Are you unable to stream Hulu on your Chromecast devices? Or are you stuck on ready to cast screen while streaming Hulu using built-in Chromecast or on a Chromecast device or google tv? This is a known issue faced by many Chromecast users. The main reason for Hulu not working on Chromecast is a temporary glitch, Hulu outage, cache, and data issue, improper cast settings. These are some of the main reasons that can cause Hulu to crash or stop when streaming on Chromecast. Below we’ve gathered some of the working tips that can help you in fixing Hulu not working or crashing on Chromecast.
First go to downdetector and check for issues at hulu. If hulu is down then you can face issues while casting or streaming hulu on chromecast.
How Do I Fix Hulu Not Working on Chromecast
Restart your TV/ Hard Reset
If you’re using a Chromecast built-in tv, google tv or any other smart tv, then a hard restart/reset can help you in fixing the issue with Hulu. For fixing the Hulu issue on your Chromecast tv or if you’re stuck on a ready to cast screen follow the steps below.
- Unplug your smart tv from the power board.
- Wait for 30-60 seconds.
- Now plug in your smart tv and turn it on.
- Turn on your Chromecast device.
- Now launch Hulu and check if it is working or not.
If the issue persists try doing the same process for 2,3 times more and check if that fixes the issue with Hulu on the Chromecast device.
Plug out and plug back in your Chromecast device.
If Hulu is still not working on Chromecast then you can try power cycling your Chromecast device. This will eliminate any temporary bug causing the issue. Follow the steps below.
- Disconnect your power plug to the Chromecast device.
- Wait at least 30 seconds and then put it back in.
- Now start up Chromecast and open your Hulu app and see if it is working correctly.
Tip: Make sure that your mobile device, Chromecast, and your wifi router are in 4 meters (15 feet) range. This will reduce the chances of any error while using Chromecast for streaming Hulu.
Related: Why does hulu keeps kicking me out
Restart your modem and router
If after hard resetting your tv and Chromecast device you’re still facing the issue, then you can fix this issue by restarting your wifi router. Follow the steps below for power cycling your router.
- Turn off the router and modem and unplug it.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then plug back in.
- Wait a couple of minutes till your WI-FI connecting to your device.
- Now go to the Hulu app and try to watch something if it is working properly.
Hulu not working on Chromecast (IOS/iPhone)
Turn on apps under local network
Not many iPhone users know that they have to enable apps under local networks to smoothly enjoy streaming apps like Hulu on Chromecast. For enabling this option follow the steps below.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Select privacy.
- Scroll down and select local network.
- Now enable local network for Hulu application.
Now you’ll be able to stream Hulu using your iPhone and Chromecast device. If you’re still having the issue then you can try disabling and enabling wifi or you try enabling airplane mode then disabling it for fixing casting issues.
Related: Hulu not working on firestick
Force Stop and Clear cache of Hulu on Chromecast
Sometimes stored cache and data can cause streaming apps like Hulu to stop working on Chromecast devices. In such cases, you need to clear the Hulu app cache and data.
- Go to Settings on your smart tv.
- Now select the Apps option.
- Now select the Hulu application from the list.
- Select the force stop option.
- Now go-to storage option and clear cache and data.
Launch Hulu and log in to your account and check if you’re able to use Hulu on your Chromecast device or not.
Tip: Try reinstalling the Hulu app on your Chromecast and your phone for fixing the issue. Uninstall Hulu then install the latest version of Hulu. Login to your Hulu account and check if you’re able to cast on Chromecast or not.
Update the Chromecast device with Google Tv
Sometimes updates can break an application. This happens a lot nowadays, the only solution for this issue is to wait for another update from the company. If your Hulu is not working with Chromecast after a recent update. Then you need to wait for the company to release an update for fixing this issue. For updating Chromecast follow the steps below.
- Go to settings.
- Now go to the system option.
- Now scroll down and select About.
- Select system update.
- Now install any pending update.
After following the steps your Chromecast device will update to its latest version. Now check if you’re able to stream Hulu on Chromecast or not.
Related: Hulu not working on Roku
Reset Chromecast Device
If after trying all of the fixes you’re still having the issue then you can try resetting your Chromecast device. Resetting Chromecast devices can help you in fixing Hulu issues. You can follow the steps below for resetting your Chromecast.
- Press and hold the button on your Chromecast device for 10-15 seconds.
- You’ll see on your screen that Chromecast is performing the reset process.
When the reset completes set up your Chromecast device and launch Hulu and check if you’re able to stream Hulu or not.
If still, you’re unable to stream using Chromecast then try contacting the Hulu team. They can help you in fixing the streaming issue with your Chromecast device. Also check our post on how to fix hulu error code pts207.