The Amazon Firestick provides people with many things such as streaming content, live TV, online games, support for apps, and much more. Recently some users are facing issues in streaming prime video on their firestick or fire tv. Prime Video is constantly freezing, crashing, lagging on their firestick. Some users also reported that video stops playing after few seconds on their fire device. You can face such issues with prime video on your firestick or firetv because of an outage, an outdated app or system software, or a technical glitch. In this post, we’re going to provide you with some troubleshooting steps that can help in fixing the prime video streaming issue on your firestick.
How do I fix Amazon Prime on my Firestick?
Check For Prime Video Outage
You come across issues while streaming prime video on your firestick due to an outage. If the prime video servers are not working in your area then you can face issues in streaming, login, etc. To check for prime video outages you can visit downdetector. Here you’ll get the live status of the prime video outage, you can also report your issues from here. You can also visit the prime video twitter page to look for tweets related to prime video outages.
Check Your Internet Connection
The Internet plays a major role in streaming any content, so you have to make sure your WI-FI or mobile hotspot is providing a stable condition. You can check your internet speed at speedtest.net. If you think your internet is unstable and internet speed is not sufficient for streaming amazon prime video then follow the steps below
- First, unplug your router from the power source/outlet.
- Now, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plugin your router.
- Now connect your firestick to the router and launch amazon prime video.
See if the prime video is working or not and if you think your internet is still not working properly after rebooting the WI-FI, I would like to suggest you use an ethernet cable for a wired connection. This will provide a better internet connection to your firetv. If the issue persists contact your internet service provider for help.
Restart Your Firestick
Restarting your firestick can help you in fixing prime video crashing, lagging, freezing, black screen issues. To restart or reboot your firestick follow the steps below.
Restart by remote
Press the select and play/ pause button at the same time and wait till your firestick restart.
Restart using home screen
From the home screen go to the settings option from the menu, select device, and then press on restart.
Hard reset your firestick without remote
- Remove your firestick from the power outlet and tv. If you’re a firetv owner then unplug your tv from the power socket.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, plugin your firestick and turn it on.
Now launch prime video and check if it is working properly or not.
Check your amazon prime video account is active
Maybe your Amazon prime account is not active. This can result in prime video not playing videos on your firestick. To check amazon prime membership follow the steps below.
- Log in to amazon and select the account.
- Click on your prime membership page and here you will find the current membership status on the left side under your name.
Clear cache of prime video app
When you watch a video on prime video on your firestick, it stores some cached data on your firestick/firetv. Sometimes this data/cache gets corrupted, this can result in prime video crashing, freezing on your firestick. You can try clearing prime video cache and data on firestick by following the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now select applications.
- Now select manage installed applications.
- Look for prime video and select it.
- Now first select force stop, then clear cache and clear data of prime video app.
Now launch prime video and log in to your account and check if the prime video issue is fixed or not on your firestick.
Update prime video app on Firestick
An outdated prime video app can cause a lot of issues while playing your favorite movies or shows. So make sure that your prime video app is updated to its latest version on your firestick. To update prime video follow the steps below.
- Go to the home screen and select apps.
- Now locate the amazon prime video app.
- Press the menu button on your firestick remote.
- Now choose more info.
- Now update the prime video app.
After updating the prime video app restart your firestick and check if you’re still facing issues in streaming prime video on firestick or not.
Note: Make sure that your date and time are set correctly on your firestick. If not then first set the date and time correctly on your firestick to fix prime video streaming issues.
Update Your Firestick Firmware
Just like apps need an update in the same way your Firestick’s software also needs to be updated. Updating your firestick firmware can help in fixing prime video issues on your firestick.
- Navigate to settings and select my Fire TV.
- Select about and then select check for updates or install the update.
- Hit select on your remote when you will do it your TV will power off.
- Wait for the updates to be installed.
After updating your firestick launch prime video and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Also check: Fix amazon prime video not working on samsung tv
Reset the Firestick
If prime video is still not working on your firestick then factory reset is the last Jedi that can help in fixing this problem. To reset your firestick follow the steps below.
- Go to the settings on your Fire TV scroll and select my Fire TV.
- Next scroll down and choose reset to factory defaults.
- Click on reset, now you will get the message that your device is resetting to factory default.
- After reset your firestick will restart.
Now launch prime video and check if the streaming issues are fixed or not on your firestick. If you’re still facing issues in streaming prime video, then get in touch with the prime video team. They can help you in fixing prime video issues. You can also check our post on how to cancel starz on amazon prime.