Just like other streaming networks, Hulu has its own set of issues. One of the most common issues faced by Hulu owners is Hulu error code p-dev 320. In this issue, you’ll get an error code with the message we’re having trouble playing this? You can face error code p-dev 320 on your smart tv, mobile devices, gaming console, streaming sticks, etc. If you’re getting Hulu p-dev 320 on your device, then don’t worry in this post we’re going to explain what is the reason for this issue and how you can fix Hulu error code p-dev 320 on your device.
Why Are You Getting Hulu Error Code P-DEV 320?
We’ve mentioned some of the reasons that can cause error codes like p-dev 320 on your device.
- Miss communication: If there is a miscommunication between your Hulu app and network then you can come across such an error code. Another reason is the communication error between the Hulu servers and the Hulu web player.
- Network problem: You can also face p-dev320 due to a connectivity issue. If your network is not strong enough then you can face this error on your device.
- The problem at Hulu’s End: Hulu outage is also one of the main reasons for error code p-dev 320. In these, you need to wait for Hulu to fix this issue.
Fix Error Code P-DEV 320 (Hulu We’re Having Trouble Playing This)
Check for Hulu outage
If there is a technical problem or server outage of Hulu in your area then you can face the error p-dev320 on your device. In the past also users faced this issue due to the Hulu server outage in their area. To check for Hulu technical issues you can visit the Downdetector and the Outage.report. These websites keep a close eye on the Hulu outage, users can also report Hulu problem on this website. You can also visit Hulu’s Twitter official page and check for tweets by Hulu or users about the recent error. You can also search for hashtags related to Hulu error.
If you’re facing this error on your device due to a server outage then you can contact the Hulu team ask them for more information about the situation. You can wait for Hulu to fix this issue no troubleshooting steps will help you in this scenario.
Related: Fix Hulu error code P-TS207
Perform a Power Cycle of Your Devices
If none of the above steps helped you in fixing the issue you can try the power cycle of your streaming device and your network device. The power cycle of devices can sometimes fix the error code p-dev320. To perform a power cycle simply follow the steps below
- Turn off your streaming device and your router.
- Now unplug them both from the power socket for 30 seconds.
- Now plug in your router and streaming device.
- Start your streaming device and connect it with the wifi and check if the error pdev320 is fixed for you.
Fix Internet Connectivity Issue
If you’re wondering why you’re getting error code p-dev 320 on your device? Then make sure to check your internet connection. Because a slow internet connection can cause a lot of issues in streaming ott content on your smart tv or smartphones. You can verify a connection error by opening a webpage or by streaming a video on youtube and if you’re getting issues in streaming video on youtube then, follow some basic tips to improve the internet connectivity on your device
- Try restarting your router. Restarting your router will clear the internet protocol (IP) and the transmission protocol (TCP). These are temporary data stored by the network devices, clearing these with a restart of your router can fix the connectivity issue. Simply unplug the router from the power outlet and wait for some time and plug it back in. When the router starts, check if the connectivity issue is fixed on your device.
- Resetting your router can also fix the internet connection issue on your device. If your connection uses PPPoE then make sure you have the credential before resetting your router. Now take a pointy needle-like object and press the reset power from the backside of your router for 10 seconds. You’ll see all the lights blinking at the same time which indicates the process is complete. Now check if the connectivity issue is fixed on your device.
- Move your router closer to the streaming device and place it higher than the streaming device to improve internet speed.
- Disconnect all the other connected devices from your network to improve the internet speed on the streaming device.
- If possible try connecting your device to wifi via a wired ethernet cable. This will improve the internet speed on the streaming device.
- Make sure there is no object or wall between the wifi and the streaming device. Also, remote any magnetic object away from the router to improve the internet connection.
Related: Fix Hulu error code PLAREQ17
Check your internet speed
If your internet works fine then the problem may with the internet speed. Different streaming services required different speeds. If you are unknown the fact that how much internet speed Hulu require for streaming content then you can check below
- Movies and TV shows required 1.52mbps for standard definition and 3mbps for high definition.
- Live streaming required Up to 8mbps.
- 4k Ultra HD required Up to 16 Mbps.
- Check your internet speed at speedtest before streaming content or performing other steps to fix p-dev320 on your device
Try other networks
You should try another internet like your friend’s internet or a mobile hotspot to stream Hulu. If you’re able to stream Hulu without facing p-dev320 on another network then the problem lies with your current network. To fix this you can use another internet connection or you can try contacting your isp for help in fixing the issue. You can also contact Hulu to get additional tips or information related to such connectivity issues.
Re-Login the Hulu
Try to sign out your Hulu account and then re-login the Hulu account. Because if there’s some temporary bug or glitch then it might be fixed by logging out and re-login the account. So, to log out of your account go to the profile icon and then head to the Log out. After that, log in to your account by entering the credentials.
Stream Hulu on a Different Device
Sometimes a streaming device itself can be the reason behind the Hulu error code p-dev320. To check this you can try Hulu on other devices on the same network. If Hulu works fine on other devices like smartphones or computers then your previous streaming device is the reason for this issue. In this scenario, you can use other devices for streaming content on Hulu. Another solution is to contact the manufacturer or Hulu to get more information on how can you fix the issue on your specific streaming device.
