Many LG tv owners are facing issues when they are trying to stream Netflix on their smart tv. For many users, Netflix is not playing shows and movies and sometimes not opening on their lg smart tv. Some users reported that Netflix is crashing, giving a black screen, not loading, keeps buffering on their LG smart tv. Also, many LG tv owners are unable to install the Netflix app on their LG smart tv. After searching Netflix on the LG content store they are getting the message saying Netflix app not available. After pressing the Netflix buttons on their remote users are getting “this function is not available”.
But don’t worry you can easily fix this issues by following the steps in this post. We’ve done research and found the steps that can help in fixing Netflix not working, not available, not opening on your lg smart tv.
How Do I Fix Netflix on LG Smart TV?
Check for Internet connection and Netflix outage
One of the most common reasons behind streaming issues is a bad internet connection. If your internet is not working properly then Netflix will not work on your LG smart tv. You can check internet speed from the Netflix settings. If you’re on an error screen and not getting the settings option then you need to click on more details, after that you can access Netflix settings. Now follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now select get help.
- Now scroll down and select check your network.
- Netflix will check whether your internet is working properly or not. If your internet connection is not working then you need to fix it for accessing Netflix on your LG smart tv.
Some steps to fix your connection
- Move your router closer to the LG smart tv.
- Try using an ethernet connection for better connectivity and speed. To check internet speed go to speedtest.net on your desktop or mobile device.
- Unplug the router from the power outlet. Wait for 5-10 minutes and turn on your wifi. Connect your tv to wifi and check if Netflix is working or not.
- If you’re still facing the issue you need to contact your internet service provider for help.
Tip: Before proceeding forward go to downdetector and check for netflix outage. If the netflix is down in your are then you need to wait for some time for Netflix to fix the issue from their end.
Related: Netflix error code ui-800-3
Power Cycle Your LG Smart TV and Router
If your internet is working properly and still Netflix is not working on your LG smart tv. Then a power cycle of LG tv can help you in fixing the issue with your Netflix app. Follow the steps below.
- Unplug your LG smart tv from the power outlet.
- Now press and hold the power button on your tv for 10-20 seconds.
- Unplug your router.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Then first plug in your router and let it turn on completely.
- Now turn on your LG smart tv.
Launch the Netflix app and check if the issue is resolved. The power cycle will fix the Netflix not working on most of LG tv. But if you’re still getting the issue then there are other fixes mentioned below on how to fix Netflix not working or not available on the LG content store.
Reinstall Netflix App on LG Smart TV
Reinstalling Netflix on your LG smart tv can help you in fixing Netflix issues on your LG smart tv. If Netflix is not working properly then removing and re-adding Netflix will clear any corrupted data from your LG smart tv. After that, the issue will be resolved on your LG tv.
- Press the home button on your LG remote.
- Now move to the right end and select the pencil icon to enter edit mode.
- Now locate Netflix and press the up button to select the x icon above Netflix.
- Press ok to remove Netflix from your LG tv.
- Now restart your LG smart tv.
- Go to the home screen and select LG content store.
- Now select apps and games.
- Search for Netflix and select it.
- Now select install.
After reinstalling Netflix on your LG smart tv, check if Netflix is working properly or not on your LG smart tv. If you’re not able to install Netflix on your LG smart tv and getting a content not available in the content store. Then follow the fix mentioned below.
Related: Fix LG tv black screen
Netflix Not Installing or Not Available on LG Content Store
If you’re unable to install Netflix on your LG smart tv or if your Netflix app is missing from your lg content store. Then changing or correcting the location settings can help you in resolving the issue. For making changes in your location settings follow the steps below:
- Go settings on your LG tv.
- Now go to general.
- Select the location option from the list.
- Now set the correct location according to your location.
- After setting the correct location restart your tv and go to the LG content store.
- Search for Netflix and now you’ll able to install Netflix on your LG smart tv.
- If you’re still getting the issue after setting the correct location then you need to set your location to places like Australia, USA where Netflix is available.
- After changing the location to Australia, the USA, or a country near to your country where Netflix is available. You’ll be able to install and use Netflix on your LG smart tv.
After tweaking the location setting Netflix will start working properly on your LG smart tv. Now you can also install the latest version or Netflix from lg content store without any error. If the issue persists then you can try resetting your LG smart tv.
Tip: If Netflix is not working on your LG smart tv then make sure that the date and time are set correctly on your LG tv. For fixing time and date go to settings and select all settings>general>data and time> now make sure set automatically is turned on.
Also check: Fix tcl roku tv black screen
Update Your LG Smart TV
Outdated lg smart tv firmware can cause issue in using Netflix on your lg smart tv. If you’ve not updated your lg smart tv from a long time, then updating your lg tv firmware can help you in fixing this issue.
- Press the settings button on your lg smart tv remote.
- Now scroll down and select all settings.
- Scroll down and select general option.
- Scroll down and select about this tv.
- Now select check for updates.
- Download and install the latest version of lg tv firmware.
After updating lg smart tv, reboot your smart tv. Now launch Netflix and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Reset LG Smart TV to Initial Settings
If Netflix is still not working on your LG tv, then resetting your tv to a factory setting will fix the issue. For resetting your LG tv follow the steps below:
- Press the setting button on your remote and select all settings.
- Scroll down and select general.
- Scroll down and select Reset to initial settings.
- After resetting your LG tv install Netflix on your LG tv.
Resetting your LG tv will fix the Netflix not working problem.