roku remote to go to the Roku home screen.
- Scroll down to select Roku settings.
- Scroll down and select the system.
- Now go to advanced system settings.
- Now select the factory reset option.
- Confirm the factory reset by entering the password.
When the reset complete setup your Roku TV and check if the green screen issue is fixed on your TV.
Contact Roku and TCL Team
If nothing worked for you then you need to contact the manufacturer for help. If you’re using Roku then you can contact the Roku team here. If you’re facing this issue on your TCL Roku 4k TV then try contacting the TCL team from here. They can help you in resolving the green screen issue.
If you’ve any other fix then a comment on this blog will be legendary and also do check how to fix smartcast tv is starting up please wait.