Is your Honeywell ‘Cool On’ blinking? This blog is going to be very helpful for you.
In this blog, I am going to give you some of the best solutions which I tried myself during the hot summer days when my Honeywell doesn’t work well. So let’s troubleshoot and get your winter back in your room in no time.
How do I fix my cool on flashing Honeywell thermostat?
Is your Honeywell cool on blinking? Don’t worry; you can resolve this issue by Checking your Thermostat set to cool mode, Setting your Thermostat to the lowest temperature, Checking the batteries of your Honeywell device, examining the power supply, Cleaning the air filter, Inspecting the AC coils and more.
Check your Thermostat is set to cool mode
The first thing you have to do is to check your Thermostat is set on Cool mode. Also, check the cooling temperature is set below the room temperature.
Set your Thermostat to the lowest temperature
The next thing you have to do is check whether your AC unit is set in the correct mode. Follow this checklist:
- First, check the setting is set to Cool mode.
- Set the Fan speed to Auto mode.
- Lastly, set your thermostat temperature to a minimum temperature.
Now, wait for some minutes until the AC unit starts to blow chilled air.
Note: If the Thermostat is blinking the cool mode, it means there is a power interruption. All you have to do is just restart your Thermostat.
Check if the battery still has juice or not
This is also a very important aspect because batteries give power to your main Thermostat remote unit if batteries don’t have enough juice.
You can check your battery’s status by looking for a batt/ low battery indication on the main display of your Honeywell thermostat. These batteries can last up to 2 months or a little more.
Note: If you have a 24VAC-powered thermostat, you have to check the wiring in this case. Call a professional HVAC technician in order to fix this issue.
Check for the proper Power supply
If the power supply isn’t linear. It can affect the overall AC performance and can be the reason behind this Honeywell cool-on-blinking issue. So you have to check for the proper voltage supplied to the AC unit.
Follow this checklist to check your Power supply:
- Check all the power connections to the AC and AC unit.
- Check all the components of the AC are properly secured and in place.
- Check the circuit breakers by restarting the power supply.
- Check for the fuses. If any fuse is blown, replace it with the new one.
- Check for any weird sounds coming from the AC and AC unit.
Check Air filter
If you are living in a polluted area. The dust will accumulate on the air filter very easily. This will block the air filter pores and hence decreases the overall air throw and cooling capacity.
So, if the cool indicator is flashing, you have to check the condition of the air filter. If you found the air filter to be dirty. You can clean with an air blower or get it done with a professional hand.
Many air filters come with reusability; make sure you will check this thing whether your air filter is reusable or not.
Note: Most air filter and HVAC companies recommend you replace your air filter every 90 Days or three months.
Inspect the AC coils
Another reason behind the Cool on blinking is the AC coils. AC coils are present in AC units placed outside your home.
Small thin fins on these AC coils help cool down the refrigerant and help the AC unit fight excess heat, which could cause damage to the cooling system.
These AC coils can be clogged with dust, debris, and other foreign particles. Hence it will affect the overall cooling capacity of your AC.
So, all you need to do is just to call a professional HVAC technician so that he can fix this issue for you. He will first inspect and then clean if he finds out anything abnormal between the AC coils.
Reset your Thermostat
Resetting your Thermostat can restore the original setting of your thermostat device. I am providing you with two ways to reset your Honeywell thermostat.
Follow these steps to reset the Thermostat:
- Power off your Thermostat.
- Remove the batteries.
- Put the batteries in the opposite way, such as -ve to +ve and +ve to -ve.
- Wait for at least 12 seconds and put the batteries again in the correct position.
- The Thermostat will reset.
For other Honeywell series
- Press and hold the menu button for a few seconds.
- You will see an option to reset your device.
- Select Factory reset or Reset when prompted.
- Tap on the Menu tab in the middle.
- Now use the arrow > button until you find the Reset option.
- Select it and again select the Factory option.
- You will see the message ‘Are You Sure’ and select Yes. ( Resetting message appears on the screen)
- First, Press and hold the weather button for 5-10 seconds until the menu appears on a small screen.
- Scroll down to Factory Reset.
- Select OK.
- Select Yes.
Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
- Select the Menu button present on the top right corner of your Honeywell thermostat screen.
- Scroll down to the Preferences section.
- Scroll down to Restore Factory Settings.
- Select Yes to execute the factory restore process.
Note: If your Thermostat is connected by a C wire, you have to power off the supply in order to reset it.
Take help from the Manual
If all of these solutions don’t solve your problem. You can take the help of the Manual that comes with your Honeywell device.
You can also visit Honeywell Thermostat Manuals, where you can find the Manual of your model to seek further help.
Calling HVAC technician
If all things fail to fix this problem. Maybe this is the time to call a professional HVAC technician because these technicians are skilled in their work and can fix these kinds of issues very easily.
Also, you can take the help of Honeywell in order to get technical support. Just visit Technical Support. Also, you can look up any extra help regarding your Honeywell thermostat here Product Support and Resources | Honeywell Home.
If this post help you, then check this guide on How to use LG TV without a remote?