Recently updated on September 23rd, 2022 at 02:54 am
Paramount plus is one of the most popular streaming services across the globe. On Paramount plus, you can stream a lot of great movies and shows.
Recently while watching a movie on Paramount plus, we started facing the buffering problem. We tried some basic troubleshooting, but that didn’t help us. So, we googled and found that other users also face the buffering issue with Paramount.
So, we decided to look for a fix; we searched the forum and contacted the Paramount team. Fortunately, we were able to fix the Paramount plus buffering problem.
In this post, we will share how to fix Paramount plus keeps buffering issues.
What causes the paramount plus to buffer?
Before heading to the solution to this problem, we need to understand the root causes of this buffering issue.
- Internet issue: Every streaming service requires a proper internet connection; poor internet connection can be the reason for buffering.
- An issue with a Paramount plus account: If there is some problem with the account, it can see a buffer.
- If VPN is enabled: Sometimes, due to VPN, a central plus server can’t connect to the device and keeps loading, as you can see on the device screen.
- Device issue: Some devices are not compatible with Paramount plus apps, and when the device tries to run the apps, it loads instead of running.
- When the server is down: Sometimes, the Paramount server goes for maintenance, and when you try to play any content, it shows a buffer.
After understanding why Paramount plus is constantly buffering, let’s proceed with the troubleshooting below.
How to Fix Paramount plus keeps buffering
To fix Paramount Plus keeps buffering, you can log out your Paramount account and restart your device, disable the ad-blockers software, check and troubleshoot your internet connection, change the video quality, check for an outage, stream Paramount on another device, clear the Paramount app or browser cache, reinstall the Paramount app, or contact the Paramount support.
Log out and restart your device.
You should start your troubleshooting method by logging out and restarting the device on which you are playing the Disney plus app.
- Locate the cogwheel icon in your Paramount plus app/ browser.
- Click on Sign-out and close the application/browser tab.
- Turn off your streaming device.
- Press the physical Power button on your smart tv for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait for 10 minutes, and then turn on your device.
- Sign in to your Paramount account and check.
Note: This fix doesn’t work for everyone; if Paramount plus is still buffering on your device, move on to the next step.
Disable ad blockers software
Sometimes you can face the buffering issue due to the ad blocking plugin you added to your browser.
Ad blockers help to block distracting ads, but sometimes it blocks some legitimate websites.
Turn off ad blocking software or disable it on your browser and then try to run Paramount plus.
- Click on the three dots from the top right side of the chrome.
- Now click on More tools.
- Click on Extensions.
- Now disable or remove the ad blocker installed on your chrome browser.
- Click on the hamburger icon of firefox.
- Now click on the Add-ons and themes option.
- Click on Extensions.
- Now from here, you can disable or remove the extension you want.
After removing the extension from the browser, visit the Paramount plus page and check if the buffering issue is resolved.
Tip: If you are using a VPN, then you can face Paramount plus buffering problems. Disabling or removing the Paramount plus app on your device can fix the Paramount plus keeps buffering problem.
Check your network connection
To stream the Paramount plus, you require high internet speed and a stable internet connection so you can stream the live content. You need at least 4 MBPS to stream better-quality content.
To know about internet speed, visit speedtest.net and test your internet speed. If you don’t have high internet, we suggest you decrease the video quality from high to low to fix buffering issues.
Tips: Go to downdetector and check if the Paramount plus is facing an outage. If there is an outage, then wait for some time; once the issue is fixed, you’ll be able to stream Paramount plus without any problem.
Troubleshoot your internet connection
Your internet plays a great role in streaming the content on Paramount plus. But if the internet is poor, you may encounter loading and buffering issues. To troubleshoot your internet issues, follow the steps given;
- Restart the WI-FI: Unplug the cable of the router and modem and leave it for 5 minutes and then plug in and turn it on.
- Use ethernet cable: One more thing you can do to increase the internet speed by using an ethernet cable. It helps to increase the internet speed.
- Use less internet while streaming: If you are downloading something, then disable it and check if the Paramount plus is still buffering.
- Reconnect Router cables: Remove the cables from the router (power and connection wire). Wait for some time and reconnect all the cables to the router.
- Use another internet: If your internet is not working, then use your mobile hotspot for streaming Paramount plus.
- Change the router position: You can place your router at the highest place, at least 5 feet from your modem.
If your internet is still not working, contact your ISP for help. Once the internet is stable and working, you’ll be able to stream Paramount plus without any issues.
Change your video quality
You can get rid of the buffering issue if you change the quality of the video. Because sometimes, due to an unstable internet connection, the video will buffer.
How do I change Paramount Plus streaming quality?
To change the video quality to lower;
- Click on the Video cogwheel.
- Select Video Quality to lower.
- Now resume your Title.
- And check if it is still buffering.
Is there any issue with Paramount Plus server?
The buffering issue also occurs in Paramount plus when it’s server down or goes under maintenance; meanwhile, if you tried to watch any show, you can’t do it.
As we stated earlier, you can visit downdetector.com to check the status of Paramount plus servers. If you didn’t find any outage report.
Try, visiting the Paramount plus Twitter account if they tweet anything about their maintenance break or server outage.
Stream on a different device
Sometimes, the device you are using has some problem due to which Paramount plus can face buffering issues.
If you have any other alternate device, install the Paramount plus app and log in to check if the Paramount plus is working.
If yes, then your device is not compatible or has some problem due to which Paramount plus is buffering. In this post, we’ve shared some fixes that can help in fixing the Paramount plus buffering problem.
Clear your browser cache
Some people use browsers for streaming Paramount plus. Most of the time, you can stream Paramount plus on your browser without any issue.
But sometimes Paramount plus can face buffering problems due to stored cache. Refreshing the cache of your browser can help in Paramount plus keeps buffering issues.
To clear the cache of your chrome browser, follow the steps below;
- Open your chrome browser.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Click on More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- Select All time and then Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data.
After clearing the cache of your browser, visit Paramount plus. Now login to Paramount plus and try streaming content on your browser.
Clear Paramount plus app cache
If your Paramount plus app is not working on your smart tv or smartphone, then this can happen due to stored cache and data. Clearing the cache and data of Paramount plus app can fix the buffering problem.
To clear the cache of Paramount plus app, follow the steps below;
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Select the Application or Apps option.
- Now locate and select the Paramount plus app.
- Click on the Storage option.
- First, Force Stop the app (if applicable).
- And then Clear the cache and data of Paramount plus.
- After that, restart your device.
- Launch the Paramount plus and log in.
After clearing the cache of the Paramount plus app, the buffering problem will be resolved.
If you’re experiencing Paramount Plus buffering issue on your iOS device, then there’s no option to clear the cache and data of the app. To resolve this issue on your iOS device, move on to the following step.
Reinstall the paramount plus app
If nothing has worked for you, reinstalling the Paramount plus app is the last option. Reinstalling the app will fix all existing glitches, and the Paramount plus app will be updated.
- Uninstall the Paramount plus app from your device.
- Go to the App store, Play store, or depending on your device.
- Now, install the Paramount plus app.
After reinstalling, the Paramount plus app buffering issue will be fixed.
Contact Paramount Plus
Contact the Paramount plus team if your Paramount plus is still laggy, choppy and buffering. They can help you in resolving the Paramount plus buffering problem.
More helpful guide:
1 thought on “Paramount Plus Keeps Buffering”
None of the major “buffering”problems are solved by any of these tips.
People are seeing problems across multiple devices, different isp. The only common denominator to the millions of problems is paramount plus. They need to refund the millions if users that can’t use the service they are paying for.. and fix the problem