Just like other streaming platforms Netflix also has issues. One of them is Netflix stuck on the loading screen, which is faced by many Netflix users. You can get stuck on the loading screen of Netflix while using it on your android phone, iPhone, windows browser or app, or on your smart tv. As per Netflix if you’re stuck on the loading screen with the Netflix logo, loading percentage or red spinning circle then this means that data stored on your device need to be cleared or refreshed. Sometimes a technical glitch can also cause the issue. In this post we’re going to explain what you can do to fix Netflix stuck on the spinning circle on your device.
How Do I Fix Netflix Red Circle of Death?
If you’re stuck at loading screen while using Netflix on your smart tv. Then you can try hard resetting your smart tv and your network device. Hard reset/power cycle of your network device and your smart tv can help you in fixing Netflix stuck on loading screen on tv. Also, before trying any troubleshooting fixes mentioned below, go to downdetector and check if Netflix is down. If Netflix is down or facing an issue then wait for sometimes, the issue will be resolved in a couple of hours. For more information, you can contact Netflix or visit Netflix’s Twitter page. There you will find tweets related to recent Netflix issues, you can also tweet your issue on their official Netflix twitter page.
Hard Reset/Power Cycle Your Smart tv
- Close Netflix and turn off your smart tv.
- Now unplug it from the power outlet and press the physical power button for 15-30 seconds.
- Now unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now plug in your network devices(router and modem) and turn it on.
- Now turn on your smart tv.
- Launch Netflix and check if you’re able to get past the loading 25% screen or not.
Reinstall Netflix App on your Streaming Device
If you’re still stuck on the loading screen of Netflix after a hard reset then reinstall Netflix on your smart tv can help you in fixing this issue. Reinstall Netflix can also help in fixing this issue on your android or ios device.
- First uninstall Netflix from your streaming device.
- Now restart your device.
- Install the latest version of Netflix on your device.
- Log in to your Netflix account and check if you’re able to get past the loading screen or not.
If you don’t remember Netflix’s password then check this post on how to reset Netflix’s password.
Fix Netflix Stuck on Red Circle of Death on Sony Android Smart TV
If you’re stuck on the red spinning circle on sony smart tv or any other android, then killing Netflix app on your android tv can help you in fixing this issue. You can follow the steps below to force close Netflix app on your sony android tv or any other android tv.
- Now go to settings on your sony or android tv.
- Scroll down and select apps.
- Now locate and select Netflix app from the list.
- Now force close Netflix app on your android tv.
Launch Netflix app on your android tv, now the Netflix should work without any issues.
Tips: Many users suggested that completely closing the Netflix app helped them in fixing this issue. If you’re stuck on the loading screen of Netflix then completely close the Netflix app then relaunch the Netflix app. If you’re on an android or ios device then you can try rebooting your device for fixing Netflix stuck at loading. Now check if you’re still facing the issue or not.
Try Switching Internet Connection
Sometimes you can face this issue because of a slow internet connection. For checking your connection speed you can visit the speed test. If your internet is working slow then you can try using an ethernet connection for help. Ethernet connection will improve the connectivity and internet speed. You can also try moving your router closer to your streaming device and placing your router higher can also improve internet connection. If your internet is working fine and you’re still stuck at 25 on Netflix then you can try using another internet connection. You can try your mobile hotspot for streaming Netflix on your smart tv or other devices. Close Netflix and connect your smart tv with your mobile hotspot. Now launch Netflix and check if you’re able to get past the loading screen or not. If Netflix is working fine and you’re not facing issues while loading then the issue is with your internet connection. For fixing this issue you need to contact your internet service provider.
Also Check: Fix Netflix not working on vizio smart tv
Reboot Your Wifi Router
Some users have reported that they were able to get past the 24% loading screen by reboot/hard resetting their router. To reboot your wifi router follow the steps below.
- Unplug your router from the power outlet.
- Now wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug in your router and turn it on.
- Connect your smart device to the wifi.
Now launch Netflix and check if you’re able to get the loading screen or not.
Update The Netflix App
If you’re using an older version of Netflix on your device. Then updating the Netflix app can help you in fixing Netflix stuck on the loading screen. So first update the Netflix app on your streaming device. Also, make sure that your device firmware is also updated. Go to your device setting and check if you’re using the latest device firmware or not. If not then install the latest version of device firmware. Now check if you’re able to get past the loading screen or not.
