Is your LG TV showing a ‘No Signal’ message on the screen?
It is a common problem, to face no signal on LG TV. A lot of people have faced this problem, which has led to lots of frustration over the years.
No signal messages can appear on LG TVs due to poor signal strength, incorrect TV inputs, or not powered-on connected devices.
This blog will help you to find the solutions for your LG TV no signal issues in easy-to-understand language.
How to remove No Signal from LG TV?
To fix No Signal issue on your LG TV, unplug the LG TV’s power cable from the power source and wait for 60 seconds. Afterward, plug the LG TV’s power cable back into the power source and turn it on.
Fix: No Signal on LG TV while connected to External Device
Method 1: External Device is Turned On
If you’re getting the No Signal issue while connected to an External Device, then you need to ensure that the connected device is completely turned on and not in sleep or standby mode.
In case, if you’re using a Laptop or PC, then try reconnecting the HDMI cable.
Method 2: Check TV Input Source
LG TV inputs can switch automatically to another input when HDMI-CEC enabled devices are connected and their settings are enabled.
To check the LG TV input source;
- Press and hold the Input button on LG TV remote.
- Now, select the correct source.
Method 3: Try Another HDMI Input
If the “No Signal” issue continues on the screen, then try connecting your external device to another HDMI input. To do so, follow the steps as given below;
- Disconnect the device HDMI cable from the current input.
- Now, connect it to another HDMI input (HDMI 2 or HDMI 3).
- After connecting the device to another LG TV HDMI input, press and hold the Input button on your remote.
- Then, select the correct input source and press OK.
Method 4: Check the HDMI cable
You may face a No Signal issue if your HDMI cable is having some issues. A loose, frayed or faulty HDMI cable can cause such signal/connection issues between your connected devices and TV.
Make sure that the HDMI cable is securely connected both to your TV and your device. Also, check the condition of the cable. If the cable is frayed or damaged, replace it with a new one.
Fix: No Signal on LG TV while Streaming Apps or Channels
Method 1: Switch to different Channel or App
If you’re getting a No Signal issue while streaming a specific channel or app, then try switching to another channel or app.
If you didn’t get a No Signal issue there, then head to the previous channel or app and your issue of No Signal should be no longer.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall App
If you’re getting the No Signal issue with a specific app, then there might be some issue with your app. To fix this, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app on your LG TV.
To do so,
- Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
- Head to the App you’re facing No Signal issue.
- Now, highlight that app and press and hold it.
- After this, select X and remove the App.
- Head to the LG Content Store.
- Now, search the App you’ve deleted.
- Once you locate it, install it on your LG TV.
Method 3: Verify your Internet Connection
If the No Signal issue persists on your App or Channel while streaming on LG TV, then there might be some issue with your internet connection.
You may encounter such signal/connection issues due to poor, weak or slow internet connection.
To check your internet speed, head to fast.com or speedtest.net.
If you’re getting a low bandwidth, restarting the router or modem can help in resolving such network issues. To restart your router or modem, follow the below steps;
- Turn off and unplug the router/modem from the outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- And, then plug it back into the outlet. Wait until your router/modem reboot completely.
- Afterward, launch the App on your LG TV and check if the No Signal issue persists.
Related: LG TV Disconnecting From Wi-Fi.
Fix: No Signal on LG TV while connected to Antenna
Method 1: Check the Signal Strength and Signal Quality
Your TV may display a NO signal message when there is low signal strength or poor signal quality.
If you’re getting a No Signal message on a specific channel, then follow the below steps to check Signal Strength and Signal Quality of a channel;
- Head to the Settings, then scroll to the All Settings.
- Next, navigate to Channel Tuning and then Manual Tuning.
Note: A signal’s strength and quality should remain over 80%. If a signal is below 80%, a specific channel may have poor picture quality or programming.
Method 2: Realign your TV Antenna
A slight shift in the antenna position could result in signal strength and signal quality dropping below what is required by your LG TV. The antenna may need to be realigned if previously available channels no longer appear or the picture quality has dropped.
Method 3: Perform a Auto-Tuning
In order for your antenna to be able to detect and provide you with a good picture, you should perform auto tuning on the desired channel.
To perform Auto-Tuning,
- Navigate to the Settings, then scroll to All Settings.
- Now, head to the Channels > Channel Tuning > Auto Tuning.
- Next, select Antenna DTV and then select Start.
Contact LG Support
Seems like you’re still getting the No Signal on your LG TV screen. If so, you need to contact the LG TV Customer Support.
Visit the LG Contact US page, and choose any of the support such as Chat with Us, Repair Services (From here you can find a nearest service center as well), Email Us or Customer Support – 850-999-4934 or 800-243-0000.
If this post helped you, then also check this guide on LG TV Keeps Turning On and Off.