Some LG Tv users reported that after updating to LG smart TV, they have noticed that the Bluetooth component is not working. If you are one of them, this content should help you troubleshoot the issue regardless of the underlying cause.
Why is LG Smart TV Bluetooth Not Working?
But before we move to the fixes, let’s go over the most common causes that will break functionality on LG TV.
- Bluetooth is disabled: Make sure the Bluetooth Device you are connecting is turned on and check the LG TV Bluetooth settings if turned off.
- The huge distance between TV and Device: If you keep the huge distance between your TV and the Device, you should make sure any devices you are trying to pair are five feet away from one another.
- Generic Bluetooth issue: As with any other component, Bluetooth is interconnected with many devices that create temporary files when you connect to new devices. Sometimes these files lead to a generic issue.
- Outdated LG TV firmware: Your LG TV firmware can be the culprit of Bluetooth not connecting issues. If you are using your TV on outdated software, then it can lead your TV to such issues.
- Compatibility issue: Maybe the Device you are connecting with LG TV is incompatible like LG TV does not support every Device; if you want to connect the speaker with the LG TV, you need to buy only LG speakers.
How do I fix it if LG TV Bluetooth not working?
Now that you know all the possible causes of this Bluetooth issue on your LG TV, let’s see over the actual fixes.
Before moving to the solution, you need to check whether your Lg Tv is in pairing mode; otherwise, you can’t access Bluetooth on your Tv. To enable Bluetooth in pairing mode, follow the below-listed steps.
- Enable Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings.
- Another way to turn it on is by tapping the Bluetooth switch.
- You will get the Device at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are asked for the pin, type 0000 on your LG TV.
- When the Device connects, you can check next to your LG device.
If you have an LG QLED, QNED Mini LED, NanoCell, or 4K Ultra, here’s the way to turn on the Bluetooth on these LG TVs;
Before connecting your Device to your LG TV, ensure that your Bluetooth device’s Bluetooth/pairing mode is turned on and it’s searching for nearby devices.
For ex- Oneplus buds have an action button on the back of their case, and holding it for a while puts the buds in pairing mode. Also, on Air pods, there’s a button on its case, and holding it for a while also puts the air pods in pairing mode.
We are trying to say that your Bluetooth device also has an action or pairing button. Try locating it and holding it to turn on the pairing mode. Once you locate it, follow the below steps;
- Head to the Menu of your LG TV and,
- Navigate to Settings and then select the Advanced Settings option.
- Now, scroll to the Sound menu and select Sound Out > Bluetooth. Ensure that your Bluetooth device(headphone/soundbar) you’re connecting is in pairing mode.
- After that, select Bluetooth Device List and search for your Device.
It will take a while to connect properly; if it’s not appearing, try connecting your Device again.
LG TV Hates Long Distance Relationship
One thing is very common among all bluetooth device, which is distance. The device connected with the lg tv need be within 30 feets for stable connection. Or else lg smart tv will end the connection with the device. To avoid this situation make sure that your device and lg tv are not in long distance relationship.
One thing we found that lg smart tv remote can interfere with your lg tv and the bluetooth device connected to it. The device can start dropping signal is you are using your remote. Some users reported to have fixed the problem by not too much touching their remote while using lg tv with a bluetooth device.
Forget your Bluetooth Device
If the above steps didn’t help you and your Bluetooth device is still not connecting with your LG TVs Bluetooth. Try forgetting and reconnecting your Device.
Here’s how to do it;
- Head to the Settings of your LG TV.
- Now, navigate to the Advanced Settings option and select the Soundmenu.
- After that, choose Sound Out > Bluetooth and open the Bluetooth Paired Device List.
- Lastly, forget or remove your Device and reboot your Tv.
Once your TV reboot, head to the Bluetooth section and search for your Device again.
Power Cycle LG TV
If you’re still encountering the issue, it may be because a temporary malfunctioning of the LG TV is stopping the Bluetooth from working. And to fix this, try power cycling the LG TV;
- Power off LG TV and unplug it from its power source.
- Now, wait for 5 minutes.
- And then plug the tv back into the power source.
- After that, power on the TV and check if the Bluetooth issue is resolved.
If the problem persists,
- Hold down the power button on your remote.
