Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services. You can pay to activate your account and enjoy the latest movie and TV shows that will be available in the Hulu app. Many users have reported that they are unable to stream their favorite movies due to the error code 301 on Hulu. There are various reasons for Hulu error code 301 which are mentioned below, and how you can fix error code 301 on Hulu.
Reasons for Hulu error code 301
Before we move on to the specific solution you need to first know the common reasons which are behind error code 301
- Poor internet connection– You can come across Hulu error code 301 due to the poor internet connection. It is recommended to have 4mbps speed for streaming content on Hulu.
- Cache and cookies– when you visit some website it saves your cache and cookies in on your browser. These caches and cookies help in decreasing the loading speed on the next visit of the website. But sometimes these cookies and cache get corrupted due to which you can face error code 301 on Hulu.
- Multiple devices cause– If you’re using one Hulu account on various devices then that can lead to Hulu error code 301 sometimes. Because using one account for multiple devices is a violation of Hulu terms and conditions.
- DNS causes– If your DNS settings are not configured properly then you can face Hulu 301 error code on your device. By the way network adaptor automatically searches the best configured for DNS settings but in some rare cases, you can face this error because of misconfigured DNS.
- Date and time causes-If your date and time are not set properly then you can face this error on your Hulu.
How to fix Hulu error code 301
Restart the Hulu app
Sometimes a simple restart of the app can fix many errors on an app. Try closing the Hulu app and starting it again. Now try streaming to see if the Hulu error code 301 persists.
Power cycle your streaming device and Wi-Fi router
- First turn off the device on which you’re facing hulu error code 301 like PC, TV, or any gaming console, etc
- Now unplug the power from the socket board and wait a minute before plug back into the socket.
- Also turn off your wifi router and unplug the router for 1 minute.
- Next plug back in all the cable and turn on the device and your wifi router/device.
- Wait a minute till the internet router connects with the device.
- Connect your device with Hulu and check Hulu still showing this error.
Tips: Try using Ethernet or wired connection if possible to improve internet connectivity
Clear browser cache to Fix Error code 301 on hulu
- Locate the google chrome and open.
- Click on three dots tops right side on the corner.
- Scroll down to click on more tools option.
- Select clear browsing data from the list or you can press ctrl+shift+del together.
- Now make sure all time is selected in time range and click on clear data
Clear cache in Mozilla Firefox
- Locate Mozilla Firefox and launch a new tab
- Click on three horizontal lines on the top left corner
- Choose options from the list and click to open.
- On the left side you will get four options, click on privacy and security.
- Scroll down and go to the cookies and site data section and click on clear data.
After clearing cache and cookies open your browser and check if you’re still facing the error code 301 on hulu.
Disconnecting Hulu from another device
If you are using Hulu in multiple devices with the same login account. If accidentally you are streaming Hulu on different devices with the same account at the same time, then you can face Hulu error code 301. We will suggest you first disconnect all the devices where you using the same account and then log in to the account in any device to check if the error code 301 is fixed
Related: How to fix hulu error code 5005
Change DNS settings to Google DNS
Maybe this error occurring on your device due to the DNS issue. Changing the DNS settings to Google IP addresses can fix the Hulu error code 301
- Press window and R key together and open the RUN window.
- Type ncpa.cpl into the box and ok
- Right-click on the network connection and choose the properties option.
- Select internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv) and click on properties.
- Click on Use the DNS server addresses option
- Enter the value 126.96.36.199 for the preferred DNS box and 188.8.131.52 for the alternatives DNS server box.
- Click ok and close the run window and play Hulu.
Reset date and time
You can face Hulu error code 301 if the date and time on your device are not set properly. So make sure your date and time are configured properly. After setting the correct date and time from the setting got to Hulu app to check if you’re still facing the Hulu error code 301 on your device.
Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu UWP app
Reinstall the app is the last fixing method after trying all the methods above, follow the steps to reinstall app on your desktop.
- Click on settings in your pc and open.
- Click on apps and then apps and features.
- Scroll down to find Hulu and click to uninstall.
- Now restart your pc and go to the Microsoft Store and install it again.
Now if you’re facing hulu error code 301 on other device, then reinstall the hulu app on your device to fix the error code 301 hulu on your device.
Related: How to clear hulu watch history
Fix Hulu error code 301 in the gaming console
- Select the Hulu application through the ps4 controller
- Now press the triangle button and select delete
- Now open the PlayStation Store and download Hulu.
- First log out the Hulu through the gaming console and close it.
- Now locate the Hulu app and select.
- Press the menu button on your console and select the managed app.
- Press to uninstall and then install the app again and check Hulu working or not.
Tip: Turn off your Xbox or ps4 completely, now turn off your Wi-Fi router. Remove ethernet cable from your console, now turn on your wifi and console and reconnect them using cable. Now try is you’re still facing the hulu error code 301 on your gaming console.
If you’re still facing the hulu error code 301, check if the hulu is down at down detector and try contacting hulu team for help with this issue on your device. You can also check our post on how to cancel your hulu subscription.