Nvidia control panel is used to adjust screen settings like resolution, in-game graphic optimization, screen orientation, etc. But many people are unable to open the Nvidia control panel on their pc. This happens because of an outdated driver, a bug in the Nvidia processes. In this post we’ve some solution which can help in fixing Nvidia control panel won’t open issue in windows.
Set All Nvidia Service as Automatic and Running
Sometimes a stopped Nvidia service can cause the Nvidia control panel to not open. To make sure you’re able to Nvidia control panel you need to make sure are Nvidia service is running and their startup type is set to automatic. You can follow the steps below to implement these settings.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard and type services.
- Now open the services app.
- Now scroll down and locate Nvidia related services.
- Right-click on the Nvidia display container, and if it is running click on stop. If it is not running then click on properties.
- In the startup type select automatic, now click on the start button then click on apply and ok.
- Follow the above steps for other Nvidia services.
After implementing these changes restart your computer and check if you’re able to open the Nvidia control panel properly. If you’re still not able to open the Nvidia control panel then follow the other troubleshooting methods.
End Nvidia Processes and Start Again
Sometimes a temporary bug in the system process and Nvidia process can cause the Nvidia control panel to not open. In this scenario, you can simply restart the Nvidia processes to fix the Nvidia control panel not opening an issue on your pc.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager.
- Now locate the Nvidia process from the list. Click on all Nvidia process one by one and click on end task.
- After ending all Nvidia processes search for windows explorer and select it and click on the restart button.
Now after performing these steps check if you’re able to open the Nvidia control panel on your pc. If you’re still not able to open the Nvidia control panel then follow other troubleshooting methods.
Start Nvidia Control Panel Using the Application Located in Installation Directory
Many users have reported that they’re able to open the Nvidia control panel by launching the Nvidia application from the installation directory. You can follow the steps below to open the Nvidia control panel from the installation directory:
- Go to the following location on your pc This PC>system C:>Program files>Nvidia corporation>Control panel client
- Now double click nvcplui.exe to open the Nvidia control panel.
Now you’ll be able to open the nvidia control panel without any problem. Another solution to fix this issue is to reinstall the Nvidia driver which is mentioned in the next steps.
Reinstall Nvidia Driver on Your PC
If you’re still not able to open the Nvidia control panel then try a clean reinstallation of the Nvidia driver on your pc. A clean reinstallation will remove any corrupted files from your pc. This will fix the Nvidia control panel not opening on your pc.
- Right-click on the Windows icon from the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now click on device manager.
- Now click on display manager, In the expanded menu right click on the Nvidia display adapter, and click on uninstall.
- Select delete the driver software on this device option and click ok.
- Now go to Nvidia’s official page to download the latest version of Nvidia driver for your pc.
- Now select the correct product type, product series, etc. depending on your graphics card click on search.
- Download the driver on your pc.
- Now launch the driver installer and choose customer options, and click on a clean install. This will remove the previous files from your pc for a fresh installation of the Nvidia driver on your pc.
- When the installation complete restart your pc.
Now check if you’re able to open the Nvidia control panel without any issue. This will most likely fix the Nvidia control panel not opening on your pc.
Use the DISM++ tool to Remove Nvidia bad entries
You can use the dism++ toll on your pc to remove the bad entries from your pc to fix the Nvidia control panel not opening on your pc. To fix the issue follow the steps below:
- Install dism++ tool from here.
- Now open the dism++ tool and go to APPXs and delete the nvidia control panel entry. Also, delete the Provisioned APPX entry.
- Now go to main drive (mostly C drive) and go to program files> windows apps.
- Here delete the following entry: NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.956.0_x64__56jybvy8sckqj (You may not find x64 depending on your pc. Still delete the following entry)
- Restart your pc and install the Nvidia control panel application from the windows store.
This will fix the windows control panel won’t open on your pc. If you’ve any suggestion to fix nvidia control panel not opening then do let us know from the comment box and also check how to fix Video scheduler internal error on your pc.