Recently updated on January 2nd, 2023 at 10:14 am
How to fix an LG television stuck on one channel? Watching TV shows and movies on LG TVs is a great experience. It can be frustrating to try and watch your planned or desired shows if the TV’s stuck on one channel when you use a cable or subscription service.
It seems like this has been happening to everyone because there are many people who face this issue.
If you are one of them, don’t worry! Using our guide today, you can fix your LG smart TV stuck on one channel issue with easy steps.
But, before moving to the fixes, check the listed reasons why your TV stuck on one channel;
- Remote batteries are drained out.
- A temporary bug or glitch.
- Faulty Motherboard.
How to fix LG TV stuck on one channel?
You can fix an LG TV stuck on one channel issue by replacing the remote batteries with the new sets, rebooting your TV, or resetting your LG TV to its initial settings.
Check your Remote
If your LG TV is stuck on one channel, there could be a possibility that your LG TV remote is having some problems.
To rectify the issue, follow the below instructions to check if your remote is working or not;
- Turn on the Camera on your phone and point your remote (IR side) towards it.
- Now, press all the navigation buttons on your remote.
- Your remote is working fine if you see a flashing bluish/whitish light. If you don’t see any light, try changing your remote’s batteries.
Try Changing the Remote Batteries
To change or replace the batteries on your remote;
- Remove the back lid of the battery compartment.
- And then replace the old batteries with the new ones.
After changing the batteries, try switching/changing the channel. If it doesn’t, you need to buy a new remote for your TV or move on to the following method.
Try an Alternate Way To Change Channel
If changing the batteries doesn’t work for you, there are two ways to change the channels. To change the stuck channel on your LG TV;
Use TVs Control;
- Press the Navigation button given on your LG TV.
- Check if you’re able to change the channel.
Use LG ThinQ;
- Launch the LG ThinQ app on your smartphone. If you don’t have one, then download it.
- Connect your LG TV with the ThinQ app and use the Virtual remote to change the channel.
Does this work for you? If not, then try following the next method.
Related: LG TV says “No Signal/No Programme.”
Reboot Your TV
If your LG TV’s still stuck on the same channel, there might be a random software bug or glitch causing the issue. And performing a reboot on your TV can fix this.
Here’s how to do this;
- Turn off your TV and unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- And plug the cable back into the outlet and turn on your TV.
Factory Reset Your TV
In some cases, rebooting the TV fixes the issue for a short period. If you’re experiencing the same issue, you need to reset your LG TV to its initial settings.
Doing this will remove all your saved preferences, settings, and downloaded contents and revert all your saved settings to the default factory settings.
To perform a reset;
Note: You can access the settings via TV buttons and virtual remote.
- Press the Smart or Home button on your remote.
- Now, head to Settings > All Settings.
- Then, navigate to General and select Reset to Initial Settings.
- After that, select the on-screen instruction to factory reset and then set up your TV again.
If you’re unable to access the Settings, then try following the steps given below;
- Press and hold the Power button given on your TV side/bottom panel.
- Hold it for 10-15 seconds or until your TV turns off.
- After that, your TV will turn back on once the reset is done.
Also, check the other ways to Reset your LG Smart TV.
Contact LG Support
If nothing helps you out, there is a high chance of an issue with your LG TVs motherboard. In this scenario, we suggest contacting LG customer support.
More Helpful Guides;