Recently updated on October 3rd, 2022 at 09:41 am
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services. But Many users have reported that they are unable to stream their favorite movies due to the error code 301 on the computer, phone, streaming devices and smart TV.
There are various reasons for Hulu error code 301, which are mentioned below, and how you can fix error code 301 on Hulu.
Different faces of Hulu error code 301
When Hulu error code 301 appears, it shows in different forms, which you need to see.
- Video stop due to error
- Error message (Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch).
- The video stops and shows error 301.
Sometimes it looks like
Reasons for Hulu error code 301
Before we move on to the specific solution you need to first know the common reasons which are behind error code 301
- Poor internet connection– You can come across Hulu error code 301 due to the poor internet connection. It is recommended to have 4mbps speed for streaming content on Hulu.
- Cache and cookies– when you visit some website it saves your cache and cookies in on your browser. These caches and cookies help in decreasing the loading speed on the next visit of the website. But sometimes these cookies and cache get corrupted due to which you can face error code 301 on Hulu.
- Multiple devices cause– If you’re using one Hulu account on various devices then that can lead to Hulu error code 301 sometimes. Because using one account for multiple devices is a violation of Hulu terms and conditions.
- DNS causes– If your DNS settings are not configured properly then you can face Hulu 301 error code on your device. By the way network adaptor automatically searches the best configured for DNS settings but in some rare cases, you can face this error because of misconfigured DNS.
- Date and time causes-If your date and time are not set properly then you can face this error on your Hulu.
How to fix Hulu error code 301
To fix this, you’ve to turn off and unplug (if corded) your Streaming device and router/modem and wait for a few minutes. Then, plug the devices back in and turn them on. After that, launch Hulu, and you’ll see that Error Code 301 is no longer on the screen.
Is Hulu Down Today?
Error code 301 also appears due to temporarily overloading the server or maintenance break. You can visit Twitter or social media sites, or downdetector to find out the latest status if Hulu is down.
Restart the Hulu app
Sometimes a simple restart of the app can fix many errors on an app. Try closing the Hulu app and starting it again. Now try streaming to see if the Hulu error code 301 persists.
Power cycle your streaming device and Wi-Fi router
- First, turn off the device on which you’re facing Hulu error code 301 like PC, TV, or any gaming console, etc.
- Now unplug the power from the socket board and wait a minute before plugging it back into it.
- Also, turn off your Wi-Fi router and unplug the router for 1 minute.
- Next, plug back in all the cables and turn on the device and your Wi-Fi router/device.
- Wait a minute till the internet router connects with the device.
- Connect your device with Hulu and check if Hulu is still showing this error.
Tips: Try using Ethernet or wired connection if possible to improve internet connectivity
Clear browser cache to Fix Error code 301 on Hulu
- Locate Google Chrome and open it.
- Click on the three dots on the top right side of the corner.
- Scroll down to click on the More tools option.
- Select Clear browsing data from the list, or you can press Ctrl + Shift + del together.
- Now, ensure All time is selected in the Time range and click on Clear data.
Clear cache in Mozilla Firefox
- Locate Mozilla Firefox and launch a new tab.
- Click on three horizontal lines on the top left corner
- Choose Options from the list and click to open.
- On the left side, you will get four options; click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down, go to the Cookies and site data section, and click on Clear data.
After clearing the cache and cookies, open your browser and check if you’re still facing the error code 301 on Hulu.
Clear Hulu App Cache and Data
On Android device
- Go to Settings and then scroll to the App section.
- See All apps and then Storage and cache.
- Select Clear storage/data and Clear cache.
On iOS device
There’s no option to clear the cache and data of an app on an iOS device. All you can do is uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Head to Settings and select General.
- Now, select iPhone/iPad Storage, then Hulu and uninstall.
- After that, navigate to the App store and reinstall it.
On Fire TV
- Navigate to Settings > Applications.
- Now, select Manage installed applications.
- After that, select Hulu > Clear cache and then clear data.
Update your Hulu app
Whatever device you’re using for Hulu, you need to make sure that your Hulu app should be updated on your streaming device.
So, better to check once if the Hulu app is not updated on your device, then update it and return to check whether the error code is showing or not.
Disconnecting Hulu from another device
If you are using Hulu on multiple devices with the same login account. If you are streaming Hulu on different devices with the same account simultaneously, you can face Hulu error code 301.
We suggest you first disconnect all the devices you are using the same account and then log in to the account on any device to check if the error code 301 is fixed.
Related: How to fix hulu error code 5005
Change DNS settings to Google DNS
Maybe this error is occurring on your device due to the DNS issue. Changing the DNS settings to Google IP addresses can fix the Hulu error code 301.
- Press the Window + R key together and open the RUN window.
- Type ncpa.cpl into the box and OK.
- Right-click on the Network connection and choose the Properties option.
- Select internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv) and click on Properties.
- Click on Use the DNS server addresses option.
- Enter the value 18.104.22.168 for the preferred DNS box and 22.214.171.124 for the alternative DNS server box.
- Click OK and close the run window and play Hulu.
Reset date and time
You can face Hulu error code 301 if the date and time on your device are not set properly. So make sure your date and time are configured properly. After setting the correct date and time from the setting, go to the Hulu app to check if you’re still facing the Hulu error code 301 on your device.
Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu UWP app
Reinstalling the app is the last fixing method after trying all the methods above, follow the steps to reinstall the app on your desktop.
- Click on Settings on your pc and open it.
- Click on Apps and then Apps and features.
- Scroll down to find Hulu and click to Uninstall.
- Now restart your pc and go to the Microsoft Store and install it again.
Now, if you’re facing Hulu error code 301 on another device, then reinstall the Hulu app on your device to fix the error code 301 Hulu on your device.
Related: How to clear hulu watch history
Fix Hulu error code 301 in the gaming console
- Select the Hulu application through the PS4 controller
- Now press the Triangle button and select Delete.
- Now open the PlayStation Store and download Hulu.
- First, logout of Hulu account through the gaming console and close it.
- Now locate the Hulu app and select.
- Press the Menu button on your console and select the Managed app.
- Press to Uninstall and then Install the app again and check whether Hulu is working.
Tip: Turn off your Xbox or ps4 completely; now, turn off your Wi-Fi router. Remove the ethernet cable from your console; now turn on your Wi-Fi and console and reconnect them using a cable. Now try if you’re still facing the Hulu error code 301 on your gaming console.
If you’re still facing the Hulu error code 301, try contacting the Hulu team for help with this issue on your device. You can also check our post on how to cancel your Hulu subscription.