Play store is one of the biggest app store to download and install applications on android os. It is safe so people trust the play store for searching and installing applications on their devices. But many users nowadays get error retrieving information from server df-dferh-01 while installing apps from the play store. If you’re also getting error code df-dferh-01 while installing or updating the app from the play store then don’t worry. In this post, we’re going to share with you some of the working steps to eliminate this error on your android device.
How do I fix google play server error df-dferh-01?
Below we have explained some of the working and updated methods to fix google play error retrieving information from server error on your android device.
Clear Play Store Cache and Data
Corrupted cache and data are some of the major reasons behind such errors on any os. If you’ve not cleared play store cache and data for a long time then this can be the reason behind the server error df-dferh-01 on your android. To clear play store app cache and data follow the steps below:
- Tap on the setting icon on your android device.
- Now go to the applications and tap on all apps.
- Locate and tap on the google play store.
- Now tap on the storage option.
- From here clear cache and clear data of the play store application.
- After clearing cache and data tap on the back button on your device.
- Now tap on the force stop button and tap on ok for confirmation.
Now open the play store again to see if you’re able to update or install apps on your android device. If you’re still getting the error restart your android device.
Tips: Restarting your Android device can sometimes fix play store error df-dferh-01. If this is a temporary bug then a simple restart can fix this error on your mobile phone.
Also check: Enable chrome hardware acceleration android
Uninstall Google Play Store Updates
You can face error df-dferh-01 due to a bug in the current version of the google play store application. If this is the issue then you can simply uninstall the play store updates to fix errors retrieving information from the play store server. To uninstall play store updates follow the steps below:
- Go to your phone settings.
- Now locate and tap on applications and tap on all apps.
- Locate and tap on google play store.
- Now click on the three dots from the top right side of the screen and click on uninstall updates.
After performing these steps open the play store and try installing or updating your application. If you’re still getting the issue then follow the other steps mentioned below.
Reset app preferences
Many users have said that they were able to fix the play store error df-dferh-01 by resetting the app preferences. To reset app preferences, follow the steps below:
- Go to the settings of your android device.
- Again open apps and notifications and tap on all apps.
- Now tap on the three dots from the bottom of the screen.
- Now tap on reset app preferences.
- Go to your android setting and tap on the system.
- Now tap on the advanced option.
- Here tap on the reset options.
- Now tap on the reset app preferences option.
After resetting app preferences check if you’re able to download or update the app on your android device.
Also check: How to disable autoplay in chrome
Remove and log in to your google account
If the above steps didn’t help you in resolving the play store error df-dferh-01, then try removing and adding your Google account again. As many people have reported that re-authenticating google account on their device helped them in fixing error retrieving information from the server.
- Again go to your android device settings.
- Now tap on the accounts option.
- Here tap on google.
- Now tap on your email address (account) and tap on remove from the bottom screen.
- If you’ve more than one account then remove them all from your android device.
- After removing your google account restart your android device.
- Open the play store and login into your Google account.
After performing these steps try downloading the app to see if you’re still getting the error code play store error df-dferh-01 on your device.
Note: If your device is running on an older version of android, then try updating your device to its latest version. To update your android device go to setting and tap on about phone and tap on software update. Now your device will look for available updates, if there is a pending update install it on your device to fix error df-dferh-01.
Also check: How to remove credit card from google play store
Update play store from a third party (Rooted device)
If you’re using an older version of the play store on your device then you can face error df-dferh-01. In this scenario, you can download and install the latest version of the play store from a third-party website.
- Go to this link and download the play store APK file from there.
- When the download complete tap on the APK file and tap on install.
- Now open the play store and check if you’re able to download the app on your device.
Clearing play store cache and data will fix the error code df-dferh-01 on your device. If you have any other suggestion let us know from the comment box below and also check how to fix play store stuck on download pending error.