Recently updated on October 31st, 2022 at 01:18 pm
Just like the google play store, the LG content store provides LG smart tv owners the option to install various applications on their LG tv. By using the LG content store users can install apps like Netflix, prime video, Disney plus, etc on their LG smart tv. But recently many LG tv owners are complaining that the LG content store is not working on their LG smart tv. Some users are stating that the LG content store is missing from their LG tv. Some users are getting error content store not available on their LG smart tv. Today in this post we’re going to explain how you can fix LG content store missing, not available, or not working on your LG smart tv.
How Do I Fix LG Content Store Not Working?
You can fix lg tv content store missing, not working issue by restarting your lg tv, setting the correct location in the settings, tweaking the dns settings, updating lg smart tv firmware or by factory resetting your lg tv.
Restart Your LG Smart TV
Restarting your LG smart tv can help you when the content store is not working, opening or loading. This can also help in troubleshooting issues related to the LG content store. To restart your tv properly follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, turn off your LG smart tv.
- Now unplug it from the power outlet and press hold the physical power button on tv for 20-30 seconds.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug your LG tv into the wall and turn it on.
Launch content store on your LG tv and check if you’re able to install apps on your LG tv or not.
Fix your internet connection
Some LG tv users have stated that they were having a problem using the content store due to bad internet connectivity. But after fixing the internet connection or after hard resetting their internet device the issue was fixed. To fix the content store not working on LG tv, hard reset your wifi by following the steps below:
- Unplug your wifi device (eg. Router, modem) from the power outlet.
- Now, wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Now plug in your router and turn it on.
- Connect your LG tv to the wifi.
Now launch the LG content store and check if the issue is fixed or not.
You can still face issues with you lg content store due to wifi issues. If you wifi is still not working, then used your mobile hotspot and check if the lg content store is opening or not. If the content store is functioning properly, then contact your isp for issue with your wifi.
Related: Fix lg tv dim or dark screen on top
Check if your firmware updated
Make sure that your lg smart tv firmware is up to date. Because an outdated lg tv firmware can vsudr s lot of issue while using your lg smart tv. Also updating your lg tv firmware can fix issue with your lg content store.
- Go to setting on your LG tv.
- Now go to all stetting then select general.
- Scroll down and select about this tv.
- Now select automatic update and click on the update button.
- Now your tv will scan for any pending update and install it on your LG tv.
Once your LG tv software is updated, launch the content store and check if it is working or not.
Fix LG Content Store Missing
If your location is set incorrectly then you’ll not be able to find LG content store on your smart tv. Setting location correctly can help in fixing LG content store missing or apps missing from LG content store.
- Press the home button on your remote.
- Select setting then choose all settings.
- Now go to general settings on your LG tv.
- Then select location.
- Now enter your location manually.
- Now restart your LG smart tv.
Now you’ll be able to access the LG content store on your LG smart tv.
Note: LG content store is missing from those LG TVs which are not running on WebOS. If your LG tv predates WebOS then you’ll not be able to access the LG content store. LG content store is also missing from the LG TVs designed for commercial use. So make sure your LG tv has WebOS and it is not a commercial LG smart tv. You’ll get LG content store only in the retail market version of LG smart TVs.
Related: Fix lg tv black screen issue
Fix LG Smart TV Content Store Not Available
Some users reported that they are getting content is unavailable error after searching an app on their LG smart tv. You can face LG content store not available error because of DNS issue. You can follow the steps below for fixing content is unavailable on LG tv.
- Go to setting then select all settings.
- Now select the network option.
- Select your connection type (wifi/wired).
- From the bottom select the edit option.
- Now uncheck set automatically.
- Scroll down to DNS and enter 220.127.116.11 and press enter.
Launch LG content store, now you’ll not face content unavailable issues on your LG tv. If the issue persists then try changing your location by following the steps above.
Reset LG TV to factory settings
If your LG content store is still not working, then factory resetting your LG tv is the only option. This can help in fixing LG content store missing, not available, and not working issue on your LG tv. Note that you’ll lose all your custom settings and download after a factory reset. To factory reset, LG smart tv follows the steps below.
- Go to the home screen and select all settings.
- Go to general settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Reset to initial settings and select ok.
- Once your LG tv restart, complete the setup.
Now you’ll be able to use the LG content store without any issues.
Contact LG TV
If you’re still facing issues with your LG content store, then try contacting LG tv. They can help you in fixing the LG content store not working. You can also check our post on how to fix tcl tv black screen of death.