Recently updated on June 1st, 2022 at 12:44 pm
As we all know, LG is one of the formidable and trusted brands in the TV industry. However, there are some instances where you may encounter issues with your LG Tv. Some users reported that their LG Tv keeps disconnecting from wifi, and if you’re experiencing the same problem on your LG TV and looking for fixes, then you’ve come to the right place.
In today’s post, we’re going to explain what causes your LG TV keeps disconnecting from wifi and how you can get rid of this.
Why Does My LG Smart TV Keeps Disconnecting From WiFi?
Well, there can be various factors that might cause your “LG TV keeps disconnecting from wifi” issue.
- Poor Internet Connectivity: If your internet connection is encountering some problem, then it can cause your LG Tv to keep on disconnecting from wifi. So, ensure to check if your internet is working fine or not.
- Outdated Firmware: If the firmware of your Tv is outdated, then you can face such issues on your TV. Keeping the Tv’s firmware up-to-date enhances the performance functionality and fixes the bugs and glitches on your TV.
- Faulty wifi module/chip: There can be some possibility that your LG TV’s wifi module is defective or got damaged.
How Do I Fix The WiFi Dropping Issue on My LG TV?
We’ve gathered some of the best working solutions to resolve the “LG TV keeps disconnecting from wifi” issue.
Restart TV and Router
If you haven’t done this, let’s try to resolve this issue by performing a simple power cycle of your LG TV and router. Performing a power cycle refreshes the tv’s software and clears the minor glitches and bugs. And, performing a restart on your router does the same job.
- Turn off your LG TV and router, then unplug the power cable/adapter from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for 60 seconds.
- After that, plug in the power cable/adapter back into the wall outlet and turn on your TV and Router.
Check if this works for you. If not, move on to the following method.
Disable Quick Start
If restarting the tv and router doesn’t do the job, try turning off the quick start feature. To do so, go through with the steps below;
- Head to the Settings or press the Settings button on your remote.
- Now, navigate to the All Settings, then select General.
- Select Quickstart > Off.
- After that, reboot your LG Tv and connect your TV to the network.
Also check: Fix firestick keeps disconnecting from wifi
Some LG users claimed that disabling the simplink feature fixes the LG tv keeps disconnecting from the wifi issue. To turn it off, follow the given steps;
- Press the Settings button on your TV remote.
- Then, navigate to the All Settings and select General.
- Now, select Simplink (HDMI-CEC) > Off.
- After that, restart your LG TV and check if this resolves the issue.
Remove the USB Drive
If you’re still facing the issue on your LG tv, there are some instances where a USB drive may cause some interference, So try to remove the attached USB drive or device from the USB port and check if this works for you.
Change the Date and Time
There were instances where a wrong time and date could cause an issue with your internet connectivity. So, ensure to check if the date and time were set correctly.
- Press the Settings button given on your LG TV remote.
- Now, navigate to the All Settings then, head to the General.
- After that, select Time and Data and set it according to your Time Zone.
- Lastly, perform a restart and check if this fixes the issue.
Change Location Settings on Your LG Smart TV
Earlier, some LG TV users reported and claimed that changing the location of their LG TV fixes the issue. Well, changing the location is pretty simple, to do so;
- Press the Settings button on your remote.
- Now, head to the General.
- After that, navigate to the LG Services Country and change your Tv’s location.
- Now, restart your TV, navigate the LG Services Country again, and select your actual location.
- Lastly, accept the User License Agreement and check if this works for you.
Try Using Ethernet For Connecting Your LG TV to Internet or WPS Connection
Try connecting your LG TV using an Ethernet cable/cord if it’s still there. If you don’t have an ethernet cable, then use the Connect via WPS PIN option in the network settings.
- Press the Settings button given on your remote.
- Now, head to the All Settings and locate the Network option.
- After that, navigate to the wifi Connection and select Connect via WPS PIN.
Note: If the pin code option is grayed out, try connecting your TV with a wireless network first, and then the WPS option/AdvancedWireless option will be available.
Remove the Obstacles
If there are any obstacles or items between the router and TV, try removing and placing them in another place. Below are some household electronic appliances that can interfere with your TV and router.
- Cordless phone/Walkie-Talkie,
- Baby monitor and,
- Microwave oven.
If any of the items were placed between your TV and router, try removing it and check if this works for you.
Use Mobile Hotspot
If you tried the troubleshooting steps on your LG tv and your router and still the issue persists, there’s a simple step that might get you rid of this issue. So, try to turn off your router and turn on the hotspot on your smartphone (with enabled internet). Now, connect your LG tv with your Smartphone network and check if this fixes the issue.
How Do I Update My LG TV Firmware?
By navigating through the simple steps, you can locate the Software update option and check for available updates for your TV.
Update your LG TV
You can only update your LG tv firmware if the hard-line is connected to the TV or using a mobile hotspot works for you. To check for updates, follow the below steps;
- Press the Settings button on your TV remote.
- Now, head to the All Settings then, navigate to the General.
- After that, head to the About this TV and select Check for updates.
- Lastly, check if any update is available for TV and if any, download it and restart your TV. This might resolve the issue.
How Do I Reset My LG Smart TV?
Reset to Initial Settings
If none of the above fails to fix the “LG TV keeps disconnecting from wifi” issue, try to reset your LG to its initial settings and check if this works for you. Resetting your TV to its initial settings will remove all your stored files and data from the TV.
- Press the Settings button on your TV remote
- Navigate to the System.
- Now, select Reset to Initial settings and set up your device again.
- Lastly, check if this resolves the issue.
Even resetting the TV to its factory settings fails to do the job; check the below icon. Check if any icons are missing the green color.
First of all, head to the Advanced wifi Settings to do so;
- Press the Settings button on your remote and head to the All Settings.
- Now, navigate to the Network option, then select Wired Connection (If using an ethernet cable) or wifi connection (if using a wireless connection).
- Then, select Advanced wifi settings and check if TV ICON, MODEM ICON, DNS ICON, and INTERNET ICON is missing the green circle; if any icon is missing, then follow the steps as instructed;
And, if none of the icons is missing a green circle, then follow the above steps once again.
- If the TV icon is missing green,
We recommend calling LG customer support or a technician. Their professional will diagnose your Tv properly.
- If the Modem icon is missing green,
It means that your modem wasn’t connected to the TV. Try to verify all the cables and connections of your modem and check if this works.
- If DNS ICON is missing green,
Try to enter Google’s Public DNS, navigate to the DNS Server and enter 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168
- If INTERNET ICON is missing green,
Try rebooting your router, and if this doesn’t work. Try calling your ISP.
LG Smart TV WiFi Chip is Not Working
If you’re still encountering the issue, there are some chances that your wifi chip is not functioning correctly. In this case, we recommend you call LG’s customer support or visit LG’s service center and request repair. Also check how you can fix lg tv black screen issue.