People love to watch their favorite movies and shows on Hulu. Also why not, as it has some of the best tv shows movies available right now. Due to its popularity and the vast majority of a+ content, many people use Hulu including me. But recently I came across an issue, where I was unable to fast forward or rewind while watching a movie with a message on the screen saying “you can rewind after the break”. I googled and found that this is an issue faced by many Hulu users daily. So I decided to do some research and found some fixes that worked for me. In this post, I’m going to explain what to do when fast forward or rewind is not working on Hulu.
Why I Can’t Fast Forward or Rewind on Hulu?
Before proceeding I must explain some things. A Hulu premium subscriber with no ads plan can skip the ad but a person with ads or a free account can use the fast forward or rewind feature for a limited amount.
- Some content on Hulu is ad breaks nonskippable doesn’t matter if you have no ads plan. Also, you cannot fast forward or rewind on Hulu+ Live TV.
- If you are streaming episodes that aired on the same day, then you might not be able to skip or fast-forward them.
- You cannot skip or fast-forward content on live tv.
What to do When Hulu Fast Forward or Rewind is Not Working?
Below we’ve mentioned some fixes that can help you in resolving this problem.
You might not be able to fast forward or rewind a show on Hulu due to a minor glitch. But you can easily resolve this problem with the help of a power cycle or restart of your system.
- First, turn off and restart the smartphone or your tv.
- Now check if the problem is fixed or not.
If not then,
- Turn off your smart tv using your remote.
- Now unplug it from the power source/outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Plugin your smart tv and turn it on.
Now try fast-forwarding or rewinding a show, see if the problem is resolved or not.
Also check: Fix hulu keeps skipping episodes at the end
Restart The Stream and Relaunch Hulu App
If the power cycle and rebooting your smart tv didn’t work for you, then you can try restarting the steam. This has worked for many users and you can try restarting the stream by following the steps below.
- Use the back button on your remote to close the show or movie.
- Now close the Hulu app using the back button.
- Wait for some time.
- Now launch the Hulu app and play a show or movie.
After relaunching the Hulu app check if you’re able to fast forward or skip an ad or not.
Tips: If the fast forward or rewind is not working on hulu, then go to downdetector and look for an outage. If there’s an outage then for sometime, once the issue is resolved you’ll be able to fast forward or rewind without any issues.
Clearing the Cache of Hulu
If the problem persists, then you can try clearing the cache of the Hulu app. Doing this will remove the unnecessary files causing the issue on your device. After clearing the Hulu cache you’ll be good to go.
On Mobile Device
- Go to settings,
- Now select the application option.
- Locate and select the Hulu app.
- Go to the storage option.
- Now clear cache from here.
- Go to firestick settings.
- Go to applications.
- Select manage installed applications and select Hulu from the list.
- Now first force stop the app.
- Now clear cache and data.
- First, go to the Roku home screen.
- Now press the home button on Roku 5 times.
- Press the up button.
- Now Hit the rewind button twice.
- Then fast forward twice.
- Now your Roku device will restart.
Also check: Fix hulu keeps going on dark
Reinstall the Hulu App
If the shows and movies on the Hulu app is still not rewinding or fast-forwarding, the reinstallation of the Hulu app can help you. Reinstalling the Hulu app can resolve a lot of issues on your Roku including this one. Follow the steps below to reinstall the Hulu app on your device.
- Delete the Hulu app from your device.
- Now reboot your device.
- Now install the latest version of Hulu.
Launch the Hulu app and check if the fast forward feature is working or not.
Update the Hulu App
If you’re still getting notification on the screen saying you can fast forward or rewind after break. Then updating your device firmware to its latest version can help you in fixing the problem. To update your device firmware you can follow the steps mentioned in this post below.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Scroll and select settings.
- Now go to system.
- Select system update.
- Go to settings.
- Now select my fire tv.
- Select about.
- Now select install update or check for updates.
- Go to home screen then select settings icon.
- Select support option.
- Now choose software update.
- Select update now.
Also check: Fix hulu not working on samsung smart tv
Contact Hulu Team
If shows and movies on Hulu is still not rewinding or fast-forwarding, then contact the Hulu team. Explain the issue you are facing, the team at Hulu can help you in resolving this problem. If this post helped you then check how to fix peacock tv not working.