LG TVs have a built-in web browser, but finding some sites you want to visit can be pretty hard. When you try connecting an LG Smart TV to the internet and discover that the web browser is not working, you can be left confused and wondering why. Many times, this is due to an issue with your home network or router. This is where you need to search for a solution that will work for you and fix this issue as soon as possible.
Today’s post is intended for those LG TV users encountering the LG TV web browser not working related issues. Here you’ll find all the answers to your questions.
Can you access web browser with LG Smart TV?
Yes, LG TV webOS Tv has this feature/option to use a web browser. To access this, navigate the Home screen and select the Web Browser option.
However, you might experience some problems with your web browser. In that case, below are some guides that will help you in preventing the issue.
How to Fix Web Browser on LG Smart TV?
We’ve researched a bit and gathered some solutions that will help you in resolving the “LG TV web browser not working” issue.
Try Relaunching the Browser
The first thing you can try is, relaunching the web browser of your LG TV. This will stop the running processes and refreshes your web browser. To do so,
- Exit from your Web Browser.
- Now, wait for a while.
- And turn it back on.
- At last, try to search or stream a show or movie.
Lg tv web browser youtube not working
Some users could not use youtube (on the web browser) on their LG TV. To get this issue fixed, try to verify the things that are listed below;
- Verify your internet speed.
- Is your Router/Modem working fine?
- Ensure that your TV is running on the latest firmware.
Unplug your Router/Modem/TV
If restarting the web browser didn’t help you and you’re still encountering the issue, then there can be some possibilities that either your internet or Tv is facing some problems. So, try rebooting them.
- Turn off your Router/Modem and TV.
- Now, unplug them from their power source
- Wait for 3-5 minutes.
- After that, plug them back into the wall outlet and turn them on.
- Wait until the router establishes the connection properly.
Once it’s done, launch the LG TV web browser and try using it. Check if this resolves the issue or not. If it persists, move on to the next step.
Beware of items that cause interference
Still unable to use the web browser of your LG TV? There might be some items between or near your router and TV that are causing the interference. Below are some household electronics that can cause interference, such as;
- Baby monitors,
- Microwaves and,
- Cordless Phones.
Connect your TV with another network
Unable to get past the “LG TV Browser not working” issue? In this scenario, try connecting your LG TV with another network; it can be your phone’s hotspot, another home router, or a neighbor’s network.
To connect your TV with another network;
- Firstly, disconnect your LG TV from your connected network.
- Turn on another network (the phone’s internet > hotspot).
- After that, locate your phone’s Wi-Fi name in the TV’s available network list.
Update your LG TV Software
There were some instances where using the TV or devices on outdated firmware/software can lead users to such issues. And updating the device’s software to its available version fixed the problem. So, try checking for updates on your LG TV, and if there’s any, start updating.
LG TV web browser not working after update?
Is your LG TV web browser not working after updating the software of your LG TV? In this case, you can try clearing the browser cache of your LG TV web browser. If you don’t know how to clear the browsing cache, we’re to help you follow the below steps and clear it.
- Head to the Web Browser on your LG TV.
- Open it and click on the Three Horizontal lines at the top right corner of your tv screen.
- Select Settings > Clear Browsing Data, and your browsing cache and data will be deleted.
- After that, select the search bar and visit the desired website.
Lg tv web browser not opening
You might encounter such issues if your TV has a software bug or glitch. In such cases, basic troubleshooting steps can help you out. To get rid of this, try following the steps instructed above; if nothing works for you, try resetting your LG TV to its factory settings.
Is the “LG TV web browser not working” or “LG TV web browser not opening” issue persist? This is your last step; try performing it and reset your LG TV to its default settings. To perform a factory reset on your LG TV,
- Press the Smart button on your LG remote.
- Now, navigate to the Settings > General > Reset to Initial Settings.
- After your LG TV restart, set up your TV and start using the Web browser.
Contact LG Support
Nothing is helping out, and you’re unable to browse on your LG TV web browser; try contacting LG customer support, explain your problem and ask them to resolve or provide you the solution to fix the issue.
How do I change my web browser on my LG smart tv?
To change your web browser, open the web browser on your LG Smart Tv and choose the search engine you want to. But, if you’re going to use the app of a particular web browser. Then, you can download it using the web browser. Download the Web browser apk from the LG TV browser and run the package installer.
Can I install Chrome on LG Smart TV?
Yes, there’s a way to install the Chrome browser on your LG Smart TV. Below are the steps that will guide you on how you can install the chrome browser on your LG Smart TV.
Ensure that your internet and LG TV web browser are working fine.
- Launch the Web Browser on your LG Smart TV.
- Now, visit Google.com, then click on Download.
- Follow the prompt instructions and run Google Chrome using the package installer.
How do I update web browser on LG Smart TV?
Want to upgrade the LG Smart TV’s web browser? There’s no such option to update the LG TV web browser separately. The only way to upgrade the web browser is to update the LG Smart TV software to its latest release. To do so, check if there’s any latest software update available;
- Head to the General Setting of your LG Smart TV.
- Now, head to About this TV and then select Check for updates.
- Download it if any is available.
Your LG TV web browser will be updated to its latest upgrade.
More Helping Guides: