Hulu is a great streaming platform, but just like other streaming platforms, it has some errors. If you’re here then you are looking for a solution to Hulu error code p-dev320. Don’t worry you are not alone, as Hulu error code p-dev320 is one of the most reported error codes on the Hulu platform. Users are facing Hulu error code p-dev320 when they try to streaming shows using Hulu on their devices.
When this error occurs you will see the following message on your screen “we are having trouble playing this error code p-dev320. Error code p-dev320 is seen by users on a different device which can be an android phone, tablet, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Roku TV. You don’t need to worry about this issue, you can try a quick restart of the streaming device which will probably fix the issue if this is a temporary bug. If this doesn’t help then below are some of the reasons for this error on Hulu and how to fix it.
Reasons for Hulu error code p-dev320
- Miss communication: If there is a miscommunication between your Hulu app and network then you can come across such an issue. Another reason is the communication error between the Hulu servers and the Hulu web player.
- Network problem: You can also face p-dev320 due to a connectivity issue. If your network is not strong enough then you can face this error on your device.
- Problem at Hulu’s End: One of the main reasons for p-dev320 is the server outage or technical issue at the Hulu end. If there is a server outage in your area then you can try contacting Hulu and wait for it to resolve. There is no troubleshooting tip or fix to resolve the error pdev320 in this scenario.
Fix Hulu error code p-dev320
Check for Hulu outage
If there is a technical problem or server outage of Hulu in your area then you can face the error p-dev320 on your device. In the past also users faced this issue due to the Hulu server outage in their area. To check for Hulu technical issues you can visit the Downdetector and the Outage.report. These websites keep a close eye on the Hulu outage, users can also report Hulu problem on this website. You can also visit Hulu’s Twitter official page and check for tweets by Hulu or users about the recent error. You can also search for hashtags related to Hulu error.
If you’re facing this error on your device due to a server outage then you can contact the Hulu team ask them for more information about the situation. You can wait for Hulu to fix this issue no troubleshooting steps will help you in this scenario.
Related: Fix Hulu error code P-TS207
Fix Internet Connectivity Issue
Before performing other steps make sure your internet connection is working properly. You can check this by opening a webpage or by streaming a video on youtube. If the internet is not working properly then you can face the Hulu error p-dev320. You can follow some basic tips to improve connectivity on your device
- Try restarting your router. Restarting your router will clear the internet protocol (IP) and the transmission protocol (TCP). These are temporary data stored by the network devices, clearing these with a restart of your router can fix the connectivity issue. Simply unplug the router from the power and wait for some time and plug it back in. When the router starts check if the connectivity issue is fixed on your device.
- Resetting your router can also fix the internet connection issue on your device. If your connection uses PPPoE then make sure you have the credential before resetting your router. Now take a pointy needle-like object and press the reset power from the backside of your router for 10 seconds. You’ll see all the lights blinking at the same time which indicates the process is complete. Now check if the connectivity issue is fixed on your device.
- Move your router closer to the streaming device and place it higher than the streaming device to improve internet speed.
- Disconnect all the other connected devices from your network to improve the internet speed on the streaming device.
- If possible try connecting your device to wifi via a wired ethernet cable. This will improve the internet speed on the streaming device.
- Make sure there no object or wall between the wifi and the streaming device. Also, remote any magnetic object away from the router to improve the internet connection.
Related: Fix Hulu error code PLAREQ17
Check your internet speed
If your internet works fine then the problem may with the internet speed. Different streaming services required different speeds. If you are unknown the fact that how much internet speed Hulu require for streaming content then you can check below
- Movies and TV shows required 1.52mbps for standard definition and 3mbps for high definition.
- Live streaming required Up to 8mbps.
- 4k Ultra HD required Up to 16 Mbps.
- Check your internet speed at speedtest before streaming content or performing other steps to fix p-dev320 on your device
Try other networks
You should try another internet like your friend’s internet or a mobile hotspot to stream Hulu. If you’re able to stream Hulu without facing p-dev320 on another network then the problem lies with your current network. To fix this you can use another internet connection or you can try contacting your isp for help in fixing the issue. You can also contact Hulu to get additional tips or information related to such connectivity issues.
