Geforce experience is a service provided by Nvidia for gamers who like to game using an Nvidia graphic card. Geforce experience helps in optimizing the game experience and also helps in updating the graphic drivers. But many people face error code 0x0001 with a message (Something went wrong. Try rebooting your pc and then launch GeForce experience) when they try to open GeForce on their PC. This error is faced by many users and fortunately, we have a couple of solutions to fix error code 0x0001. In this post, we’re going to explain the reason for this error and how you can fix it.
Reasons for Nvidia error code 0x0001
There are various reasons for GeForce experience error code 0x0001. We’ve mentioned the reasons for this error below.
- Bug in GeForce: Many people have reported they faced this issue due to a bug in the stable version of GeForce experience on their PC. This can be easily fixed by installing the beta release of the GeForce experience on your pc.
- NVIDIA services not working: If one of the Nvidia services is stopped on your pc then you can face the error code 0x0001 on your pc.
- Installation location not set properly in the registry: If the program files and program files x86 location is not set properly in the registry then you can face this error on your pc.
- Corrupted Nvidia files: You can also face error code 0x0001 on your pc due to corrupted Nvidia GeForce experience files on your drive.
So these are the most common reason for error code 0x0001 while launching the GeForce experience. You can now follow the steps below to fix this error on your pc.
Restart Nvidia Services
You can face this issue if the Nvidia services like the telemetry container not running or not set to interact with the computer. You can easily fix this issue by starting the Nvidia service and setting it to interact with the computer. Follow the steps below to restart and modify Nvidia GeForce services settings:
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type services.
- Now double click to open services.
- Now scroll down and locate Nvidia services.
- Right-click on the Nvidia telemetry services and click on stop.
- Now right-click telemetry service again and click on properties. In the start-up choose automatic.
- Now click on the log on tab.
- Choose local system account and select allow service to interact with desktop.
- Now click on apply then ok.
- Now again right-click on the telemetry service and click on start.
- Follow the same steps for other Nvidia services.
After applying these changes you’ll not face the Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0001 on your pc. If you’re still getting the issue then follow the steps below.
Related: Fix Video Scheduler Internal Error
Reinstall Nvidia Geforce experience
If you’re facing this issue due to corrupted Nvidia files on your pc. Then a reinstall of the Nvidia GeForce on your pc can fix the error code 0x0001. You can follow the steps below to reinstall the Nvidia GeForce experience:
- Go to Windows settings by pressing the Windows + I button and click on apps.
- Now locate and uninstall the Nvidia GeForce experience from your pc.
- Now go to this link and download the latest version of Nvidia driver from the website and install them on your pc.
After installing check if the issue is resolved on your pc. If you’re still getting the error on the latest official build of the Geforce experience then try installing the beta version on your pc.
- Uninstall the current version of the GeForce experience from your pc.
- Now go to this link and download the beta version of the GeForce experience for your pc. Install the beta version of the GeForce Experience.
Now the Nvidia GeForce experience error code 0x0001 will be resolved on your pc.
Fix Registry Error/ Correct ProgramFilesDir Path
If there is a registry error then you can face the error code 0x0001 on your pc. You can follow the steps fix to set the registry properly to avoid such error on your pc:
- Press Windows + r button on your keyboard to open run
- Now type Regedit and hit enter.
- Enter the following in the path box: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion and hit enter.
- Now double click on the ProgramFilesDir
- In the value, data make sure you enter the correct path of the program files on your pc (C:\Program Files). C indicates the drive on which the windows and program files are installed. If your windows and GeForce are installed on another drive then select the drive on which your GeForce and windows are installed.
- Click on OK.
- Now double click on the ProgramFilesDir (x86) and select the correct location of program files (x86) on your pc as explained in the steps 5.
- After correcting the location of PromgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir (x86) error code 0x0001 will be resolved on your PC.
Tip: Try updating your windows to fix the error code 0x0001. Press windows + I to open windows check and click on updates and security. Now click on check for update and install the available updates on your pc and check if this resolves the issue for you.
Also check: Fix Thread stuck in device driver
Use Display driver uninstaller (DDU) to fix error code 0x0001
Many users have posted that they were able to fix this issue by using the DDU (display driver uninstaller) software. This app uninstall GeForce and display driver from your pc. Then you can install the Nvidia driver to resolve the GeForce error code 0x0001.
- Download the DDU software from here.
- Now install the display driver uninstaller on your pc and launch it.
- Now select GPU in the device type and select Nvidia.
- Click on clean and restart.
- When the process completes go to this link and search and download the latest compatible version of the driver for your Nvidia graphic card.
- Install the driver on your pc.
Now the Nvidia GeForce error code 0x0001 is fixed on your pc.
Conclusion: You can easily fix the error code 0x0001 on your pc by restarting the Nvidia service or by modifying the Nvidia services. You can also fix this issue by fixing the registry error or by installing the beta version of the GeForce experience on your PC.
If you’ve any other fix suggest us from the comment box and also check our post on how to fix Nvidia geforce experience error code 0x0003.