Are you encountering the No Sound issue with your Sky Q box? Sky Q is a known satellite television platform that offers a range of channels and on-demand services to its users.
However, you may encounter one of the most common issues that Sky Q users face is the no sound issue while playing content on Sky Q box.
Why is No Sound on my Sky Q box?
Well, there are several reasons why this issue may occur, such as
- Issue with the TV and Box Settings.
- There might be some issues with device Hardware or software.
- An issue with the cables or connections.
But don’t worry, this issue can be fixed easily, and in today’s blog, we will discuss some steps that can help you resolve the no sound issue on your Sky Q box.
How do I Fix No Sound on Sky Q?
Getting No Sound or Audio drops out issue on your Sky Q? This issue can be fixed easily by changing the Digital output settings, restarting the Sky Q box, checking the reconnecting the cables, updating the Sky Q software, or resetting the Sky Q box to its factory settings.
Check Volume and Mute settings
The first thing you should do when you encounter a no sound issue on Sky Q is to check the volume and mute settings.
Sometimes the volume may be turned down or muted accidentally, and this can result in no sound on Sky Q.
To check the volume,
- Press the Volume button on your Sky Q remote control or use the volume controls on your TV set.
- If the Volume is too low, then press the + button to increase it or until you can hear the sound.
Change Digital Output Settings
Tried increasing the volume but No Sound issue persists, there could be a problem with the Sky Q audio settings. If the audio settings are not configured correctly, it may result in no sound.
To fix this, try changing the Digital output settings. To do so, follow the below steps;
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
- Now, select Settings > Setup.
- Then, select Audio Visual > Digital Audio Output HDMI and ensure that it’s set to Normal or try choosing Dolby Digital first if the Dolby Digital Plus option is already selected.
Note: If your device is connected to a soundbar or home theater system, then make sure it’s turned on. Also, try reconnecting the cables of the soundbar or audio system you’re using and check if that fixes your issue.
Restart the Sky Q box
Still not getting sound on your Sky Q? Try restarting the Sky Q box to resolve the issue. To restart the Sky Q box,
- Press the Standby button on your Sky Q remote, then unplug the Sky Q from the outlet.
- Ensure that there is no light on the front of your Sky Q box.
- After that, plug the Sky Q box back into the outlet and turn it on.
- Wait until the on-screen instruction disappears and then press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
Once your Sky Q box restarted, try playing the content again to see if the sound is working.
Check Cables and Connections
If restarting the Sky Q doesn’t fix the No Sound issue on your Sky Q, then there could be an issue with the cables and connections.
Ensure that all the cables and connections are securely plugged in and are not loose. Check both the ends of the HDMI or AV cable to ensure that the cable is securely connected to both the ends of the TV and Sky Q box.
You can also try using a different HDMI cable or try connecting the HDMI or AV cable to another input and check if that resolves the issue.
If the No Sound issue persists, you can try updating the Sky Q box software. Sometimes an outdated software can cause such issues with the sound, and updating the Sky Q box to its latest software version can help resolve the issue.
To update the software on your Sky Q box,
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote, then head to the Settings.
- Now, select System info, and then select Software Version.
- If there is any update available, select Update Software and follow the instructions.
Reset Sky Q to Factory Settings
If you’re still not getting the sound, then try resetting your Sky Q box to its initial settings. To so, follow the below listed steps;
But be aware that, resetting the Sky Q box will clear the remote pairing you’ve set up earlier and will revert all the settings of your Sky Q to the default settings.
- Press the Home button on your Sky Q remote.
- Now, head to the Settings then press 0,0,1 and then press Select button on your Sky Q remote.
- After that, select Reset > Reset Settings and, then select Confirm.
- Afterward, wait until the on-screen instructions disappear and then press the Standby button on the front of your Sky Q box.
Contact Sky Q Support
If none of the above steps that we’ve mentioned in this post work, it may be time to contact Sky Q customer support.
You can contact Sky Q support via phone, chat, and email.
But before you contact support, try re-performing all the steps mentioned above, as they may ask you to perform some of these steps before they can assist you.
Also, Check: Sky Go App Keeps Crashing