- When the Tv restarts and the LG logo appears on the screen, release the power button on the remote and check if the LG TV is working fine.
Disconnect ARC Connection
If ARC (Audio Return Channel) is connected to your LG TV, we suggest you disconnect the ARC from your TV. Some affected users reported that after disconnecting the ARC cable, they were able to connect their Bluetooth headphones and soundbars.
Try disconnecting the ARC connection, navigating to the Bluetooth, and pairing your Bluetooth devices to your LG TV. Check if doing so resolves the “LG TV Bluetooth Not working” issue.
Reset your WI-FI/modem
Sometimes you may face such issues if the internet does not work correctly. It can be due to WI-FI having some trouble, or your WiFi/Modem needs a reset to work correctly. To prevent this, try resetting WI-FI/Modem
- Turn off the WiFi/Modem.
- Unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- And then plug it back.
- Turn on the WI-FI.
Later, try connecting your Bluetooth device to your LG TV.
Is your Headphone running on the latest firmware?
Are you still unable to connect your Bluetooth device to your LG TV? In this scenario, your Bluetooth device must be running on outdated firmware. Try to check if your Bluetooth device is running on the latest firmware.
To check this, head to the Device’s app or Bluetooth list and check if there’s any latest update available for your headsets.
For ex- Oneplus buds has an option to check for the latest available updates.
To check for the latest available updates,
- Head to the Bluetooth on your smartphone and connect your Device with your phone’s Bluetooth
- Now, tap on the Settings next to your headphone/buds and tap on the Headphones option.
- After that, tap on Check for Updates, and it will start checking for updates.
LG soundbars and headphones have this option too. Check if your Bluetooth headset/headphones/buds/soundbar has this option. If there’s any, update your Device to its latest firmware.
Update firmware of LG TV
You may encounter the Bluetooth connection issue on the LG TV if the TV firmware is outdated. It can create in capability between the TVand Bluetooth; updating the LG tv to the latest version may solve the problem.
- Launch the Settings of the LG TV and open All settings.
- Now go to the General tab and select About This TV.
- Enable “Allow automatic updates” and click on the Check for updates.
- If an update is available, then follow the on-screen prompts to update it.
- Once updates are finished, restart it and check whether LG TV connects to Bluetooth or not.
Factory reset LG TV
It’s one of the effective ways to resolve such errors. But before performing this, you need to ensure that resetting the TV to its default settings will delete all the saved information, files, downloaded contents, and apps from the TV.
But as we stated above that, it’s one of the working and effective ways to fix such issues and problems.
To perform the factory reset on your LG Tv;
- Press the Home button on the TV remote and access the Menu.
- Go to the Settings item and select it.
- Go to the General option, select Reset, and follow the resetting procedure.
- Read the warning and click on Confirm and then follow the on-screen instruction.
- Enter the pin if asked and start resetting.
Once your LG TV resets to the default factory settings, set up your account again and try to connect your desired Bluetooth device.
How to turn on Bluetooth on LG tv without remote
If, for some reason, your LG TVs remote isn’t working, try enabling Bluetooth by accessing the Settings using the TVs button (given on the TV’s panel).
Or, if that didn’t help, try to download and install the Virtual remote app on your smartphone and enable Bluetooth and pair your Bluetooth devices to your TV.
How to connect a Bluetooth headset with LG-TV?
To connect the Bluetooth device with LG Tv, follow the scenario below.
You will need to buy a Bluetooth transmitter device. There are many Bluetooth transmitter available in the market. They usually come with an AUX connection, but some come with optical and AUX options.
- Connect the transmitter to the tv via aux or optical. On TV, options set the audio to AUX or optical.
- Switch on the transmitter and pair your headset with the transmitter. Once paired and finished, you can hear the tv audio via your Bluetooth device.
Contact LG Support
If the steps mentioned above didn’t help you and you’re still unable to connect your Bluetooth device to LG TVs Bluetooth. Try contacting LG TV customer support, explain your issue, and ask them to help you.
More helpful guide:
How to fix lg tv arc not working
How to fix lg tv says not programmed
Fix lg tv keeps disconnecting from wifi
Lg tv keeps turning on and off
Lg tv content store not working fixed
Fix lg tv black screen of death