Paramount plus is one of the most popular streaming services across the globe. On the paramount plus, you can stream a lot of great movies and shows. Recently while watching a movie on paramount plus, we started facing the buffering problem. We tried some basic troubleshooting but that didn’t help us. So, we googled and found that other users are also facing the buffering issue with paramount.
So, we decided to look for a fix, we searched the forum and contacted the paramount team. Fortunately, we were able to fix the paramount plus buffering problem. In this post, we’re going to share how to fix paramount plus keeps buffering issues.
What causes the paramount plus to buffer?
Before heading to the solution to this problem, we need to understand the root causes of this buffering issue.
- Internet issue: every streaming service requires a proper internet connection; poor internet connection can be the reason for buffering.
- An issue with a paramount plus account: if there is some problem with the account, it can see buffer.
- If VPN is enabled: sometimes, due to VPN, a central plus server can’t connect to the device and keeps loading, as can see on the device screen.
- Device issue: Some devices are not compatible with paramount plus apps, and when the device tries to run the apps, it loads instead of running.
- When the server is down: sometimes the paramount server goes for maintenance, and when you try to play any content, it shows a buffer.
After understanding the reason why paramount plus is constantly buffering, let’s proceed with the troubleshooting below.
How to Fix Paramount plus keeps buffering
Log out and restart your device.
You should start your troubleshooting method by logging out and restarting the device on which you are playing the Disney plus app.
- Locate the cogwheel icon in your paramount plus app/ browser.
- Click on a sign-out and close the application/browser tab.
- Turn off your streaming device.
- Press the physical power button on your smart tv for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then turn on your device.
- Sign in paramount account and check.
Note: This fix doesn’t work for everyone, if paramount plus is still buffering on your device then follow the steps below.
Disable ad blockers software
Sometimes you can face the buffering issue due to the ad blocking plugin you added to your browser.
Ad blockers help to block distracting ads, but sometimes it’s blocked some legitimate websites.
Turn off ad blocking software or disable it on your browser and then try to run paramount plus.
- Click on the three dots from the top right side of the chrome.
- Now click on more tools.
- Click on extensions.
- Now disable or remove the ad blocker you’ve installed on your chrome browser.
- Click on the hamburger icon of firefox.
- Now click on the add-ons and themes option.
- Click on extensions.
- Now from here you can disable or remove the extension you want.
After removing the extension from the browser, visit the paramount plus page and check if the buffering issue is resolved.
Tip: If you are using a VPN then you can face paramount plus buffering problems. Disabling or removing the paramount plus app on your device can fix the paramount plus keeps buffering problem.
Check your network connection
To stream the paramount plus, you require high internet speed and a stable internet connection so you can view the live content. You need at least 4 MBPS to stream better quality content.
To know about internet speed, visit speedtest.net and test your internet speed. If you don’t have high internet, we suggest you decrease the video quality from high to low to fix buffering issues.
Tips: Go to downdetector and check if the paramount plus is facing an outage. If there is an outage then wait for some time, once the issue is fixed you’ll be able to stream paramount plus without any problem.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
Your internet plays a great role in streaming the content on paramount plus. But if the internet is poor, you may encounter loading and buffering issues. To troubleshoot your internet issues, follow the steps given.
- Restart the WI-FI: unplug the cable of the router and modem and leave it for 5 minutes and then plug in and turn it on.
- Use ethernet cable: one more thing you can do to increase the internet speed by using an ethernet cable. It helps to increase the internet speed.
- Use less internet while streaming: If you are downloading something, then disable it and check if the paramount plus is still buffering.
- Reconnect Router cables: Remove the cables from the router (power and connection wire). Wait for some time and reconnect all the cables to the router.
- Use another internet: If your internet is not working, then use your mobile hotspot for streaming paramount plus.
- Change the router position: you can place your router at the highest place, at least 5 feet from your modem.
If your internet is still not working, then contact your isp for help. Once the internet is stable and working you’ll be able to stream paramount plus without any issues.
Stream on a different device
Sometimes, the device you are using has some problem due to which paramount plus can face buffering issue. If you have any other alternate device, install the paramount plus app and log in to check if the paramount plus is working. If yes then your device is not compatible or has some problem due to which paramount plus is buffering. In this post, we’ve shared some fixes that can help in fixing the paramount plus buffering problem.
Clear your browser cache
Some people use browser for streaming paramount plus. Most of the time you can stream paramount plus on your browser without any issue. But sometimes paramount plus can face buffering problems due to stored cache. Refreshing the cache of your browser can help in paramount plus keeps buffering issue. To clear the cache of your chrome browser follow the steps below
- Open your chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on more tools and then clear browsing data.
- Select all time and then cached images and files.
- Click on clear data.
After clearing the cache of your browser visit paramount plus. Now login to paramount plus and try streaming content on your browser.
Clear Paramount plus app cache
If your paramount plus app is not working on your smart tv or smartphone, then this can happen due to stored cache and data. Clearing the cache and data of paramount plus app can fix the buffering problem. To clear the cache of paramount plus app follow the steps below.
- Go to the setting of your device.
- Select the application option.
- Now locate and select the paramount plus app.
- Click on the storage option.
- Now first force stop the app (if applicable).
- Clear the cache and data of paramount plus.
- Restart your device.
- Launch the paramount plus and log in.
After clearing the cache of paramount plus app, the buffering problem will be resolved.
Reinstall the paramount plus app
If nothing has worked for you, the last option is reinstalling the paramount plus app. If you reinstall the app, it will fix all existing glitches and paramount plus app will be updated.
- Uninstall the paramount plus app from your device.
- Go to the app store, play store, etc depending on your device.
- Now install the paramount plus app.
After reinstalling the paramount plus app buffering issue will be fixed.
Contact Paramount Plus
If your paramount plus is still laggy, choppy and buffering, then contact the paramount plus team. They can help you in resolving the paramount plus buffering problem.
More helpful guide: