Many Hulu users have been facing the Hulu error code 5005 playback error when they try to stream their favorite show or movie on Hulu. You can face error code 5005 on Hulu due to the incompatibility of browser, outdated browser, network issue, and if there is some issue at the end of Hulu servers. In this post, we’re going to provide you some troubleshooting steps which you can perform to fix the playback failure Hulu error code 5005 on your device
Check Hulu servers
Before performing the troubleshooting steps make sure to check if the Hulu servers are working fine. If there are some issues at Hulu end you can face the error code 5005 on your browser. You can check the status of Hulu on the Outage report or down detector. After checking the status of Hulu servers, follow the steps below to fix the error 5005 on Hulu.
Update your browser to fix Hulu error 5005
Most of the time users face Hulu error code 5005 while streaming Hulu using their browser on their desktops or laptops. You can easily fix this issue by updating your browser to the latest version.
- Start chrome browser
- Now type “chrome://settings/help” in the URL box and hit enter, this will open the chrome about page.
- Now chrome will automatically search for the pending updates.
- If there is an update available update your chrome to the latest version.
When the updates complete restart your desktop and try using Hulu to see if you’re still facing the Hulu error code 5005.
- In firefox click on the three horizontal lines from the top right of the screen.
- Now click on help and click on the about firefox option.
- On the about firefox, if there is an update available click on the restart to update your firefox option.
- After restart check, if you’re still facing the issue.
Tip: Check your internet connection is working properly at fast.com
Change your browser
Many users have reported that they were facing the Hulu error code 5005 on the chrome browser but not on the firefox browser. If you’re facing the issue on your browser try installing a new browser like firefox, edge, brave, and opera to see if you can resolve playback failure Hulu error 5005 on your device.
Related: Clear hulu watch history
Clear Cache and Cookies
Clearing cookies and cached data only fix this issue if you’re facing error code 5005 and you’ve not cleared you cached data and cookies for a long time
- Open your chrome browser
- Now press ctrl+shift+ delete button. This will open the option to clear cache, data, and cookies.
- Or you can type “chrome://settings/clearBrowserData” in the URL box and hit enter
- Now in the time range select “all-time” and click on the clear data button.
After clearing data try using the Hulu to see if you’re facing error code 5005. If you’re a firefox user check here how to clear cache and cookies on firefox
Other Helpful Tips to fix Hulu error code 5005
- Restart your wifi: Many users have fixed the error code 5005 by restarting of resetting their router. You can also try restarting your router to see if this resolves the error code 5005.
- Use wired connection: You can try streaming Hulu by connecting your device to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- Power cycle your device: If Hulu error code 5005 is a temporary bug on your device. Then you easily fix this by power cycle method. In this method, you’ve to shut down and unplug your router and streaming device for 40-60 seconds. After that plugin your router and streaming device and see if you’re still facing the error code 5005 on Hulu.
If none of the solutions worked for your device. You need to report this complaint to Hulu, they’ll help you. In the meantime, you can use the Hulu android or ios app to watch your favorite content on Hulu until the Hulu error code 5005 is resolved. This is very rare but if you’re facing this error on Hulu mobile app then delete the app from your phone and install again this will the Hulu error code 5005 on your android and ios device. You can also fix Hulu error code 5005 on android and ios by clearing cache and cookies. Also, make sure you’re using the latest version of Hulu on your device, if not kindly update it to the latest version.
Conclusion: You can face hulu error code 5005 due to unsupported browser. To fix this you can update your browser or try using hulu on other browser to fix error code 5005 on hulu.
If you’ve any suggestion related to hulu error code 5005 let us know from the comment box. You can also check how to cancel hulu subscription on different devices.