Recently updated on October 1st, 2022 at 02:17 pm
Insignia is a good brand, and the company is known for making high-quality electronic goods. One of the products that they are popularly known for manufacturing is the smart television. This makes it all the more surprising when people complain about the Insignia fire TV remote not working.
Today’s post covers the causes and fixes of the Insignia Fire TV remote not working. May this guide help you in resolving your problem, and you’ll stream your favorite show without any hassle.
Why is my insignia fire tv remote not working?
Before moving on to the fixes, you need to know why your Insignia fire TV remote is not working. Below are some reasons that could be the cause of this “Insignia fire TV remote not working” issue.
- It may be a glitch or bug that’s causing the issue.
- Your Insignia TV needs a reset, or maybe your TV isn’t connected to the remote.
- Your Insignia Fire TV remote needs a reset or re-pair.
- Your TV remote batteries need a replacement.
- Your Insignia TV remote is broken/damaged and needs a repair or replacement.
How to fix insignia fire tv remote
Here’s a quick solution to fix this, turn off your Insignia TV, then unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wait for 60 seconds. After that, plug the power cord back into the power outlet, then turn on the TV, and your remote should be working fine.
If it’s still not working, and you’re looking for fixes to get rid of the “Insignia Fire TV remote now working” issue? Well, below, we’ve listed some of the working solutions that’ll help you in resolving the issue. All you need to do is follow the given steps as instructed.
Check for batteries
Before moving on to the fixes, check the batteries of your Insignia Fire TV remote. There were instances when the batteries died, and users thought their remote had some fault.
So, try to check the remote batteries or replace the old ones with the new ones and check if your remote has started or is still not working.
How do I reset my Insignia Amazon remote?
Let’s try fixing the issue by following the simple steps, try to reset your remote.
- Open the battery compartment lid and take out the batteries from your remote.
- Now, wait for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, put the batteries back in and try to check if the remote is starting working or not.
What do you do when your Fire Tv remote stops working?
If your Insignia Fire TV remote stops working, there are some chances that your Insignia TV is having some issues in receiving the signals from the remote.
To fix this, you can try resetting your Insignia Fire TV; some users fixed the issue by resetting their TV to its default factory settings. To reset your TV, follow the steps mentioned below.
Reset Insignia Fire Tv
Use the buttons on the TV’s side/back panel or download the remote app.
- Navigate to the “Settings.”
- Now, select the “System” option.
- After that, select “Reset to Factory Defaults,” and your TV will be reset to its default settings.
There’s an alternate way to reset your Insignia Fire TV, to do so;
- Hold down the physical Power button for 10 seconds or until your TV screen changes.
Re-pair Insignia Remote
Re-pair Insignia Remote
Re-pair Insignia Remote
There were some instances where the TV remote stopped working because of some pairing issue between the remote and the TV. To fix this, you need to re-pair your TV remote with your TV.
How to pair insignia fire tv remote
There are three ways to pair your remote with the TV, and the below steps will guide you in pairing the Insignia Fire TV remote,
Using Pair Button
- Some Insignia remotes have a pairing button on the back. Open the battery compartment lid and locate the Pair button. Press the button, and your remote will reconnect to the TV.
Using the Power Button
- Another way to re-pair, press and hold the Home button given on the remote for 30 seconds. Ensure you’re pointing the remote at your TV and holding the power button for 30 seconds.
Using the Navigation and Menu Button
- Press and hold the Back + Left navigation + Menu buttons simultaneously for 30 seconds.
- Ensure you’re pointing the remote at your TV and holding the button for 30 seconds.
Check the Tv’s receiver for blockage
If there’s something between the infrared signal and TV, then it won’t work at all, and you’ll encounter such issues. So, try to check the top of your TV remote and check if there’s something stuck on it. If anything is there, remove it, and your remote should start working.
Clean the Signal surface with a cloth, clean the TV’s signal area, and check if the remote starts working.
Purchase a new remote
If your Insignia remote is still not working, then you need to go for a replacement. Want to get your remote repaired? We recommend you buy a new remote because sometimes your remote becomes unfixable, and you’ll get the new remote at a significantly discounted rate.
How to use insignia fire tv without remote
If nothing works for you, try using your Insignia Fire TV on your smartphone. Amazon Fire TV and even Insignia TV have a remote mobile app that allows you to control your TV.
Apps are available for both Android and iOS devices. All you need to do is download Insignia fire TV remote app from the app store/google play store.
Connect the app with your TV and ensure that the TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
Now, you’ll be able to control your Insignia Fire TV.