Firestick is undoubtedly one of the favorite devices to stream Hulu. But sometimes users have said that their Hulu app is not working on amazon firestick. When users open Hulu on their firestick it will not load, sometimes users are stuck on the welcome pages and sometimes they get Hulu unavailable error on their firestick. Hulu has said that this is a known issue on firestick. This happens sometimes because of cache and data, or because of a temporary glitch on their devices. There are some working troubleshooting steps to fix Hulu not working issue on your firestick. Below are some of the steps you can follow to fix Hulu unable to load issue on amazon fire stick.
How do I fix Hulu on my Firestick?
Clear Hulu Cache and Data
Clearing the Hulu cache and data can sometimes help in fixing the Hulu issue on the firestick. You can try clearing the Hulu cache and data by following the steps below on your firestick:
- Go to the home screen
- Now go to settings.
- Now select applications from the options.
- Here select manage installed applications.
- Now scroll down and select Hulu.
- Now first you need to force stop the app.
- Scroll down and select clear cache then clear data.
Now check if you’re able to use Hulu on your fire stick or not. If Hulu is still not working on your firestick then follow the steps mentioned below to fix this issue.
Check internet connection
One of the common reasons behind Hulu not working on firestick is the faulty internet connection. First, make sure the internet is working properly. To check this you can do a speed test at speedtest.net. If the internet is working then check if the firestick is connected to the internet or not. Make sure there is not too much distance between your router and firestick. Also try using an ethernet cable, if you’re using one then make sure it is installed properly. Try opening another app like youtube to check if your firestick is receiving an internet connection properly or not. Make sure you have the following speed for different connect on Hulu.
- Live TV stream required 0 MB/S
- 720 or 1080p stream required at least 1 MB/S
- 4k stream required at least 16 MB/S
Reboot the firestick
Sometimes Hulu stops working on other streaming devices like roku due to a temporary technical glitch. If there is a glitch on your firestick then that can result in Hulu stop working properly. To overcome this you can do a reboot of your firestick by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the home screen and select settings.
- Now go forward and click my fire TV option.
- Scroll down to find the restart option and select restart.
After restarting your firestick, check if the Hulu is working on your firestick or not. If not try updating the Hulu app on your firestick.
Update the Hulu
Many times people ignore application updates. Sometimes ignoring an update can result in the app not working properly. So if there is an update available of Hulu on your firestick, then update it to the latest version by following the steps below.
- Go to the firestick home.
- On the top menu click on the search tab.
- Type Hulu on the search tab and select the Hulu app.
- Click on download and after finishing the download click on the open button.
- Now login and choose your option and try to start streaming on your firestick.
Reinstall Hulu on firestick
If all the methods not reaching you to the solution of this problem now it is time to reinstall the Hulu app, check below for the reinstall process.
- On to the home screen go to the firestick settings and then go to the application.
- Click on manage installed application and scroll down to find Hulu.
- Click on uninstall option to confirm it.
- Now download the Hulu app through the app store and install it.
After installing the Hulu app on your firestick, check if you’re able to use Hulu properly or not. If you’re still on the welcome screen or black screen then resetting your firestick will 100% fix the Hulu not working on firestick.
Also check: Fix disney plus error code 41
Reset Firestick to Fix Hulu (100% Working)
Resetting your firestick will force your device back to its factory setting. After that, you’ll be able to use Hulu without any issue. But all your settings and installed applications will be deleted. To reset your firestick follow the steps below:
- Go to home and select settings.
- Now select my fire tv.
- Now scroll down and select reset to factory defaults.
The resetting process can sometimes take up to 5-10 minutes. When the reset complete install Hulu on your firestick and enjoy.
If Hulu is still not working on firestick then you can try contacting the Hulu team or amazon team for help. Explain them your situation they can help you in fixing this issue on your amazon fire stick. If this post helped you then check our post on how to fix hulu not working on roku tv.