Many Roku users are not able to watch Hulu on their Roku devices. This is happening across all the Roku device (Roku express, premiere, streaming stick, Roku tv, or Roku ultra). When users launch the Hulu app it doesn’t load properly, sometime it’ll be stuck on the Hulu logo and it won’t pass the Hulu welcome screen on Roku. Sometimes roku hangs at the Hulu logo and after some seconds it returns to the Roku home screen. This is frustrating and many people don’t know how they can fix Hulu not working on Roku devices. In this post we’ve gathered some of the working steps to kick out Hulu won’t load on Roku out of your window.
How do I Fix Hulu not working on Roku?
Do a Roku System Restart
This is a simple and working method, in this fix you need to do a system restart of your Roku device. With the help of a system restart, you can fix the Hulu problems on Roku. To do a system restart follow the steps below.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Now go to settings.
- Go down to power.
- Now again go down and select system restart.
- Now select the restart option.
When the Roku system restart complete check if you’re able to use Hulu on your Roku device.
Related: Fix roku stick overheating issue
Remove and re-add Hulu channel
Many users have said that they were able to fix Hulu on Roku by removing and re-adding the Hulu channel. You can try removing and re-adding the Hulu channel on Roku by following the steps below.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Now move to the channel list and select Hulu.
- Now press the * button on your Roku remote.
- Select remove channel to remove Hulu from your Roku tv.
- Now go back to home and select settings.
- Now go to power and then select system restart then select restart.
- When the Roku device restart, add the Hulu channel again to your Roku device.
- Now check if you’re able to play Hulu on your Roku tv.
If you’re still getting the issue you can try following the other steps mentioned below.
Power cycle your Roku
You can try doing a power cycle of your Roku device to fix the Hulu not working issue on Roku. Power cycling the Roku device will remove any temporary glitch from your Roku device. To power cycle, your Roku device follows the steps below.
- Unplug your Roku from the power socket.
- Unplug it for 1-2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes plug in your Roku device and turn it back on.
- Now check if you’re able to play Hulu on Roku or not.
Tip: Some users have said that they were able to fix this issue by doing a manual update of their Roku. To manually update Roku go to setting then go to the system then select system update and select check now. If you found any updates kindly update your Roku to its latest version. After updating Roku check if you’re able to play Hulu or not. If you’re still getting the issue try removing and re-adding the Hulu app this will also update the Hulu app on your Roku device.
Related: Fix Roku Green Screen Issue
Factory Reset your Roku
If nothing worked for you then you can try resetting your Roku device. Resetting your Roku tv will force your tv back to its factory version. This will most likely fix the Hulu problems on your Roku device. To reset your Roku device follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings on your Roku device.
- Now go down and select the system option.
- Again go down and select Advanced system settings.
- Now select the factory reset option.
- After resetting Roku tv add Hulu again and check if you’re able to use Hulu or not.
Note: If you’re using a Roku tv then you can find and press the reset button from the backside of your tv. After resetting the Roku tv check if the Hulu not working on the Roku tv is fixed.
Try contacting Hulu and Roku
If none of the steps mentioned above worked for you, then your last hope is Roku and Hulu. You can try contacting Hulu and Roku team to fix this issue. Then can help you in resolving the Hulu not working issue on the Roku device. If you’ve any suggestion let us know from comment box and also check how to cancel hulu subscription.