Most Hulu users reported error code PLAREQ17 when they try to stream on Roku, smart TV, PC, or any gaming console. This Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is a playback failure which prevents Hulu from streaming and all the other service like Netflix and amazon prime will work fine on the same network. Below are some causes of this error and steps to fix this error on your device.
Reason for Hulu Error Code PLAREQ17
Bandwidth issue– Just like other streaming services Hulu also needs a minimum bandwidth to stream on Hulu. If your network is having the issue then you can face an error on the Hulu app.
public network– Some people try to stream Hulu over public networks example school, hospital, office, hotel, etc. If there are network restrictions from the administrator then you can face error code PLAREQ17 on Hulu.
Problem at Hulu ends– If the above reasons are not a culprit for Hulu error code PLAREQ17 on your device. Then there might be a server outage on Hulu end, for this, you can contact Hulu for help.
VPN– Many people use VPN to stream Hulu in areas where Hulu is unavailable. Sometimes you can face Hulu playback failure due to the use of a VPN.
So these are the reason for this error PLAREQ17 that prevents you from streaming Hulu. Now check the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
Restart your device, Wi-Fi router, and Hulu app
Sometimes a simple restart of the app doesn’t help in fixing Hulu PLAREQ17. To fix this first close the app on your device. Now power down your streaming device and your router. Unplug these devices from the power source for about a minute. Now plug in your streaming device and router and start them. Now connect and check if the error code PLAREQ17 is resolved on your device.
For Roku users.
1. Press the home button and then click on the system.
2. Now click on systems restart and click on restart
3. After restarting your Roku tv check if the error code plare17 is fixed on Roku or not.
Check internet speed and fix
Internet speed plays an important role while you stream videos. Hulu requires different speeds for different content. For regular videos, Hulu needs 3.0 Mbps speed for live streams required 8.0 Mbps and 4k videos need 16.0 Mbps. If your internet is slow then you follow the steps below to fix this issue.
1. Disconnect all the other connected devices from your router.
2. Close all the app which are running in the background and consuming your internet speed.
3. Place your router close to your streaming device to improve internet strength.
4. If possible try using an ethernet wired connection for stable and better speed internet connection.
5. Try using other wireless connections to see if you’re facing error code PLAREQ17 on other networks or not.
After trying all the above methods check if the Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is resolved.
Related: Fix Hulu error code p-ts207
Disable VPN connection To Fix Hulu Error Code PLAREQ17
If you are using a VPN for streaming then you should disable it because it creates playback error and prevents Hulu from streaming properly
1. Press Windows key + R to open run and enter “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and hit enter.
2. Now uninstall the VPN from your device.
Now check if the error code PLAREQ17 is fixed on your device. To disable proxy follow the steps below
1. Again press the windows key and R to open run and type “inetcpl.cpl” in the dialogue box and press enter this will open the internet properties.
2. Click on connections and then LAN settings.
- Now uncheck “use a proxy for your LAN” and click on ok
- Restart your computer and check if the Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is fixed on your device.
Update your Roku tv and app
You can face playback failure on Hulu if your app or Roku smart tv is outdated. If this is a bug in your Roku tv then the newer version of the software can fix the PLAREQ17 error. First of all, delete the Hulu app from your tv and install it again to see if this fixes the issue. If not then update your Roku software by following the steps below:
1. Press the home button on the Roku remote.
2. Now click on the Settings option.
3. Here choose the system
4. Go to system update and click on check now
5. Install the available update on your Roku tv.
Now check if the Hulu error PLAREQ17 playback failure is fixed.
Also check how to fix Roku error code 016
Clear cache on Hulu cache on Roku
You can face such error on Roku tv because of a corrupted cache. To fix such issue just clear the cache of the Hulu app by following the steps below
1. Press the home button to go to the Roku home screen.
2. Now press the home button for 5 times then one time up button then 2 times the rewind button and 2 times fast forward button.
3. Now Roku cache will be cleared in 30-40 seconds.
Check if the Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is resolved on your Roku device.
Relate: How to fix Hulu error code 5005
Reinstall the Hulu app/download
If these steps failed in fixing Hulu error code PLAREQ17 then a complete reinstallation of the Hulu app can help you. To reinstall the Hulu app on different devices follow the steps below.
- Highlight the Hulu app from the Roku home screen.
- Press the start button on the remote.
- From remote select remove channel option.
- When uninstallation complete start the Roku device.
- From the channel store reinstall the Hulu app.
In android phone and tablet
- Uninstall Hulu from your device and open google play store
- Go to the search and type Hulu
- Tap to install the app
In android TV
- Open the google PlayStore help of remote
- Search the Hulu app using the left side navigation panel.
- Click on the download button in the overview section.
- When the installation will be finished try to launch the app.
In Apple TV
This method is only for 4th generation or higher
- Uninstall hulu and open app store in apple TV
- Click on search and enter Hulu.
- Select the Hulu app and click on Get to download.
- If it asks for a password for the apple id then enter it.
In gaming console
Some people use their gaming console as a streaming device also. You can follow the steps below to reinstall hulu on gaming consoles.
In PlayStation 4
- First uninstall Hulu and open PlayStation store
- Navigate to search and enter Hulu.
- Click on the Hulu app and move your cursor to download.
- When the download completes open Hulu app and check if the error code PLAREQ17 is fixed.
In Xbox one
- Uninstall Hulu app and go to store with the help of Xbox one remote
- Select the search and enter Hulu.
- From the result select the Hulu app.
- Follow the installation procedure on the screen and complete the download process.
After reinstalling Hulu on these devices check if the Hulu error code PLAREQ17 is fixed. If the issue is still there then check for hulu outage at downdetector and at isthisdownrightnow or at outagereport. No server outage at hulu and you’re still facing the issue try contacting hulu team to fix this issue for you.
If you’ve any suggestion or solution to this post let us know from the comment box and don’t forget to check how to fix Amazon prime error code 1060