Recently updated on January 4th, 2023 at 05:04 am
Nvidia GeForce experience keeps your game ready graphics drivers up to date and also it optimizes the performance of your graphics card. But, several GeForce experience users are reporting that they are getting an error code 0x0003 and seeing “Something went wrong. Try launching Nvidia GeForce experience after rebooting your laptop or computer. Error Code: 0x0003” message in a dialog box.
Why am I getting geforce experience error code 0x0003?
We dug deep and did some research on this error code and we found the culprits behind this error code. This error code can be caused by several reasons that are listed below
- Nvidia Telemetry can’t interact with your desktop- This can be the cause behind the Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0003, maybe Nvidia Telemetry facing some issue and failing to interact with your desktop. To Interact with the Nvidia Telemetry with your desktop you need to allow the service to interact with the desktop.
- Nvidia services stopped or not running- Some mandatory Nvidia services are facing some issues and causing this error code. To solve this error you need to force restart all the services.
- VPN- While doing some research on this error code, affected users are reporting that they are getting the error code because their VPN is enabled.
- Nvidia Driver got Corrupted- Maybe your Nvidia GPU is corrupted and displaying the error code 0x0003. To Fix the corrupted GPU driver, reinstall each Nvidia component.
How to Fix Nvidia Geforce error code 0x0003?
Geforce experience error code 0x0003 means that there are some corrupted files in your GeForce experience folder. You cannot delete those files in the folder because you cannot find it. Also, you cannot delete the wrong file because it’ll affect the performance of your system. To fix Nvidia Geforce experience error code 0x0003 what you can do is a completely fresh installation on Geforce experience on your computer. This is also the best way to fix error code 0x003.
Uninstall your Geforce experience
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R, then type “appwiz.cpl”, press the enter key this will take you to Program and Features.
- Locate all the installed applications of Nvidia corporation, just check the Publisher list from there you’ll know the publisher of the installed application, once you got the “Nvidia Corporation”, right-click on the application and choose Uninstall.
- Uninstall all the installed applications by Nvidia Corporation. After uninstalling the Nvidia applications, restart your PC.
Install the latest Geforce experience
- Now go to this link and download the latest Nvidia driver according to your Nvidia GPU model no. and the series number.
- After that locate the download Nvidia Geforce package.
- Now right-click on it and click on run as administrator
- Select the installation location and click on ok
- Now Nvidia graphic driver will check the system compatibility
- Now click on agree and continue
- On the installation, options page choose custom installation
- Now checkmark the box before perform a clean installation (Doing this will delete the previously corrupted files) click on next
- Now follow the process of installation
Note: If your system crashes or your screen resolution dips to 720p or 360p there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes this happens just follow the installation and you’ll be good to go.
After your installation, Nvidia Geforce experience error code 0x0003 will be fixed. If not there is another good method to fix it mentioned below.
Also check: Fix fire tablet won’t turn on
Enable Nvidia Telemetry Container Interaction with Desktop and Start Disabled or Stopped Geforce Services
If the Nvidia services are not working or running then you can face the Geforce experience error code 0x0003 on your laptop or computer. There is four Nvidia service which needs to be running to fix the error code 0x003 depending on your graphic card. The services are – Nvidia telemetry containers, Nvidia display service, Nvidia local system container, Nvidia network service container. If you’ve 2 services on your desktop then there’s nothing to worry about it depends on the graphic card. To start a stopped service just follow the steps below.
- From the bottom left side of the screen search service and double click to open it.
- Now search for the Nvidia related service from the list.
- Right-click on the stopped Nvidia Telemetry Container service and click on start.
- Now click on properties and in the startup type select automatic.
- Now click on the log on the tab and choose allow services to interact with the computer.
- Click on apply and ok.
- Follow the steps above to start the rest of the stopped service (Nvidia display service, Nvidia local system container, Nvidia network service container) make sure to choose automatic in the startup option.
Doing this will fix the Nvidia Geforce experience error code 0x0003 on your computer or laptop.
Tips: Try rebooting your pc, sometimes a reboot can fix the error code 0x003 on your pc.
Also check: Wyze error code 90 fix
Do Force Restart of Nvidia Services
Maybe you’re facing this error code because some of the main Nvidia services are disabled, follow the steps that are mentioned below and perform a force restart of Nvidia services- Nvidia Local System Container, Nvidia Network Service Container, Nvidia Display Service, etc.;
- Press Win + R to open Run, type “msc” and press the enter key to open Windows Services Application.
- Now, locate all the Nvidia services in the services window section, make a right-click on each of them (Nvidia Local System Container, Nvidia Network Service Container, Nvidia Display Service) one by one and select “restart”, this will restart your Nvidia services.
- If you locate all the Nvidia services then, To ensure that all Nvidia services are running do a right-click each of them and click on Start.
Winsock Reset/ Reset the Network Adapter
Users who are affected with Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0003 managed to fix this issue after resetting the network adapter to stock configuration. Try this method to fix your issue as well by following the steps mentioned below;
- To Open run, press Windows + R, inside the search bar type “cmd” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Inside the command prompt, type “netsh Winsock reset” and press Enter to reset the network adapter driver.
- Once the process is done, restart your PC and check that resetting the network adapter fixed this error code or not. If still this error is there then try the next method.
Tips: Many users were able to resolve geforce experience error code 0x0003 by disabling the vpn. If you’re using a vpn then turn it off and launch geforce to see if the error 0x0003 is fixed
Also check: com.apple.mobilephone error code 1035 fix
Reinstall nvidia programs/ components again
If the above steps didn’t worked for you then you try reinstalling the nvidia components again to fix the geforce error code 0x003 on your computer. Follow the steps below to reinstall nvidia programs on your computer.
Uninstall nvidia components
- Click on the windows icon from the bottom left side of screen and then click on gears icon to open settings
- Click on apps option
- Now locate and uninstall every nvidia computer from your computer.
Install nvidia geforce and drivers again
- Now go to this link and click on download now button to download the latest version of geforce experience.
- Once the download is complete install it. Reinstall the nvidia component will automictically install any missing driver on your computer.
- Once the installation is completed restart your computer
Check if the geforce error code 0x0003 is fixed on your computer.
Create a New Account
Nothing helped you at all, first we recommend you to try all methods again and if still, you’re getting the geforce experience error code 0x0003 then the last option for you is to delete all the graphics driver and create a new user account. After creating a new user account download the latest driver and check if the error persists or not.