Is your LG tv brightness keeps changing, or are you getting a dim or lg tv screen is darker than normal? Then don’t worry this is one of the most common issues faced by many LG tv owners. Faulty or improper picture settings are the main reason for your LG tv being dark or dim than normal. Sometimes you can face this issue because of a hardware issue also. Today in this post we’ve gathered some of the working fixes that can help you in resolving the dim screen issue on your LG smart tv.
Fix LG tv Dim Screen Issue
Restart Your Lg TV
So, before taking any main steps to resolve this dark screen issue, try to restart your LG smart TV. Some of the affected users claimed that restarting the smart tv help them in fixing the dim screen issue.
Follow the basic steps for restarting the smart tv:-
- To restart, press the power button on your LG Tv remote and once your smart tv switches off. Wait for a few seconds and then press the power button again. Check whether this step helps you or not.
- If not then turn off your tv, then remove the power cable from the power outlet for 5-10 minutes. Now turn on your tv and check if you’re still facing the issue or not.
Change the Picture Mode settings
First of all, press the SMART (Home icon) on your LG smart Tv remote.
Now, navigate to the Settings (wrench icon) options (will find the settings option at the bottom).
Locate the Mode settings and verify that your mode settings are set for HOME USE, not for demo or store use.
Turn off Energy Saving Mode
Nowadays most smart tv comes with power saving mode/energy-saving mode. This is usually turned on when you purchase a new smart tv. As the name suggests in the energy-saving mode you’ll get downgraded picture quality and you might face issues with your brightness. You can follow the steps below to turn off energy-saving mode on your LG smart tv.
- Press the settings button on your LG tv remote.
- Now, move towards Settings options (wrench icon) options (will find the settings option at the bottom).
- Lastly, navigate to the Picture option and select the energy-saving option, now turn off energy-saving mode.
Related: Fix LG Tv black screen of death
Change Picture Mode on Your LG Smart TV
Changing the picture mode on your LG smart tv can help you in fixing the brightness issue on your LG tv. There are many modes available on your LG smart tv. You need to select vivid mode by following the steps below for the highest picture quality, brightness, backlight, etc.
- Press the settings to button your LG tv remote.
- Now select all settings from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select the picture option.
- Now select picture mode settings.
- Now select vivid from the list.
After changing picture mode settings check if you’re still facing a dim screen issue on your LG smart tv.
Change the settings manually
To get rid of this dim screen issue, try to change the picture settings manually, follow the steps to adjust the settings manually:
- Press the settings button on your LG smart Tv remote.
- Now, move towards all Settings options (wrench icon) options (will find the settings option at the bottom).
- Lastly, navigate to the picture option and locate Picture Mode, under the picture mode you’ll get the option to change the settings of backlight, contrast, brightness, and so on.
- Now adjust the backlight, contrast, brightness according to your preferences.
Now dim screen issue will be resolved on your LG smart tv.
Related: Tcl roku tv dim screen issue fixed
Turn off Local Dimming On LG Tv
Turning off the local dimming option from your picture settings can help you in fixing the lg tv screen is darker than normal problem. Follow the steps below for turning off the local dimming option
- Press the setting button on your remote.
- Now select all settings.
- Select picture.
- Now select picture mode settings.
- Scroll down and select picture options.
- Now select the led local dimming option.
- Now select off.
- Go back and again go back to picture mode settings.
- Scroll down and select apply to all inputs.
- If asked for confirmation select yes.
Now check if you are still facing a dim screen issue on your LG tv or not.
Also check: Fix for sony tv black screen of death
LG TV Dark Screen on One Side
Many users are facing a dark screen on one side or top of their LG smart tv screen is dim or too dark. When a user turns on their LG tv sometimes the left side or for some users right side is very dark and dim then the opposite side. Some users are facing completely pitch black on one side of their smart tv. Below we’ve mentioned two working fixes you can try.
- Unplug your LG tv from power.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now turn it back on and check.
For most users, this problem will be fixed by the power cycle.
You can face LG tv dark screen on one side (right/left) because of loose wire. Putting pressure on the dark side of LG tv can fix the problem for you.
- Place your one hand on the backside of your LG tv (on the dark part of the screen).
- Now place your other hand on the front side of the screen. Make sure both hands are on the dark side of the screen.
- Now first clap your hand gently and see if the dark screen on the right side of the LG tv is fixed or not.
- If not then again clap your hand on LG tv darker side together, but this time fairly harder than the previous time.
- Now check if the LG tv dark screen on one side issue is fixed or not.
If this doesn’t fix the LG tv too dark on one side problem then this can be a hardware issue. For that, you need to contact your manufacturer or a technician for help.
Reset the Picture Mode
If the above-mentioned steps failed to help you out, then try out this last step may this one help you some of the affected users were able to fix this issue by resetting the picture mode,
To reset the picture mode try the following ways:
- Press the Mute button 3 times and then select AV reset.
- Once you select the AV reset option, this message “Resetting AV Value” will pop up on the top right corner of your Tv screen.
- Press the settings button on your tv remote.
- Now select all settings.
- Now select the picture.
- Select picture mode settings.
- Scroll down and select Reset.
After resetting check if the dim/dark screen issue is fixed on your LG smart tv. If for some reason you’re still facing a dim screen problem on your LG smart tv, then contact the LG team for help. The technician at LG can help you in fixing the LG tv brightness/ dim screen problem.
If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix insignia tv stuck on loading screen.