Also Check: Disney plus stuck on loading screen fix
Fix Netflix Stuck on Loading Screen on Firestick or Firetv
If you’re not able to get past the loading screen of Netflix on your firestick then first try to restart your firestick or fire tv. Completely removing your firestick or fire tv for 2-4 minutes. Now, plugin and check if you’re still facing the issue or not.
If you’re still getting the issue then follow the steps below.
- Go to the home screen then select settings.
- Now select applications.
- Now select manage installed applications.
- Search and select Netflix from the list.
- Now first select the force stop option.
- Then select clear cache and clear data.
- Now login to your Netflix account.
After force-stopping and clearing Netflix data, Netflix red circle of death will be resolved on your firestick.
Fix Netflix stuck on loading screen on Roku
For Roku users, you can first try restarting your Roku device. Completely remove your Roku stick from the power source then after 5 minutes turn it on. If you’re still stuck on the Netflix loading screen then remove Netflix from your Roku. Then restart Roku and add Netflix, now login to your account and check if you’re able to get past the loading screen.
If you’re still stuck on the loading screen of Netflix then try the clearing Roku cache by following steps.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote 5 times.
- Now press the up button once.
- Press rewind twice.
- Then press fast forward twice.
Now your Roku device will restart in few seconds. Launch Netflix and check if you’re still stuck on the loading screen or not.
Netflix not loading on Android TV
Users suggested that they were able to get past the loading freezing screen by clearing cache and data from the settings. If you’re getting this issue on your android smart-tv then try following the steps below. (But first, try hard reset by following the steps above)
- Go to Settings on your smart tv.
- Now go to the apps section.
- Now select apps.
- Locate and select Netflix.
- Now force stop Netflix and clear cache & data.
After completing the above steps launch Netflix and you’ll be able to get past the loading screen on your Netflix account.
Related: Netflix not working on lg tv
Fix Netflix Stuck on Loading on Samsung Tv
If you’re facing this issue with Netflix on your Samsung smart tv. Then first try unplug your smart tv and router for 5-10 minutes. Then plug it back in and check if Netflix is working fine or not. If not then try resetting Samsung smart hub for fixing Netflix freezes while loading.
- Go to settings.
- Now go to support option.
- Scroll down and select self diagnosis.
- Now from this screen select reset smart hub.
Now login to your Netflix account and check if this issue is fixed or not.
Related: Fix hulu not working on samsung tv
Fix Netflix stuck on Loading Screen on Hisense
Many Hisense tv owners are also getting the same issue on their Netflix. They are stuck on the loading screen and they aren’t able to get past it. Sometimes restarting your Netflix can help you in fixing this issue. If the restart doesn’t help then follow the steps below.
- Launch Netflix.
- Press the menu button on your Hisense remote.
- Now select settings from the option.
- Scroll down and select the system.
- Now select application settings.
- Now select clear cache & cookies.
Doing this will clear all the cache and cookies like your login data. Now login to your account and enjoy Netflix on your Hisense tv.
Netflix stuck on loading at 24, 25%
Some users are stuck at 24, 25% after playing a show or movie. They are unable to load a show or movies on their smart tv. This is a glitch in Netflix but you can easily fix it with a hard reset. For hard reset or power cycle, you can follow the steps below. If that doesn’t work then there is another quick fix for this issue mentioned below.
- Launch Netflix and play a movie or show.
- If you are stuck at 24% or 25% while loading a show or movie then launch youtube.
- Wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Now close youtube and launch Netflix and try playing the same show or movie.
- Now this time you’ll be able to load shows or movies without any issues.
Fix Netflix Stuck on Red Spinning Circle on Smartphone
If you’re facing this issue on your smartphone, then you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below for fixing the issue.
- First, try rebooting your smartphone. Now check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Uninstall the Netflix app then reboot your smartphone. Now install Netflix and check if the issue is fixed or not.
- On android go to settings and select application and notification option. Now select Netflix and force close the Netflix app. Now Netflix stuck on loading issue will be fixed on your smartphone.
If you’re still stuck on the loading screen while using Netflix then you need to contact the Netflix team. The team at Netflix can help you in resolving this issue on your streaming device.