Stream Hulu on a different device
Sometimes a streaming device itself can be the reason behind the Hulu error code p-dev320. To check this you can try Hulu on other devices on the same network. If Hulu works fine on other devices like smartphones or computers then your previous streaming device is the reason for this issue. In this scenario, you can use other devices for streaming content on Hulu. Another solution is to contact the manufacturer or Hulu to get more information on how can you fix the issue on your specific streaming device.
Also check: Hulu error code 5005
Clear the cache and data of Hulu
When you playing Hulu on your device regularly there some cache and cookies are stored on your device. This data needs to be cleared from time to time because it creates problems like error p-dev320.
Clear cache on Android device
- Go to settings tap on apps.
- Tap on all apps and tap on the Hulu app from the list
- Now tap on storage
- Tap on clear data choose clear cache.
- Tap on ok to confirm it.
Clear cache on IOS device
To clear the cache of Hulu on an ios device, simply locate and delete Hulu from your device and install it again from the app store. Doing this will clear the Hulu data and cache from your device.
Clear cache on fire TV and fire TV stick
- Go to the settings and then Applications.
- Go to Manage installed application and then Hulu.
- Select both options clear cache and clear data.
- Launch the chrome app.
- Now press ctrl+shift+del button on your keyboard or copy chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and search from the URL box.
- In the time range you’ve to select all time and click on clear data.
- Doing this will clear the cached data and cookies from your chrome browser.
If you want a clear cache in any other device visit google and type how to clear the cache on space your device name.
Also check: How to clear hulu watch history
Update the Hulu app
If you’re using an outdated version of the Hulu app on your device then you can face the Hulu error code p-dev320. To fix this issue simply update your Hulu app to the latest version by following the steps below.
- Update Hulu app in Android phone and tablet
Open google play store > tap on menu> my apps & games> search Hulu and tap to update.
- Update Hulu app in Android TV
Go to apps on the home screen menu> select Google to play store> My Apps> check if any updates.
- Update Hulu app on iPhone and iPads
Go to the app store and select updates if there any updates available then tap to update.
- Update Hulu in 4th generation Apple TV and newer TV
It is very simple to update Hulu on Apple TV just head to the Apple store and under the purchased section check if any update is available.
- Update Hulu on the Roku device
To check which Hulu version you are using on the Roku device go to the Roku home screen and with the Roku remote go to Hulu apps. You will get the version of the apps of Roku In top. To update follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Now go to system
- Select system update
Now Roku will update the Hulu app if available.
- Update Hulu in PlayStation 4
With the help of the controller go to TV & videos from the XMB menu, select All Apps> and highlight Hulu tile, and select options with the controller> Check for Updates.
- Update Hulu in Xbox one
To update the Hulu app simply locate the Hulu app with the help of the Xbox one controller. Now select to open it. If there’s any update then you’ll get an update option along with an open option. Simply choose the update option to update the Hulu app on Xbox One.
Also check: Fix Netflix error code ui3010
Perform a power cycle for your device
If none of the above steps helped you in fixing the issue you can try the power cycle of your streaming device and your network device. The power cycle of devices can sometimes fix the error code p-dev320. To perform a power cycle simply follow the steps below
- Turn off your streaming device and your router.
- Now unplug them both from the power socket for 30 seconds.
- Now plug in your router and streaming device.
- Start your streaming device and connect it with the wifi and check if the error pdev320 is fixed for you.
Wait if a problem occurs from Hulu’s end
Maybe you are not the only one who is suffering from this error because the sometime problem could occur from the Hulu’s end and every user are suffering. You can wait till Hulu fixing this problem. You can also contact Hulu support and tell them the error you facing. Follow the instruction because they will guide you better about the error p-dev320.
If you’ve any suggestion do let us know from the comment box and also check how to cancel hulu subscription.