Also check: Hulu error code 5005
Clear the cache and data of Hulu
Some of the affected Hulu users are asking, Why does Hulu keep saying error?” Well not clearing the cache on time can be the reason. Because when you stream Hulu on your device daily, it generates cache and cookies of your streamed contents. And, if you do not clear the cache and cookies after a while then, you might face errors like p-dev320.
Clear cache on Android device
- Go to settings tap on apps.
- Tap on all apps and tap on the Hulu app from the list
- Now tap on storage
- Tap on clear data choose clear cache.
- Tap on ok to confirm it.
Clear cache on IOS device
To clear the cache of Hulu on an ios device, simply locate and delete Hulu from your device and install it again from the app store. Doing this will clear the Hulu data and cache from your device.
Clear cache on fire TV and fire TV stick
- Go to the settings and then Applications.
- Go to Manage installed application and then Hulu.
- Select both options clear cache and clear data.
- Launch the chrome app.
- Now press ctrl+shift+del button on your keyboard or copy chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and search from the URL box.
- In the time range you’ve to select all time and click on clear data.
- Doing this will clear the cached data and cookies from your chrome browser.
If you want a clear cache in any other device visit google and type how to clear the cache on space your device name.
Also check: How to clear hulu watch history
Re-Install the Hulu app
Re-installing the apps works most of the time when you encounter errors like this. And, some of the users were able to fix this error code by reinstalling their Hulu app. So, try to fix this error code p-dev 320 by re-installing the apps. If you don’t know how to perform this step then,
On Android Device
- First of all, navigate to the Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Hulu and tap on Uninstall. (Or, locate Hulu on your device menu or Home Screen, tap n hold the app until you get options. Go to the app info or settings, then tap on Uninstall).
- After uninstalling the app, power off your device and wait for 1 minute. And, then turn it back on.
- Now, navigate to the google play store and search for Hulu and install it.
- From your Home Screen, tap and hold at blank space or on the Hulu app until it starts wiggling. Now, tap on the X (upper right corner of the Hulu app) and then, tap on Delete.
- Perform a power cycle on your device and turn it back on after waiting for 1 minute.
- After rebooting the device, head towards the App Store and search Hulu and install it.
On Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- First of all, go to Home Screen, highlight the Hulu app > Press and hold the touch surface to enter in wiggle mode.
- After that, press the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote > Delete option and press the touch surface to delete the app.
- Now, after deleting the app. Navigate to the apple store and reinstall the Hulu application.
On Vizio Tv
- Grab your Vizio controller and press the VIA button.
- Navigate to the Hulu application and press the Yellow Color button.
- After that, select the Delete Snippet option.
- Now, move towards the Widget Gallery and locate Hulu.
- And, select the Add Widget to My profile.
- First of all, locate the Hulu app. Then, press the Start button or asterisk on your Roku controller and select Remove channel.
- After removing the channel from Roku, perform a power cycle on your device and turn it back on after 1 minute.
- Now, navigate to the Roku channel store and locate the Hulu app. Then, select Add channel to re-install the Hulu app.
On Xbox one
- From the Home Screen, Navigate to the Hulu app > Press Menu button on the Xbox controller > Manage app > Internal > Uninstall.
- Perform a power cycle on your device by turning it off for a minute.
- After power cycling, go to the Store and search for Hulu and reinstall it.
- Navigate to Hulu and press the Triangle button on your PS controller and select the Delete option.
- Perform a power cycle on your device by turning it off for a minute.
- Now, go to the Playstation store and search for Hulu and reinstall it.
Related: Fix hulu keeps crashing
Why Does my Hulu Keeps Saying We’re Having Trouble Playing This?
If you haven’t installed the latest version of the Hulu application on your device, then it might be the reason you’re encountering the Hulu error p-dev320. To get rid of this error check if there is any latest update available for Hulu. Follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Update Hulu app in Android phone and tablet
Open google play store > tap on menu> my apps & games> search Hulu and tap to update.
- Update Hulu app in Android TV
Go to apps on the home screen menu> select Google to play store> My Apps> check if any updates.
- Update Hulu app on iPhone and iPads
Go to the app store and select updates if there any updates available then tap to update.
- Update Hulu in 4th generation Apple TV and newer TV
It is very simple to update Hulu on Apple TV just head to the Apple store and under the purchased section check if any update is available.
- Update Hulu on the Roku device
To check which Hulu version you are using on the Roku device go to the Roku home screen and with the Roku remote go to Hulu apps. You will get the version of the apps of Roku In top. To update follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Now go to system
- Select system update
Now Roku will update the Hulu app if available.
- Update Hulu in PlayStation 4
With the help of the controller go to TV & videos from the XMB menu, select All Apps> and highlight Hulu tile, and select options with the controller> Check for Updates.
- Update Hulu in Xbox one
To update the Hulu app simply locate the Hulu app with the help of the Xbox one controller. Now select to open it. If there’s any update then you’ll get an update option along with an open option. Simply choose the update option to update the Hulu app on Xbox One.
Also check: Fix Netflix error code ui3010
Wait if a problem occurs from Hulu’s end
Maybe you are not the only one who is suffering from this error because the sometime problem could occur from the Hulu’s end and every user are suffering. You can wait till Hulu fixing this problem. You can also contact Hulu support and tell them the error you facing. Follow the instruction because they will guide you better about the error p-dev320.
If you’ve any suggestion do let us know from the comment box and also check how to cancel hulu subscription.