LG TV is a great TV that comes with multiple features. Recently many LG tv owners are claiming that some settings options on their LG smart tv are greyed out. The options that can be greyed out under certain conditions are Bluetooth, picture settings, settings option, advanced wifi option and network settings, aspect ratio, reset option, av sync adjustment, sound settings, smart picture mode, and game, etc. These options and menus sometimes get greyed out under various conditions. But don’t worry you can easily fix such issues by following some steps. In this post, we’re going to explain how you can fix it if one of these options is greyed out.
Quick Fix For Any Settings or Menus Option Greyed Out
If you’re facing options, menus, and settings option greyed out issue on your LG smart tv. Then a quick power cycle can help you in fixing this issue. The power cycle will kick out any technical glitches that can cause this problem. To properly power cycle your LG smart tv follow the steps below.
- Turn off your LG smart tv.
- Now unplug your LG smart tv from the power outlet.
- Press the power button on your LG smart tv for 15-30 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Plug in your smart tv and turn it on.
Now you’ll be able to access and use menus and settings option without any issues. If in case the options are still greyed out then you can try the other fixes mentioned below.
Network Settings/ Advanced Wifi Settings Greyed Out
If you’re unable to access the network settings option, then this can sometimes happen due to a technical bug or due to outdated software. To fix this issue you can try connecting your LG tv directly to the router. Use an ethernet cable and connect your LG smart tv directly to the router. Now, wait for some time until your wifi is configured. Now check if the network settings options are working or not. If not then follow the steps below to manually download and install the software update on your LG smart tv.
- Visit here – https://www.LG.com/us/support/software-firmware-driversNow download the latest version of firmware for your LG smart tv.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Now copy and paste the .epk firmware update file on a USB.
- Connect your USB drive to the LG smart tv.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to update your LG tv firmware to its latest version.
Now after updating your LG smart tv, check if the network settings option greyed out the problem is fixed or not.
Update Firmware On LG Smart TV
An oudated LG Smart tv can cause isses on your device. sometimes you can get greyed out option because of outdated firmware. To fix this issue make sure your lg smart tv firmware is up to date. Follow the steps below to update your lg tv.
- Press the gear icon on your remote.
- Go to the bottom of the TV and select all settings.
- Select the general option from the left side of the screen.
- Navigate to the about this TV.
- Select download and install.
If the software update or other option are greyed out then you can follow the steps above to manually update firmware of your lg smart tv.
Fix LG TV Picture Settings Option Greyed Out
Recently many people have reported that picture settings on their LG smart tv are greyed out after connecting their ps4 or pc to tv. This happens when the handshake fails between your ps4 and LG smart tv. To currently there is no fix for LG tv picture settings greyed out when connecting to ps4. But there is a workaround for this issue. Just remove the HDMI cable connected to your LG smart tv. Now you will be able to access LG tv picture options. Now set your LG tv picture settings according to your need, then connect your ps4 to LG tv again.
Some users said that they were able to fix this issue by making the change to the genre selection option on their LG tv.
- Press the settings button on your LG tv remote.
- Select all settings.
- Now select the general option.
- Select AI Service.
- Now turn off auto genre selection.
Check if you’re able to access picture settings or not.
If you’re facing this issue while using your pc then disable the g sync option.
- Right-click on the windows desktop home screen.
- Now select the Nvidia control panel.
- Select setup g-sync.
- Now uncheck the box next to enable g-sync compatible.
After disabling g-sync check if you’re able to access picture settings or not.
Fix LG TV Bluetooth Option Greyed Out
If you are not able to connect your Bluetooth with your headset because it is greyed out so you have to hard reset your LG TV by our previous method and after hard resetting the TV you can’t connect the Bluetooth then we have tricks to connect your device with Bluetooth, to do this
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Then click on the settings icon.
- Click on sound and sound out two times.
- Press device selection and choose your device.
- Check if the Bluetooth device is turned on before proceeding with the steps above.
If this doesn’t work then try hard reset/power cycle by following the steps above. If the issue persists then try the factory reset from below.
Related: Fix lg tv no picture but sound
Factory Reset Your LG Smart TV
Remember when you factory reset the TV you will lose all your TV data settings as well as all your WI-FI and wired settings, google account, and other information. To factory reset your LG smart tv follow the steps below.
- Press the setting key on your remote.
- Select all settings from the bottom of the TV.
- Go to the general from the left option.
- Select reset to initial settings.
- Select Reset to confirm it.
Factory Reset Option Greyed Out on LG Smart TV
Many users are unable to reset their LG smart tv, as the reset option on their LG tv is greyed out. In this scenario, you need to make sure you are on the right source. To do this try changing the source, press the input button on your LG tv, and select the source as tv or any other than the one you’re currently using. Now check if you’re able to access the reset option or not on your LG smart tv.
If this doesn’t work, then maybe your LG smart tv is in hotel mode, to disable this follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the menu button for 5-10 seconds or until your see some option on the top of your screen.
- Now enter 1105 and press enter.
- Now disable hotel mode.
After disabling hotel mode you’ll be able to access LG tv reset menus and other options without any issue. If the issue persists then contact lg team for help. They can help you in fixing lg tv option greyed out.
Also check our post on how to fix lg tv keeps restarting.